The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Estimated U.S. Service Requirements- and cost

Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
This may be premature, but I’m looking ahead for the expected service costs at the dealer, and for standard service like a routine oil change. Understand, from what I have heard, the BMW oil change, for one, is not very low cost.

Any insight is appreciated.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Given that no US dealers exist yet, and subsequently, no US dealer labor rates are decided upon (and no US dealer labor guide exists yet, at least to the public's knowledge), I don't know how you could get an actual answer to this.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To add to my post, I'll also say that given the fact that these are >$70k vehicles, I find it hard to believe that an oil service is going to bankrupt anyone.

Dealer service department hourly rate variability between geographic location is literally like playing roulette. There are Euro luxury brands that charge $120/hr in one part of the country and $230/hr in others. Combine that with a routine "medium" service (disclaimer: this is for a generic vehicle, NOT the Grenadier, since that isn't officially published to my knowledge) which will run ~5 hours of shop labor (oil service, engine/cabin filters, tire rotation, brake fluid flush, overall vehicle inspection, wiper blades, etc) and you have a difference of $550, solely because of where you are in the country (or what actual dealer within certain regions as well).

For strictly an oil service, I would expect something along the lines of: $115 in parts ($24 filter, $13/qt for oil using OEM list BMW pricing), $10-15 in shop supplies, and 1hr of shop labor. Could it be less than 1hr of labor? Absolutely, but some non-Ineos dealers have a minimum labor rate of 1hr. If this is crazy, consider spending a few moments and finding a highly regarded independent shop that specializes either in these vehicles or knows what they are doing to work on your vehicle instead.

Again, THESE ARE NOT INEOS PRICES! This is an example based on my experience of working in the European automotive performance/service world for nearly 20 years

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Nobody has to be an Ineos "expert" to do an oil change or check wipers.
This vehicle should be very easy to change the oil as you dont need to get it up in the air. lol
My indy charges me 25 bucks if I bring him the oil and filter.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nobody has to be an Ineos "expert" to do an oil change or check wipers.
This vehicle should be very easy to change the oil as you dont need to get it up in the air. lol
My indy charges me 25 bucks if I bring him the oil and filter.
Even still, it’s amazing how often people still pay crazy prices for the service rather than do it themselves.

I think people have a misplaced idea that an “expert”/dealer somehow does it better and is willing to pay the premium.

In contrast, members here probably have the mindset that no one will love their truck more than their owner and feel they will do it better than the dealer, if not for any other reason then they’re not under any pressure to finish within a specific time frame. They can be OCD and take all the time they want

Local time
Reaction score
Just wanted to put that question out there.. I totally can do al the maintenance but in the event I’m not available to I wanted to inquire. Thanks.

Local time
Reaction score
Even still, it’s amazing how often people still pay crazy prices for the service rather than do it themselves.

I think people have a misplaced idea that an “expert”/dealer somehow does it better and is willing to pay the premium.

In contrast, members here probably have the mindset that no one will love their truck more than their owner and feel they will do it better than the dealer, if not for any other reason then they’re not under any pressure to finish within a specific time frame. They can be OCD and take all the time they want
Oh I know...
Its worse on the car boards...
No matter the car....Oh, you need a Viper expert to change the oil...Oh you need a Porsche expert to change THAT oil, and my dealer only charged me 700 bucks for an oil change and he even checked the tires!!!
lol
I let my indy change my cars because he only charges 95 for oil/filter/labor and thats full synthetic.
25 bucks on my Alfa 4C because I bring them the oil and filter and I watch them do it. :)
I change my motorcycle's oil because dealers charge anywhere from 250-350 bucks for that around here and I can do that and dont have to get anything in the air etc....

I realize a lot of folks, especially those who seem to do pretty well in life can whip out the debit card and not blink an eye, to me its the point.
No, I would not take a nice car to jiffy lube or any place like that.
:)

Local time
Reaction score
It has always amazed me how many opinions exist on how to do personal convergence maintenance. I’m a retired Navy Aviation Maintenance Officer and understand the many options. My intent was to understand the potential costs, with the understanding the process cost is likely still pending, especially in view of any warranty considerations. Thanks.

Local time
Reaction score
It has always amazed me how many opinions exist on how to do personal convergence maintenance. I’m a retired Navy Aviation Maintenance Officer and understand the many options. My intent was to understand the potential costs, with the understanding the process cost is likely still pending, especially in view of any warranty considerations. Thanks.
Were not directing this at you heater....

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’d love to hear stories about the insane maintenance requirements of some Naval Aviation assets! I’ve read and watched YouTube videos describing some number of DAYS of maintenance per every HOUR of flight time. Fascinating stuff and I’d happily allow you and your team to change my oil😉

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aviation is a whole other game! I have a 1966 Cessna 150 (2 seater) and just got it out of its annual maintenance inspection. Did full inspection …new wheel bearings on 3 wheels, oil change replaced 1 nav light and a couple bolts and got an invoice for $3500. But they did give it a complimentary wash and dry!

Local time
Reaction score
I’d love to hear stories about the insane maintenance requirements of some Naval Aviation assets! I’ve read and watched YouTube videos describing some number of DAYS of maintenance per every HOUR of flight time. Fascinating stuff and I’d happily allow you and your team to change my oil😉
It can be challenging.

Back
Top Bottom