The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Performance

Wood23

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am pleased to be able to join this forum. I have been the proud owner of a Grenadier Fieldmaster in the color mushroom for about 2 weeks. I chose the color black for the roof. It looks fantastic. So far I have only driven a Mitsubishi Pajero in the last few years. They are good cars, but production has now stopped. About 3 years ago I saw the Grenadier as a prototype for the first time. I've been following developments ever since. I knew immediately that this could be my car. I am thrilled with my Grenadier. I'm currently considering whether it makes sense to change the oil with a new filter early. I know this procedure from my previous vehicles.
I apologize for my bad English. That's why I work with a Google translator.

Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Run it in as per instructions and drop the oil at 1K then every 5 or 6 K as they say oil is far far cheaper than a new B57 or 8.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum @Wood23 . I’m from Germany too, got my Grenadier also FM in Magic Mushroom in October, currently 2500kms, on recreational travel in Erzgebirge/ ore mountains in Saxony. No issues so far, avg fuel consumption dropped to 11.5 l / 100kms and here are real challenging roads, narrow roads, bends and up to 20% grades never experienced on B roads .. even A roads may be hefty.
I will do the oil change probably around 7000mls 10k km But recent testing in unusual conditions including old town Dresden.. parking between royal palace and near Semperoper! Old town Freiberg Saxony and maneuvers in narrow roads worked better than expected. Found open air parking lots in areas never imagined to get one. Grenadier caught some attention.
Of course circling needs quite some steering wheel work..
So as of now Grenadier proved quite some daily ride capability even downtown. Its a strange feeling to look down to most cars.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I will be changing oil and filters at half the recommended intervals even though the recommended oil is expensive. Liqui Moly is super expensive in Australia but perhaps cheaper in DE. I have purchased 0W30 but believe that 5W30 may also be acceptable as long as it's BMW LL12E approved - more research required!

Back
Top Bottom