The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just Picked Up!

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Long time Grenadier lurker since development was announced. I owned a 1992 D110 for about 3 years before my wife said we needed something safer since we have two little ones. I ended up selling my D110 and getting a 2022 LR Defender. While the new Defender is nice and is capable off-road, it should have been the new Discovery and doesn't really live up to the original Deferen's legend. Then I heard about the Grenadier. I was beyond stoked. I originally pre-ordered and was extremely excited to pick one up when pre orders opened especially when they said the price wouldn't be too extravagant. Well when the official pricing was announced I was upset since it would cost similarly to a new Defender. I cancelled my pre-order. Didn't think much of it until about 3 weeks ago when I saw the first Grenadier in the wild...I was immediately hooked again. I live near Atlanta so was able to hop over to the local dealership and test drove one. My wife was thinking of selling her Disco so it was perfect timing. I'm now the owner of 2024 Inky Black Grenadier and my wife gladly took over the 2022 Defender 110. She's thrilled with her new ride and loves the Grenadier since it basically looks like my old 110.

Happy to be a part of this community and look forward to interacting with all the Grenadier owners.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Long time Grenadier lurker since development was announced. I owned a 1992 D110 for about 3 years before my wife said we needed something safer since we have two little ones. I ended up selling my D110 and getting a 2022 LR Defender. While the new Defender is nice and is capable off-road, it should have been the new Discovery and doesn't really live up to the original Deferen's legend. Then I heard about the Grenadier. I was beyond stoked. I originally pre-ordered and was extremely excited to pick one up when pre orders opened especially when they said the price wouldn't be too extravagant. Well when the official pricing was announced I was upset since it would cost similarly to a new Defender. I cancelled my pre-order. Didn't think much of it until about 3 weeks ago when I saw the first Grenadier in the wild...I was immediately hooked again. I live near Atlanta so was able to hop over to the local dealership and test drove one. My wife was thinking of selling her Disco so it was perfect timing. I'm now the owner of 2024 Inky Black Grenadier and my wife gladly took over the 2022 Defender 110. She's thrilled with her new ride and loves the Grenadier since it basically looks like my old 110.

Happy to be a part of this community and look forward to interacting with all the Grenadier owners.
Welcome to the fold and enjoy the ride, they are fantastic machines 👍

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome. Like your family, my wife drives a new Defender 110 and I have the Grenadier. So which truck do the kids prefer to be dropped off at school in?

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
its been so much fun. look forward to seeing what it can do this weekend!
Absolutely get out and about and use them where they excel. I loved my Defender TD5 90 better than any vehicle I’ve owned, the Grenadier gives me the same feeling every time I get in it !

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Enjoy your new ride. I love mine and I was impressed with its performance our on the desert trail and hills.

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome. Like your family, my wife drives a new Defender 110 and I have the Grenadier. So which truck do the kids prefer to be dropped off at school in?
They loved my 92 110 so they are a little partial to Grenadier for sure. Wife loves the defender though.

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely get out and about and use them where they excel. I loved my Defender TD5 90 better than any vehicle I’ve owned, the Grenadier gives me the same feeling every time I get in it !
It's so wild that it took a new car company to give us old defender heads that similar feeling with the Grenadier

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I felt so bad for a fellow Grenadier owner at the dealership I picked up. As I was picking mine up, a trailer with 4 Grenadiers off the boat pulled up and apparently the truck driver went under an overpass that was too low and scraped the top of this gorgeous Donny Gray Grenadier with a White roof. Gouged the roof and damaged the safari window. The dealership gave that driver an ear-full but the owner was supposed to pick up the next morning. Just felt so bad. This thing was absolutely loaded too. Hopefully the trucking company makes it right.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
🤦🏻‍♂️, that really sucks

Out of curiosity, how many Grenadiers were available on the lot to choose from?

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
🤦🏻‍♂️, that really sucks

Out of curiosity, how many Grenadiers were available on the lot to choose from?
They had about 25-30 available. Many were pre-orders that the customer decided to not pick up. This is in Roswell, GA.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They had about 25-30 available. Many were pre-orders that the customer decided to not pick up. This is in Roswell, GA.
Wow, mine is coming in through them/Regal. I might have to make a day trip and check it out.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, mine is coming in through them/Regal. I might have to make a day trip and check it out.
I looked at their inventory the other day (they updated their website), I think 32 or 34 on the lot ready to sell

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I looked at their inventory the other day (they updated their website), I think 32 or 34 on the lot ready to sell
I’ll have to check it out. Last time I was on, they had generic place holders with no pics or descriptions. Thanks brother

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
A handful of people have; SLRV Expedition in Australia is willing to ship it to the US, but it isn't inexpensive
I am rethinking the bull bar idea. I originally thought one should be a requirement, either factory or after market. Lots of deer around here, and I have hit them with both my 4x4 Sprinter and 4x4 Tundra. No damage to either thanks to the bull bars (and bars are also handy for some of the bump gates I encounter). But with the Gren’s protruding steel bumper I think I’ll take a chance. You don’t see a lot of heavy duty bull bars on Sprinters like mine😊

Attachments

• 113ABAA8-E745-4A68-9140-20A419260B56.jpeg
    113ABAA8-E745-4A68-9140-20A419260B56.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom