The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Our Latest Video On Changing The Oil In The B58

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
First off I want to give this forum a big thumbs up for the rapid response to my oil fill question which is an awesome testament to the folks here. We made a video of my experience with the first time oil change in the Grenadier and there were a couple of surprises. If anyone is interested in the process and where the various components are you can have a look here. I hope it helps those who want to DIY.

View: https://youtu.be/LzTYyVVvp-s?si=Ka86bnjAwVAnTIzG

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out! The folks in Boise were as surprised as I was - it was their first oil change on a Grenadier too.

Last edited:

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great video!! Thanks for taking the time to film it.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First off I want to give this forum a big thumbs up for the rapid response to my oil fill question which is an awesome testament to the folks here. We made a video of my experience with the first time oil change in the Grenadier and there were a couple of surprises. If anyone is interested in the process and where the various components are you can have a look here. I hope it helps those who want to DIY.

Really appreciated the step by step tips in the video. I’ve changed the oil in all my other vehicles so this what I was looking for.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out! The folks in Idaho Falls were as surprised as I was - it was their first oil change on a Grenadier too.
Again, I really appreciated your response and experience on this issue.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score

Hi Ragman, Thanks for the great video, well done sir.
We both have Shale Blue Grenadiers.
DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great video. Thoroughly enjoyed and certainly appreciated the effort and step-by-step instructions.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A great video, thank you very much for taking time to make it!

Local time
Reaction score
You’d think they would have moved the oil filter to a more convenient location. Is there a dipstick tube for an extraction pump? Someone at one of the events said we would be able to do a topside oil change like the LR4.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
You’d think they would have moved the oil filter to a more convenient location. Is there a dipstick tube for an extraction pump? Someone at one of the events said we would be able to do a topside oil change like the LR4.
Diesel has a dipstick , not the petrol version.
I say petrol , because, even if etymology isn't a personal deviance , it's always interesting :)
"
The term gasoline originated from the trademark terms Cazeline and Gazeline, which were stylized spellings and pronunciations of Cassell, the surname of British businessman John Cassell, who, on 27 November 1862, placed the following fuel-oil advertisement in The Times of London:

The Patent Cazeline Oil, safe, economical, and brilliant [...] possesses all the requisites which have so long been desired as a means of powerful artificial light.
That 19th-century advert is the earliest occurrence of Cassell's trademark word, Cazelline, to identify automobile fuel. In the course of business, he learned that the Dublin shopkeeper Samuel Boyd was selling a counterfeit version of the fuel cazeline, and, in writing, Cassell asked Boyd to cease and desist selling fuel using his trademark. Boyd did not reply, and Cassell changed the spelling of the trademark name of his fuel cazelline by changing the initial letter C to the letter G, thus coining the word gazeline. By 1863, North American English usage had re-spelled the word gazeline into the word gasolene, by 1864, the gasoline spelling was the common usage. In place of the word gasoline, most Commonwealth countries (except Canada), use the term "petrol", and North Americans more often use "gas" in common parlance, hence the prevalence of the usage "gas bar" or "gas station" in Canada and the United States.

Coined from Medieval Latin, the word petroleum (L. petra, rock + oleum, oil) initially denoted types of mineral oil derived from rocks and stones. In Britain, Petrol was a refined mineral oil product marketed as a solvent from the 1870s by the British wholesaler Carless Refining and Marketing Ltd. When Petrol found a later use as a motor fuel, Frederick Simms, an associate of Gottlieb Daimler, suggested to John Leonard, owner of Carless, that they trademark the word and uppercase spelling Petrol. The trademark application was refused because petrol had already become an established general term for motor fuel. Due to the firm's age, Carless retained the legal rights to the term and to the uppercase spelling of "Petrol" as the name of a petrochemical product."

Last edited:

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly the bottom drain was super easy.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just did an oil change. Level ground it says OK but the Off Road Level Ground still shows two hash marks. Do I keep adding until Off Road says OK?

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just did an oil change. Level ground it says OK but the Off Road Level Ground still shows two hash marks. Do I keep adding until Off Road says OK?
Now that I know it takes more I ended up using closer to 7 L and I have both oks now. How much did you put in?

Have you driven it at all or just checked right after the oil change? I would drive a bit and recheck then add a bit, check, add a bit and so on if still not ok. If you find the magic volume be sure to post that up!

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I put in a total of nearly 7.75 quarts before I got both OK's. Drove almost 200 miles today and still reading good levels

Jayman1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did my first oil change today at 1,200 miles just to get the break in crap out of there. I filled to exactly 6.5L like the manual says. I drove it around for 15 mins to get it up to temp before doing the oil level check. I got both ok's so I'm thinking some of you needed to get the oil up to temp and let it circulate before doing the check. I used Revenol FES 0w-30 which is ACEA C2

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did my first oil change today at 1,200 miles just to get the break in crap out of there. I filled to exactly 6.5L like the manual says. I drove it around for 15 mins to get it up to temp before doing the oil level check. I got both ok's so I'm thinking some of you needed to get the oil up to temp and let it circulate before doing the check. I used Revenol FES 0w-30 which is ACEA C2
I actually drove it, checked and added. Drove again, checked-still no go so came to the forum. Got great feedback, added, checked and all was good.

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did my first oil change yesterday at 1091 miles. Pretty straight forward, used BMW oil and filter. Put in about 7.4qts as per research on forum and Internet. Drove around 50 miles and all is ok for now. I was pleased that the oil plug was easy access un like, my other vehicle which has 2 shields with about 15-20 bolts and plastic snaps just to reach the oil plug.

Back
Top Bottom