The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Vera + Christian: My Grenadier On Youtube

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
The day I got my Grenadier my first visit was at Christian and Vera in the neighboring village. Christian made a little video about the visit - humorous as always.

And as usual, Christian had some interesting findings ...

Here it is:

typo

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
The day I got my Grenadier my first visit was at Christian and Vera in the neighboring village. Christian made a little video about the visit - humorous as always.

And as usual, christian had Christian some interesting findings ...

Here it is:

Great to see this emax. Really like Christian and Vera. Thanks for popping over!

Yep, he's right as usual. The dangling wires, why???? Perhaps they were always meant to be covered but just ran out of time....One of the first things I will have to resolve.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Tempted may be. They really like the Grenadier. But they want to keep their Discos as well. So I don't think that this will happen anytime soon.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well well well, why such a hatred against the French and 🇫🇷 built?
They made and still make quite some decent cars: I had a Citroen Dyane, my father had 2 Peugeot 504, ...
My former Japanese car, a Suzuki Grand Vitara, had a Diesel Renault motor: about 220.000 km on the odo meter, and only now at the end I probably had a turbo issue (that I didn't repair anymore).
And don't forget there are some French people on this Forum :unsure:

My wires are not really hanging, but I have to admit that branches could perhaps tear some off. So indeed a point of concern, but this is German/Austrian design by the way!

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They made and still make quite some decent cars: I had a Citroen Dyane, my father had 2 Peugeot 504, ...
My former Japanese car, a Suzuki Grand Vitara, had a Diesel Renault motor: about 220.000 km on the odo meter, and only now at the end I probably had a turbo issue (that I didn't repair anymore).

My wires are not really hanging, but I have to admit that branches could perhaps tear some off. So indeed a point of concern, but this is German/Austrian design by the way!
You nailed it, good points Jean

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score

I had a Renault Megane RS250. Fantastic car with a lot of character. So good in fact i brought the RS265 as well.

Attachments

• 20120831_084224.jpg
    20120831_084224.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 3
Local time
Reaction score
I think the reason is "its´s a sticker" and not a "plaque with only the france flag"
The solution could be a plaque with flags of the three countries.
(a little gimmick: for France, United Kingdom and Germany Ineos had to make the destination-country flag a little bit bigger as the other two flags on the plaque)

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Renault Megane RS250. Fantastic car with a lot of character. So good in fact i brought the RS265 as well.
The RS250 was an awesome car, I had one with a Milltek exhaust and it made me smile ear to ear every time I drove it. Great gearbox and clutch setup, and a cracking pair of Recaros.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier I wouldn't call it hatred. I don't hate the French and I don't think anyone here does. I even had a great love affair in France a few decades ago and considered living there.

But I feel free to dislike their understanding of engineering. I agree with you about the Peugeot 504, which was and still is an exceptionally robust and good car. But as for the rest - sorry, my experience has been terrible (I had old Citroens and a Renault and always had to repair them myself).

And I think it is a normal tradition to scold your neighbors in some matters. We Germans are called humorless Krauts. The Italians are often called chaotic, the French arrogant, the British snobbish. But so what. It's a grumpy-friendly rant, and everyone gets one's come-uppance - often with a grain truth in it.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score

I think @emax removed it as a bit of fun. I just don't like stickers on my vehicles, always remove such things. It's not anti-French, like most of us we have all owned French cars in the past.

Watching LeMans and I don't want any of the Europeans to win, just the Toyota. Why, I have no idea, but its the team I fancy.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Emax - good video to start but I really look forward to their drive of your Grenadier and their thoughts - good & not so good.

Nevertheless, I have been able to add an item to my "Grenadier Shakedown Checklist": check all under-chassis cabling.

If it's hanging down, can I raise and/or better attach to the chassis or need after market protection.

Back
Top Bottom