The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Analytic video from Christian - LR Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
I’m interested in seeing how INEOS reference normal mixed driving and arduous usage as they’re very different duty cycles.

An old engineer told me a long time ago, “take care of the little things and the big things take care of themselves”

I can feel an oil change interval and analysis thread brewing.

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
As a former BMW master tech mine will be changed early(how early will be determined by what's recommended) or annually. The oil is the absolute lifeblood of these engines and is far to cheap and simple to change to try and get a few extra km/miles out of to save a buck.

Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Excellent video emax, Australia's top selling car the new Ford Ranger has that same fragile motor to go along with its fragile transmission, Ford tries to copy ZF, but never seems to get it right. I can imagine there will be a lot of heart ache in the future.

COSTA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
As a former BMW master tech mine will be changed early(how early will be determined by what's recommended) or annually. The oil is the absolute lifeblood of these engines and is far to cheap and simple to change to try and get a few extra km/miles out of to save a buck.
I would hazard a guess its more about making time than saving money. For many people it's hard enough to keep to the service interval

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the video @emax.

As a former early LR3 owner that took the vehicle to many places remote I felt a little uneasy (at multiple stages) watching that video. I did have the sense to sell it before my luck ran out though.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Let me try to put end to the debate. I change my oil in ND every 5k miles. LR recommends every 20k miles. ppl has already done oil samples and found out after 5k miles the oil really breaks down. There are posts in ND forums on Facebook and forums. There are videos from YouTubers. All say the same thing, change your oil early. I bring up the ND because it shares the same oil weight as the B58

View: https://youtu.be/Wb2Y-qmtvMk

Here is one on a b58 petrol
View: https://youtu.be/3uJGNluy7k0

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Nobody in the history of the world has been able to end the debate 😁
I do my own thing and really don't worry about what others do or don't.
But yes , I never go past 10000km without a change of undies.
Especially as it is the second debate about oil change intervals. Probably everything will be warmed up in four month again ;)

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
This is good in the Australian market, made for BMW standards:-

16p3.png

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
We all have different uses for the Grenni and will all drive it in our own way, my late dad had a great saying that I have stuck by for 53 years:- “OIL IS THE CHEAPEST MECHANIC YOU WILL EVER EMPLOY“.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Love a bit of Christian & Vera. I know they read this forum time to time.

So are we going to go 5W-Dumbass in the Grenny or 5w-40?

(already had last service on the D4 5w-40 tks to C&V's previous video(s)).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
When you reverse up to her drop the parking sensors don't beep as they see nothing and people may reverse off cliff.
With greetings from the don't-put-a-cat-in-a-microwave generation.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
I’m interested in seeing how INEOS reference normal mixed driving and arduous usage as they’re very different duty cycles.

An old engineer told me a long time ago, “take care of the little things and the big things take care of themselves”

I can feel an oil change interval and analysis thread brewing.
My new Mercedes Sprinter "had" 30k klm intervals, but with my driving habits it's changed to 40k klms. Seems long driving times is good for the engine (I think most know that) but I'm still concerned with the service intervals. On the upside it does come with unlimited klm warranty at least.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Mine will get at minimum an annual oil change and I tend to do well under 10,000 kms per year usually more like 5-7000 so mine will be getting an oil change at maximum 12 months or 10,000kms if I do a harder trip, like a Simpson crossing or a Cape York trip I will probably do one before and after whatever the time and mileage.
Looks like hi tec oils based in Sydney make this BMW Spec LL4 lubricant so it’s good to know we’ll have a supplier on hand. They’ve got a warehouse in every state and territory.

Local time
Reaction score
Bonsoir
Huile 5W-30 ou 5W-40 pour le moteur B57 BMW
View attachment 7802482

You might want to double check on the IA´s spec: "Capacite lubrifianant" for instance might be different due to adjusted sump w baffles etc. "Controlee, remplace".. is another one not simply adaptable, depending on usage you might have to lower that to 5k..or even less..The actual oil should be the same though, but not neccessarily..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom