The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Vera + Christian: My Grenadier On Youtube

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
I've always seen locking wheel nuts on my vehicles as devil's work.

Quite often they have the strength of a curly wurly and the ability to make one swear profusely.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the video @emax. Nice to see you’re on here too. Christian and Vera will make you famous yet …. I can see a spin off series coming 😅
Car looks great! Impressed with the look of it the more I see of it in real life videos, not just to promo stuff. The wires thing is a bit of a worry - aftermarket will sort it but underbody plates for that monster won’t come cheap!
I’ll be removing the stick too because it’s a sticker …. That’s all 😉

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excluding the UK then? 😢
Sadly we excluded ourselves, then Brexit-supporting JR pulled a reverse ferret and abondoned plans to build in the UK in favour of Hambach. I drove past the place a week ago, can't get much closer to the heart of Europe. Not quite sure about the rationale for the UK/German flag when it's made in France. But I honestly don't care, I like the colours!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Sadly we excluded ourselves, then Brexit-supporting JR pulled a reverse ferret and abondoned plans to build in the UK in favour of Hambach. I drove past the place a week ago, can't get much closer to the heart of Europe. Not quite sure about the rationale for the UK/German flag when it's made in France. But I honestly don't care, I like the colours!
Keeping in mind that Ineos owns one third of the Mercedes Formula 1 team he has very close ties with Mercedes Benz.
I think if MB weren't changing completely to electric vehicles in the near future he probably would have used their engine.
Having to build a new factory in the UK and then having to import most of the parts would have been a major problem after Brexit.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got a Trialmaster in Kenya… no hanging cables etc. Perhaps it’s a utility v Trialmaster thing? I’ve got a bunch of videos on my YouTube channel: @KenyanGrenadier if you’d like some owner feedback and comparisons to my 200 series and Jimny.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
I never understood why a "Global Guy" like JR supported Brexit, but perhaps I am not clever enough.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve checked underneath today and no hanging cables, but every Gromit seems to have a checkmark on it, and every nut and bolt has a dab of green paint on it.
If it's painted like some of mine, it's worse than useless...
WP_20230428_070.jpg
I never understood why a "Global Guy" like JR supported Brexit, but perhaps I am not clever enough.
I think he'd had a number of run ins with some of his European plants, including possibly in Belgium, with EU authorities.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a Trialmaster in Kenya… no hanging cables etc. Perhaps it’s a utility v Trialmaster thing?
Is yours petrol?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yea those are terrible. You know, they make a lot of harnesses in the Ukraine. Do you think they had to scramble to find a different supplier and thus the messy cables and whatnot.
I don't think it's a question of the harness as such.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any suggestions as to how to relocate these low-hanging offenders? If I had mine in the driveway I would be much more help at this point…. Thanks.
I'll take some more photos later, it's much easier to see in photos than explain what they have done in words. 👍

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Well there goes my theory.

Can you post some photos of how yours are routed/tied?
I’ll do so when I get it on a jack next. For now you can check some of the videos/shorts on my social media. Pretty certain I’ve got at least two videos of the undercarriage. YouTube @kenyangrenadier Instagram Kenyan_grenadier

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
Once again - I had and still have quite good relationship to UK - and I do fully understand why the brexit supporters won. This is getting political now - and I won't continue on this. However some other political stuff has directly to do with Sir Jims Plans on building a plant in Wales. He purchased the area but demanded some more infrastructure such as extension of a motorway to get materials there and vehicles away. This however was first promised then denied once the regional government thought they got Jim on his privates. due to the fact that Ineos has relations to MB Formula one... and the idea to sell the Hambach factory by Mercedes Benz is nothing really new.. that was already considered by MB / Daimler already quite some years ago.. So - I think its just a matter of circumstances and opportunity. The economical reason of Brexit is just one, Being drawn around on a nose ring by the Wales regional government and getting the possibility to purchase a modern car factory plus appropriate staff and infrastructure there is tempting beyond patriotism. On the opposite who in UK is complaining on JLR the New Defender is made in CZ and owned by Tata..
To me the New Defender does not deserve the British Flag at all.
The Grenadier is owned by British, based on a British idea.. - okay the German Flag is nice.. for some components and development support - but indeed the Grenadier is a multinational project led and sponsored by a British person.
If we considered so - there should be Austrian, Italian, Mexican.. indeed something that came to reality w/o this EU bureaucrazy.
Just provocative.. sometimes people produce good (perhaps better) results w/o politics stuff and we (EU customers) know what the intent of EU in relation to such type of vehicles is.. - EU would / will do anything to stop such vehicles being around at all.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any suggestions as to how to relocate these low-hanging offenders? If I had mine in the driveway I would be much more help at this point…. Thanks.
These are the same cables, tied up differently in another vehicle with a VIN just under 3000 - so it looks like lessons have been learnt; just not sure if they will be retrospectively applied to earlier vehicles or not?
IMG_20230707_140535887_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom