The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Yes, was a time I could go for multiple rounds or against multiple attackers.
Now I reckon I am good for 15 seconds against a fool.
A bit longer behind the wheel of the Grenadier. ;);)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, was a time I could go for multiple rounds or against multiple attackers.
Now I reckon I am good for 15 seconds against a fool.
Same ; I can sprint pretty fast , and for longer than most nutters/kids
But can't say the same for my wife.
I size up each situation and just de-escalate.
Generally speaking I park well away from others, as I never trust the other driver/passengers not to dent/scratch my cars.
When your days are limited , living to fight another day seems wisest.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
One reason why I go the the unloved and often unused corner of the car park, then I can say you came to me, so stop whinging.
Yes, I do exactly the same. When I drive there, nobody parks there. When I come out, there's another car parked right next to me. The rest of the space around it is free. As always, I think to myself, typically German. They are very special in some ways. At least that's only happened to me several times here in Germany.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I do exactly the same. When I drive there, nobody parks there. When I come out, there's another car parked right next to me. The rest of the space around it is free. As always, I think to myself, typically German. They are very special in some ways. At least that's only happened to me several times here in Germany.
That is so true! There will be multiple places and they park right next to you. About two weeks ago they parked right next to me, about 10cm away. I had to be very careful reversing out to make sure our mirrors did not hit - no other cars in the whole place.

One other trick I use is to park across two parking places, if there are plenty of spaces.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There is a psychology paper written about this phenomenon.
Not that I have access to it.
But I think some people feel there is safety in numbers i.e. less likely for their car to be targeted.
Or maybe they are waiting for you to return so they can covertly nick your keycode for later use.
If you park a dodgy looking/dirty car in the first place , like bad body odour you will keep them away!
(Something I have proven with my '73 Landy)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That'll get ya a key in the paint around here.

Nobody's that special.

Got to say that in the UK that kind of parking would get the same treatment. In fact there are Facebook groups dedicated to shite parking.

I always thought it was just me, I call it defensive parking (my own invention), where I will drive right to the other end of a car park and park on my own with no one about. Quite often I come back and there is still no one about apart from the one car that has parked 6” away from mine.

Clearly there is something in this around what makes people herd together. I always wonder what was going through their head when they parked there, 6” away from my door, with nothing else but fresh air in the surrounding 20 spaces. Invariably the wind catches my door when I open it, and it opens a lot faster than I intended.

Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
We have similar issue with caravans, motorhomes and boats that park across multiple spots at the local regional shopping centre. The locals will park them in and do their shop. It can be some of the best entertainment watching people do a 30 point back and forwards trying to get their caravan or boat out and once out the correctly parked car leaves and drives past them as the trailer people try to squeeze through the car park access with an increasing waiting audience.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The comments are all pretty positive. And 87k views is good for Ineos.
The usual doubters have clearly shuffled off to their own echo chambers!

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't park too far out of the way but I do try to find some gaps (3-4 spaces). Every time I park in the proverbial boonies someone parks right next to me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The comments are all pretty positive. And 87k views is good for Ineos.
The usual doubters have clearly shuffled off to their own echo chambers!

Probably got bored writing the same comment on every YouTube video they see or just moved on to the next vehicle to slag off. You may find them commenting on every 2024 Toyota Prado review as of now.

I wish I had a pound (GBP) coin for every time I see the comment on a Landrover video essentially saying….if you want to get out in the bush buy a Landrover, if you want to get back buy a Toyota.

If I did have a pound for every time, I could probably buy a new Toyota Prado 😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Probably got bored writing the same comment on every YouTube video they see or just moved on to the next vehicle to slag off. You may find them commenting on every 2024 Toyota Prado review as of now.

I wish I had a pound (GBP) coin for every time I see the comment on a Landrover video essentially saying….if you want to get out in the bush buy a Landrover, if you want to get back buy a Toyota.

If I did have a pound for every time, I could probably buy a new Toyota Prado 😂
"Toyota reliability" also triggers me internally.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video but these guys do a lot of old school g Wagons and unimogs. I spoke to him this week about the QM. Once he can his hands on one, he will be making a tray/canopy for it. For those interested same price as the jeep gladiator version.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video but these guys do a lot of old school g Wagons and unimogs. I spoke to him this week about the QM. Once he can his hands on one, he will be making a tray/canopy for it. For those interested same price as the jeep gladiator version.
I see a lot of vendors pushing a lot of trash and snake oil into the Grenadier market. I expect these guys to build quality parts & be able to provide a technical analysis of why they are recommending what they sell - not just "look, more better!"

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see a lot of vendors pushing a lot of trash and snake oil into the Grenadier market. I expect these guys to build quality parts & be able to provide a technical analysis of why they are recommending what they sell - not just "look, more better!"

It's going to get real nasty when the Rough Country equivalents start making parts.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You have to snigger when people post about their "upgrades".
Which in the context of the vehicle they are not!
Anyway , you know what they say about the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom