The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Canny Outdoors - "Five reasons I am unhappy with Ineos. Why was my Grenadier towed away?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Newish video from John Canny, voicing moans a number of us will identify with.

His previous videos are worth a watch, including a van rollover and some recovery with a non-functioning winch and lockers.

View: https://youtu.be/QsKHs2g-Xiw

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Very sad story! I watched this video and I do not know where to start, the price of a replacement key and spare steel wheel are simply ridiculous! With the lack of support and the broken promises concerning workshop manuals and the scarcity of spare parts. What an adventure!!!

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sad, but entirely reasonable. We all keep hoping the Ineos mothership will see these comments and thoughts and react, but.. crickets. :confused:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I share his pain on the parts. I paid £18.65 + vat each for rubber grommets for the auxiliary rads
IMG_9796.jpegand about £500 for a BFG tyre on a steel rim. I hope I get the TPMs valve IMG_0892.jpegfor that price but not sure as yet.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
What happened to the original grommets. I would like to confirm that the price was for one grommets and you needed four?

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What happened to the original grommets. I would like to confirm that the price was for one grommets and you needed four?
Price is for each. I lost grommets as rads came loose. All fixed now and later vehicles have a better upgraded fixing method. Early adopters of the Grenadier were part of prototype testing I guess 😂
Mines been upgraded now so all good. I’ll post pictures soon when I update Logsplitter’s travels thread. But can confirm the rads won’t come loose now 👍🏼

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Price is for each. I lost grommets as rads came loose. All fixed now and later vehicles have a better upgraded fixing method. Early adopters of the Grenadier were part of prototype testing I guess 😂
Mines been upgraded now so all good. I’ll post pictures soon when I update Logsplitter’s travels thread. But can confirm the rads won’t come loose now 👍🏼
Sad that you had pay out of pocket for something that I would think the warranty should cover!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sad that you had pay out of pocket for something that I would think the warranty should cover!
I just needed the parts and couldn’t wait for warranty approval so just ordered not knowing they would be that expensive. I was more thinking take a zero of that price. 👍🏼

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
I just needed the parts and couldn’t wait for warranty approval so just ordered not knowing they would be that expensive. I was more thinking take a zero of that price. 👍🏼
Ineos should pay you back, as you are their unofficial prototype tester ;-) warranty approval or not!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos should pay you back, as you are their unofficial prototype tester ;-) warranty approval or not!
I’ve certainly been prototype testing. Where I’ve been recently is totally amazing. Totally off grid and a very long way from any dealer. I will elaborate in due course via Logsplitter travel thread. 😍

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I’ve certainly been prototype testing. Where I’ve been recently is totally amazing. Totally off grid and a very long way from any dealer. I will elaborate in due course via Logsplitter travel thread. 😍
Looking into my crystal ball I see...A Book...Discovery Channel...endless Bollinger - and free grommets, for life 😁

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And 1.9 million km later, retire to a small cottage in the Lakes District.
"And then he woke up "
Happy dreaming 😊
You have dashed my dreams. I was beginning to think you were some kind of “Mystic Meg” now I realise you are “Septic Peg”

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was quoted AUD780 for a 17 inch steel wheel a few months ago. I said no thank you. John's price was much higher than that.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
I was quoted AUD780 for a 17 inch steel wheel a few months ago. I said no thank you. John's price was much higher than that.
That's quite odd, be interested to see why. I think Justin's (Hovecar) inbox may be a little busy. The comments haven't helped IA in any way at all. This (we hope) may be a good push to get them to act on their promises 🤞

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As people have said the MB Sprinter van wheel is the same , I've done a search. They make several sizes but can't find an exact match for the Ineos.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
As people have said the MB Sprinter van wheel is the same , I've done a search. They make several sizes but can't find an exact match for the Ineos.
Is it the offset that's different?

Back
Top Bottom