The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Canny Outdoors - "Five reasons I am unhappy with Ineos. Why was my Grenadier towed away?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Steve,
you may need to disassemble the spring loaded bolts* to remove the barrier ..that's the bad news!
The good news is that by cutting 1 1/2 coils from each spring and reassembling the bolts as per the attached post, you can then activate the bolts simply by pressing them with your thumbs. e.g. I can now install/remove the barrier in a couple of minutes.
*grip the bolts with pliers and unscrew the torx head
Check this post #17 https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/station-wagon-cargo-barrier.12410505/#post-1333218544
which explains "how"!
good luck with it
Thanks @DenisM that's most useful. When I get my car back I'll have a crack at modifying.

Cheers

Steve

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Yes I was slightly surprised that the cargo barrier didn't meet Australian standards as well, But in my experience many manufacturer supplied barriers don't and if they do they are Australian sourced. With regard to trying to mount the barrier in the front do you mean that top barrier mounts won't fit into the forward top body slots or the lack of lower mounts?

I'm still working how to remove the damm barrier without using 4 hands though. My car is at the dealers getting another round of warranty niggles looked at. I've asked them to demonstrate removing the barrier when I pick up the car. It will be interesting to see.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,

The top mounts don't fit. The barrier is to wide. Additionally there are no bottom mounts for the forward position. The bottom mounts won't be hard to fabricate but will go over the middle of the rear door restricting access significantly.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australian Standards are not compulsory, of themselves, sometimes laws can make them compulsory in some situations. In contrast the ADRs are compulsory. In my former life I had to deal with the Australian Standards from time to time.

The INEOS LED lightbar can only be used offload, so the lightbar says on it. That is probably how INEOS avoids linking it to the high beam.
I agree with you 100% but again I believe INEOS have a responsibility in their marketing to tell purchases that the light bar is for off road use only.

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
17" steelies are about 100 Euro each (aftermarket in Europe, but looking like produced in same factory than OEM), OEM are 350 Euros - 1200 AUS$ is just insane

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
17" steelies are about 100 Euro each (aftermarket in Europe, but looking like produced in same factory than OEM), OEM are 350 Euros - 1200 AUS$ is just insane
Euros350 approx AUD600 per rim inc Goods &Services Tax (GST). Still a steep price but not unexpected.....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
17", what width?

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Funny that I watched the video right after I found rust spots on my sidesteps. Not as bad as in the video though, but the chips have turned into rust. The fuel tank bash plate and a few spots on the frame have also been chipped and rusted.

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4710.JPG
    IMG_4710.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 56

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

The top mounts don't fit. The barrier is to wide. Additionally there are no bottom mounts for the forward position. The bottom mounts won't be hard to fabricate but will go over the middle of the rear door restricting access significantly.
Thanks Andrew. Bit of a bugger about the top mount spacing. I did have some ideas about making bottom mounts, but as Barrier is too wide for the forward position it’s a moot point now.

cheers
Steve

Mark WA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was quoted AUD780 for a 17 inch steel wheel a few months ago. I said no thank you. John's price was much higher than that.
I've just been quoted $1,100 and I forgot to ask if that included GST! Did you manage to source a steel spare in Australia (I'm inWA)? For what it's worth I've found one in Ireland for €150/AUD 250.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've just been quoted $1,100 and I forgot to ask if that included GST! Did you manage to source a steel spare in Australia (I'm inWA)? For what it's worth I've found one in Ireland for €150/AUD 250.
That's nuts. If you cannot find any local takeoffs, MB Sprint steelies are the same so check those forums for takeoffs or get a quote from a MB dealer.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Somebody was selling a set of steelies and tyres in the UK (eBay) for £1000 recently. Not sure if they are still there, sounds like a bargain now after reading this.

Whoever said Ineos are ruining their own brand, has echoed what I have said on here before. They really are trying very hard to derail their own product.

In the future I can see quite a few of the current dealerships ditching the brand. Hopefully I am wrong.

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, I will do what Krabby suggested, look for a Sprinter rim in due course.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW I recently bought one at a very good price from DCatt in Brisbane who fitted his Gren. with aftermarket wheels. He still has three available ... ref. the Classifieds on the forum.
I am in Ballina at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom