The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Canny Outdoors - "Five reasons I am unhappy with Ineos. Why was my Grenadier towed away?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
Is it the offset that's different?
I haven't contacted MB but I found one FS the correct width but no mention of offset.
There must be a wheel guy on this forum who can access the info.

Reactions: PBD

BiG ReD

Contract Signed
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
K video from John Canny, voicing moans a number of us will identify with.
I
His previous videos are worth a watch, including a van rollover and some recovery with a non-functioning winch and lockers.

View: https://youtu.be/QsKHs2g-Xiw
Yes I've watched John's videos from, the start, and just hoping they get there act together here in the UK, I think they need to back off promotion videos etc ,and backup existing customers, and all,that john highlighted in the video. From Steve near Chester England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 where the Roman's once lived.

AWo

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Isn't the steel rim exactly the same as from the Mercedes Sprinter? About 50 to 60 Euros....

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the steel rim exactly the same as from the Mercedes Sprinter? About 50 to 60 Euros....
Can you find one in the same size?
I can't

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
£625 for a 2.5oz key!!!

Platinum is only worth £700 an ounce. Flippin heck Ineos.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpeg
    IMG_0452.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I share his pain on the parts. I paid £18.65 + vat each for rubber grommets for the auxiliary rads
View attachment 7844789and about £500 for a BFG tyre on a steel rim. I hope I get the TPMs valve View attachment 7844788for that price but not sure as yet.
Those 'grommets' as you call them so callously were hand made - each formed on the perfectly tanned thigh of a Brazilian Super Model from the rarest natural rubber, then were hand packaged and flown to Sweden where they were sung ancient Norse songs by local maidens while the finished white patina you see was perfected to look like they were decades old. Later, after a 3 week stay in Germany where engineers did the final assembly in pure carbon fiber resins they were packaged and delivered gently by DHL on a separate plane - 1 pack per plane mind you - with no other packages lest they be damaged. $18 each sounds like a bargain

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those 'gommets' as you call them so callously were hand made - each formed on the perfectly tanned thigh of a Brazilian Super Model from the rarest natural rubber, then were hand packaged and flown to Sweden where they were sung ancient Norse songs by local maidens while the finished white patina you see was perfect to look like they were decades old. Later, after a 3 week stay in Germany where engineers did the final assembly in pure carbon fiber resins they were packaged and delivered gently by DHL on a separate plane - 1 pack per plane mind you - with no other packages lest they be damaged. $18 each sounds like a bargain
Sounds like a dream job being 'quality control manager' at the very beginning of that process

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are definitely damaging the brand. All Johns issues are real and there are many more. Broken promise after broken promise.

My big gripe is that the Ineos Supplied cargo barrier does not comply with the Australian Standard for Cargo Barriers. I live in Australia, drive in Australia and have what i believe a reasonable expectation that my cargo barrier should comply with the AS. Inoes disagree. As a minimum i think we should have been told at time of purchase that the barrier does not comply with the AS. Again Ineos disagree.

Further the cargo barrier cannot be relocated from behind the rear seats to behind the front seats on a Trialmaster. The mounts provided look like they will fit but don't. This is the first vehicle i have ever owned where the cargo barrier can't be relocated. Built on Purpose, not a touring purpose with the rear seat folded.

I am also aware of cars that have been fitted with Light Bars that do not turn off with high beam, again a clear breach of the Australian Design Rules. Do Ineos care? Do they know?

All of these issues make me wonder what surprises are in store for us after a couple of years.

As a side note wait until you have to replace the batteries on a Trialmaster. I don't think Battery World will honour the free fitting service.

AWo

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I am also aware of cars that have been fitted with Light Bars that do not turn off with high beam, again a clear breach of the Australian Design Rules. Do Ineos care? Do they know?
Just to clarify...a.f.a.i.k. the UN-ECE regulations apply in Australia. That means you're right, a high beam lightbar must go off with the cars high beam.

But is it a high beam lightbar wirh the mark "R"? If it is the Ineos lightbar (where I gave somewhere else here a hint regarding its real price) it has no "R"-mark and thereby it is no high beam light, but a working light. As a working light it must be switched completely independent from the other lights with a switch clearly marked and giving a sign of its status and must not switch off with the high beam of the car. But it is also not allowed to use while driving.

If that is the case, at least here Ineos did nothing wrong.

What is the free fitting service?

AWo

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Ineos are definitely damaging the brand. All Johns issues are real and there are many more. Broken promise after broken promise.

My big gripe is that the Ineos Supplied cargo barrier does not comply with the Australian Standard for Cargo Barriers. I live in Australia, drive in Australia and have what i believe a reasonable expectation that my cargo barrier should comply with the AS. Inoes disagree. As a minimum i think we should have been told at time of purchase that the barrier does not comply with the AS. Again Ineos disagree.

Further the cargo barrier cannot be relocated from behind the rear seats to behind the front seats on a Trialmaster. The mounts provided look like they will fit but don't. This is the first vehicle i have ever owned where the cargo barrier can't be relocated. Built on Purpose, not a touring purpose with the rear seat folded.

All of these issues make me wonder what surprises are in store for us after a couple of years.

As a side note wait until you have to replace the batteries on a Trialmaster. I don't think Battery World will honour the free fitting service.
Yes I was slightly surprised that the cargo barrier didn't meet Australian standards as well, But in my experience many manufacturer supplied barriers don't and if they do they are Australian sourced. With regard to trying to mount the barrier in the front do you mean that top barrier mounts won't fit into the forward top body slots or the lack of lower mounts?

I'm still working how to remove the damm barrier without using 4 hands though. My car is at the dealers getting another round of warranty niggles looked at. I've asked them to demonstrate removing the barrier when I pick up the car. It will be interesting to see.

Cheers
Steve

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score

As a side note wait until you have to replace the batteries on a Trialmaster. I don't think Battery World will honour the free fitting
Yes I was slightly surprised that the cargo barrier didn't meet Australian standards as well, But in my experience many manufacturer supplied barriers don't and if they do they are Australian sourced. With regard to trying to mount the barrier in the front do you mean that top barrier mounts won't fit into the forward top body slots or the lack of lower mounts?

I'm still working how to remove the damm barrier without using 4 hands though. My car is at the dealers getting another round of warranty niggles looked at. I've asked them to demonstrate removing the barrier when I pick up the car. It will be interesting to see.

Cheers
Steve
There is a demonstration somewhere either on the forum or FB on how to remove the barrier.
I was under no impression that the barrier would comply with ADRs, as there was no literature to state that it would

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Australian Standards are not compulsory, of themselves, sometimes laws can make them compulsory in some situations. In contrast the ADRs are compulsory. In my former life I had to deal with the Australian Standards from time to time.

The INEOS LED lightbar can only be used offload, so the lightbar says on it. That is probably how INEOS avoids linking it to the high beam.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cheers
Steve
Steve,
you may need to disassemble the spring loaded bolts* to remove the barrier ..that's the bad news!
The good news is that by cutting 1 1/2 coils from each spring and reassembling the bolts as per the attached post, you can then activate the bolts simply by pressing them with your thumbs. e.g. I can now install/remove the barrier in a couple of minutes.
*grip the bolts with pliers and unscrew the torx head
Check this post #17 https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/station-wagon-cargo-barrier.12410505/#post-1333218544
which explains "how"!
good luck with it

Back
Top Bottom