The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

YouTube video

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Agreed. Unlike most of what I’ve seen this wasn’t very polished, but quite authentic. I’m not discounting the other videos, but crappy music aside, this seemed to show the truck for real.

Last edited:

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Another video. Test drive by expedition portal in USA

This the best video I have seen so far.

Seemed real and honest with a practical demonstration of real world use.

I am looking forward to seeing more like this as it gets in the hands of more people who will do reviews/videos like this.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Great video ~ I'll need to watch it again but it did make progress look easy through the cross axle sections.

Perhaps a bit more wheel spinning on a couple of occasions with no obvious sign of traction control kicking in?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great review and technical driving. Agree with those who say these are the type of videos that are going to sell this vehicle!

Add to that its almost my spec driving round (mushroom on steelys and BFGs with RAI) its a great little video to enjoy on xmas eve!

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Great review and technical driving. Agree with those who say these are the type of videos that are going to sell this vehicle!

Add to that its almost my spec driving round (mushroom on steelys and BFGs with RAI) its a great little video to enjoy on xmas eve!
Finally, an article that even halfway shows the potential of the Grenadier. I wonder why Ineos hasn't shown this in a video before. Many critical videos about the Grenadier are thus exposed as incorrect. The Grenadier is the Defender, which mine should always be. But it never could be, due to its careless assembly. Glad that I will have the Grenadier soon.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier is the Defender, which mine should always be. But it never could be, due to its careless assembly.
Same here, if only they hadn't forgotten to fit the 3.0 litre engine, auto box and front & rear locking diffs. 😉

Local time
Reaction score
Great video ~ I'll need to watch it again but it did make progress look easy through the cross axle sections.

Perhaps a bit more wheel spinning on a couple of occasions with no obvious sign of traction control kicking in?
Did they have the diffs locked or was it mild TC???

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Once you engage the central lock or either axle locks the traction control is turned off.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand why traction control would be turned off if an axle locker was engaged but to do so for only the central diff lock just doesn't sound right. It's the perfect time for it operate, especially for those vehicles without axle diff locks.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Once you engage the central lock or either axle locks the traction control is turned off.
We know from the pages we saw from the Pocket Guide that ESC is disabled when the front and/or rear lockers are engaged, but have you got more info on ETC being disengaged (particularly with the centre diff locked)?

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand why traction control would be turned off if an axle locker was engaged but to do so for only the central diff lock just doesn't sound right. It's the perfect time for it operate, especially for those vehicles without axle diff locks.
I don't understand the engineering just recall hearing it in a video from an Ineos driver

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Traction Control? Sounds electronic to me, but there is nothing electronic like that, I guess? Did I miss something?

Or do you mean Traction Control by means of mechanically locking?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Traction Control? Sounds electronic to me, but there is nothing electronic like that, I guess? Did I miss something?

Or do you mean Traction Control by means of mechanically locking?
Yeah I guess he meant BLDTC brake locking diff traction control

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom