The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Video of underside inspection after trail ride

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting. Some good points on small things that could be improved, but overall positive comments. An unprotected, plastic (oil?) pan seems a bit risky?

View: https://youtu.be/SX5uhfGU3Uo?si=OSXeHhE-Un_7Sw-8

(No option for adding Video?)
I agree, when I saw the plastic oil pan bottom I was turned off, but when I had mine up on a lift you can appreciate how high and tucked up underneath the vehicle the pan really is. Not that its invulnerable, but you'd have a hard time damaging that part alone with conscientious driving and tire placement.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
I think that section of the frame has pre-tapped holes incorporated into it for the installation of underbody armoring
From memory, several sections do, as some of the PTO1 and PTO2 vehicles had a few different skid plates (under the diffs, and covering parts of the belly)... I'm sure someone has photos of these from the vehicles on the ramps at the PTO2 stops (as they rotated "positions" and some were definitely on ramps with skids)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
The SPP Industries protection looks really nice. What's stopping me pressing the button is knowing exactly what taxes are due when importing from Germany into Britain. I think I might start talking to the wife about the wonders of Germany. A ferry and road trip passing by SPP and Car & Audio. What a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom