The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remove door threshold protection

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Hello friends, someone has dismantled the plastics that protect the door thresholds. Do you know if they are press-fitted, with staples, or glued? I want to put an additional protection tape and I would prefer to do it under these so as not to have to cut. You tell me, thank you

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-22 a las 17.20.06.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-11-22 a las 17.19.28.png

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Hello friends, someone has dismantled the plastics that protect the door thresholds. Do you know if they are press-fitted, with staples, or glued? I want to put an additional protection tape and I would prefer to do it under these so as not to have to cut. You tell me, thank you

View attachment 7833464View attachment 7833465
I used 50mm (2") wide tape to protect the painted area between the tread and the edge of the sill and left the treads alone. They may not stick back down securely on top of sill tape.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7833464View attachment 7833465
The top picture is of my Trialmaster - you can see the bubbles in the protective tape I used (bought from Amazon). I hope an aftermarket company makes a larger plastic sill protector.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you both for responding, and sorry test teacher for using your image, I bought adhesive tape to protect the door threshold just like you have done, but the idea is to avoid having to cut out as seen in the image. your car, it would be to remove the plastic, put the protective tape (in my case transparent carbon fiber 10 cm wide) and once well glued and adjusted, put the plastic piece on top. Greetings

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I used 3m clear tape specified for door sills , cut it lengthwise to fit - abutting the plastic trim - but I removed the trim first with trim removal tools.
No glue , no bubbles

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used 3m clear tape specified for door sills , cut it lengthwise to fit - abutting the plastic trim - but I removed the trim first with trim removal tools.
No glue , no bubbles
Thank you for your response, then you confirm that the plastic piece can be removed without problems with panel removal tools, I had been told that they were stuck and could not be removed. Paco

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Thank you both for responding, and sorry test teacher for using your image, I bought adhesive tape to protect the door threshold just like you have done, but the idea is to avoid having to cut out as seen in the image. your car, it would be to remove the plastic, put the protective tape (in my case transparent carbon fiber 10 cm wide) and once well glued and adjusted, put the plastic piece on top. Greetings
I agree - sounds like a better solution. Let us know how you get on?

Back
Top Bottom