The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you considering or have you wrapped your Grenadier? If so, with what and why?

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
In europe it is around 7000€. I got 3 quotes in. All around the same. I decided not to wrap the car and let scratches happen. When i eventually sell the car one day i have 7000€ room for discounting because of scratched paint. We will see if my naive assumption pays off.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
In europe it is around 7000€. I got 3 quotes in. All around the same. I decided not to wrap the car and let scratches happen. When i eventually sell the car one day i have 7000€ room for discounting because of scratched paint. We will see if my naive assumption pays off.
Pay an Australian airfare and he/she'll do it for less. As long as you throw in a couple of beers!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Got mine this weekend, Donney Gray, and painted the tow hooks red. I was thinking about wrapping the roof white, since I had originally thought about Sela Green/white-roof, until my wife talked me out of it. The Donney gray is just so dark I’d like some contrast, but on the other hand the the gray with the black trim, black steelies is kind of imposing looking, especially with the height of the IG.
thoughts on wrapping the roof and the cost here in the US?

BVB

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Here's a pretty good video showing the benefits of a clear PPF protection: PPF Torture Test

At present, I'm thinking of going with Scottish White and wrapping the front and sides with with a clear protective wrap - something like Xpel's Armor wrap. I'm also thnking about blacking out the center part of the hood with something like Avery Dennison's rugged wrap or maybe something more durable and longer lasting like Line-X, but I would likely only do that after evaluating whether blacking it out is really necessry to reduce sun glare and/or glare from roof mounted lights. I also would likely add some sort of protection to the door sills, since it looks like they are not too well protected.

My biggest reservations are (1) cost, (2) the useful life of the product when exposed to sun as much as mine will be (probably outside 24/7), and (3) the potential damage to the underlying paint if it is not removed and replaced every X years.

At some price point, I might just have to convince myself that pinstripes add character and cred? 🤪
What happens when u peak this stuff off??
I have zero experience/ knowledge…Is the original paint perfect, after years of living under this stuff?!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I have zero experience/ knowledge…Is the original paint perfect, after years of living under this stuff?!
Hi BVB, I had my Blue Shale roof wrapped in Xpel 7.5 mil Clear Stealth Matte PPF recently. Comes with a 10 year manufactures warranty.
My wrap professional said they can remove it at 10 years without damage to the paint, other then needing a light buff. From all the research
I have done, this film is more than twice as thick as many vinyl wraps and lasts much longer, especially on horizontal surfaces where
it takes the most abuse from the sun and elements. It comes in clear, which has a glossy finish and stealth, which has a clear matte finish
and colors too. Might be something to consider. Here's a link to my review of my wrap. DaBull

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please bear with me while I waffle during this 30 day U.S. order window. Perhaps I'm not alone. I have been leaning Scottish White on my paint selection since I live in the Southern U.S. (Roll Tide!) and because trail pinstripes look better on lighter than darker colors. I'm enamored, however, with the idea of wrapping the vehicle with a custom color or at least some form of additional paint protection like clear Xpel Armor or Avery Denison Combat Green Rugged Wrap to further protect against pinstriping, rock chips, etc., but if I want to go with a color wrap, @ADVAW8S helpfully educated me that I should go with the Inky Black color for the Grenadier, because that would ensure the raised door hinges and the door sills, etc. are black. Otherwise, I would need to get those painted to make everything look clean. Totally makes sense, and I appreciate his guidance. If I went with black, I would need to decide whether to keep the roof black or incur the additional cost of a contrasting white roof.

Then, I get turned around by the fact that my Grenadier will be parked outside 24/7, which I understand is a death knell for the longevity of wraps. I also don't fancy the idea of dropping what could be several thousand dollars for a wrap every 3-4 years.

Anyone else internally debating this? Do you have past experience (good or bad) with wraps designed to prevent trail damage? What do you recommend for Grenadiers that will be driven hard on narrow trails. I welcome your thoughts!

This is what is possible with a clean wrap of an Inky Black Grenadier (if anyone can guess the wrap, go for it!):

View attachment 7814244
I have inky black going for a clear matte wrap next week, starts monday and will take a few days. It has a white roof. I havent decided if the roof is going to stay gloss yet or not. Happy to post pictures once its done.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is the answer to that is the quality vinyl you use going into it. I have a $300k plus lambo wrapped in matte so it better come off ok haha 🤣 🤔

Back
Top Bottom