The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you considering or have you wrapped your Grenadier? If so, with what and why?

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
I received my Grenadier on 12/14. It is donny grey and I was thinking of a matte PPF (STEK) so that the car would look like gunmetal grey. I though it would be a great look, but decided against it due the the $8,500 price tag. I decited to just get the front (front, hood, fenders, & A-pillar and headlights) wrapped in glossy PPF. That made more sense at $2,750. I also got film on the windshield and all of the windows tinted. Oh, I amost forgot that they are adding a red "A" on the hood and the small back door. I just think the accent looks good. I am suppose to pick it up tomorrow and I will post a picture. I am looking forward to getting my Grenadier back. It has been gone since Monday.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
I wonder how the plastic wrap will look in 5 or ten years? Kinda like tattoos that young people get will look when they're 70...
I recently peeled off some PPF from my motorcycle. It’s a 2015 and so is the PPF. IIRC, it was Expel satin

I pulled it off the tank. Without a heat gun, it would have been a bitch, but warming it up helped take it off. Along the edges there was a dirt line that was left along with the old adhesive. I bought a bottle of a PPF adhesive remover and it helped a lot with the old glue that was left behind…mostly along the edges.

The paint itself was perfect under the PPF. There was a spot on the tank I didn’t wrap and it definitely aged differently than the protected part. My suggestion is to wrap the entire piece vs. a section. Meaning instead of wrapping just the front edge of your hood, wrap the whole hood.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Kind of a cool look…kinda reminds of an up armored vehicle😜

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Someone needs to come out with a no drill Woody Kit to place along the lower sides including front fenders, doors and rear quarter panel.
It would be a surf overland adventurer vehicle. It will keep the bush pinstripes at bay too. Too bad magnetic won't work except for the rear quarter panel.
:cool:;)DaBull

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
I received my Grenadier on 12/14. It is donny grey and I was thinking of a matte PPF (STEK) so that the car would look like gunmetal grey. I though it would be a great look, but decided against it due the the $8,500 price tag. I decited to just get the front (front, hood, fenders, & A-pillar and headlights) wrapped in glossy PPF. That made more sense at $2,750. I also got film on the windshield and all of the windows tinted. Oh, I amost forgot that they are adding a red "A" on the hood and the small back door. I just think the accent looks good. I am suppose to pick it up tomorrow and I will post a picture. I am looking forward to getting my Grenadier back. It has been gone since Monday.
What is your impression of the STEK matte PPF? Are you happy with the results?

Can you share photos? And confirm what areas you ultimately wrapped?

I've got a Donny Grey in transit so very interested in your thoughts- thanks!

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What is your impression of the STEK matte PPF? Are you happy with the results?

Can you share photos? And confirm what areas you ultimately wrapped?

I've got a Donny Grey in transit so very interested in your thoughts- thanks!
Delphi, since you are in central Texas I wanted to pass along a recommendation for a wrap company. I used Austin Sign for my partial wrap, designed to mimic the toy model (in a custom burnt orange color). Yes, they are a sign company but very experienced- I used them to wrap my Sprinter van 7 years ago. Cost for my Gren wrap was less than $800.

Attachments

• 91B3EE84-218A-432C-919C-35B7E59BE534.jpeg
    91B3EE84-218A-432C-919C-35B7E59BE534.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 47
  • D6C5CBDF-1888-4521-8329-B01F328A193E.jpeg
    D6C5CBDF-1888-4521-8329-B01F328A193E.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 47

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had wrap on my Raptor, which was a necessity because of both how wide the actual body was and the fact it was black.

No wrap on this, plus it's white--hides the stripes a bit better than black.

Local time
Reaction score
Delphi, since you are in central Texas I wanted to pass along a recommendation for a wrap company. I used Austin Sign for my partial wrap, designed to mimic the toy model (in a custom burnt orange color). Yes, they are a sign company but very experienced- I used them to wrap my Sprinter van 7 years ago. Cost for my Gren wrap was less than $800.

Burnt orange looks slick! Go Horns- thanks!

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received one quote here in NoVA that was over $9k. I really like the idea of a matte black wrap on my Scottish white IG but can swallow the cost for it.

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s an expensive job in the video. In the US, I was quoted $8k USD for the whole truck and that doesn’t really include the level of the install in the video….i.e. extent of disassembly to wrap edges

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if I just missed it but did Ronny say the cost? I know Canny outdoors did a DIW bush wrapz version for around $1300 it just doesn’t cover the edges completely.
He had the whole vehcile wrapped , covering the edges. That is an expensive solution.
The Bushwrapz advanced kit version I used (sides , front of fenders , rearstep panel) was $1320 , plus $200 paint prep plus around $900 for a pro install which includes aftercare.
Very happy with the result.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
He had the whole vehcile wrapped , covering the edges. That is an expensive solution.
The Bushwrapz advanced kit version I used (sides , front of fenders , rearstep panel) was $1320 , plus $200 paint prep plus around $900 for a pro install which includes aftercare.
Very happy with the result.
Nice one, that’s good to know.
I’ve a feeling Ronny may have been given a freebie.

Back
Top Bottom