The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you considering or have you wrapped your Grenadier? If so, with what and why?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I have a Bushwraps kit, but I had the car ceramic coated before delivery and they tell me ir probably won’t stick, so in a bit of a dilemma on that.
I was wondering about that, that's disappointing

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a Bushwraps kit, but I had the car ceramic coated before delivery and they tell me ir probably won’t stick, so in a bit of a dilemma on that.
I don't have ceramic coating, but have used products with "ceramic technology" so assume this will be removed prior and won't affect adhesion. I will ask the question!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I don't have ceramic coating, but have used products with "ceramic technology" so assume this will be removed prior
What sort of acid/alkali magic dip do they use for this?

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What sort of acid/alkali magic dip do they use for this?
Unsure. Given it’s not a ceramic coating rather “ceramic technology” (read into that as you will) and that it’s given a short life before reapplication is required (as it says on the bottle), then maybe it’s not such a drama. I’ll ask.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Reactions: Cam
Local time
Reaction score
Please bear with me while I waffle during this 30 day U.S. order window. Perhaps I'm not alone. I have been leaning Scottish White on my paint selection since I live in the Southern U.S. (Roll Tide!) and because trail pinstripes look better on lighter than darker colors. I'm enamored, however, with the idea of wrapping the vehicle with a custom color or at least some form of additional paint protection like clear Xpel Armor or Avery Denison Combat Green Rugged Wrap to further protect against pinstriping, rock chips, etc., but if I want to go with a color wrap, @ADVAW8S helpfully educated me that I should go with the Inky Black color for the Grenadier, because that would ensure the raised door hinges and the door sills, etc. are black. Otherwise, I would need to get those painted to make everything look clean. Totally makes sense, and I appreciate his guidance. If I went with black, I would need to decide whether to keep the roof black or incur the additional cost of a contrasting white roof.

Then, I get turned around by the fact that my Grenadier will be parked outside 24/7, which I understand is a death knell for the longevity of wraps. I also don't fancy the idea of dropping what could be several thousand dollars for a wrap every 3-4 years.

Anyone else internally debating this? Do you have past experience (good or bad) with wraps designed to prevent trail damage? What do you recommend for Grenadiers that will be driven hard on narrow trails. I welcome your thoughts!

This is what is possible with a clean wrap of an Inky Black Grenadier (if anyone can guess the wrap, go for it!):

View attachment 7814244
3m military green matt

Attachments

• IMG_9193.jpeg
    IMG_9193.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 56

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Please bear with me while I waffle during this 30 day U.S. order window. Perhaps I'm not alone. I have been leaning Scottish White on my paint selection since I live in the Southern U.S. (Roll Tide!) and because trail pinstripes look better on lighter than darker colors. I'm enamored, however, with the idea of wrapping the vehicle with a custom color or at least some form of additional paint protection like clear Xpel Armor or Avery Denison Combat Green Rugged Wrap to further protect against pinstriping, rock chips, etc., but if I want to go with a color wrap, @ADVAW8S helpfully educated me that I should go with the Inky Black color for the Grenadier, because that would ensure the raised door hinges and the door sills, etc. are black. Otherwise, I would need to get those painted to make everything look clean. Totally makes sense, and I appreciate his guidance. If I went with black, I would need to decide whether to keep the roof black or incur the additional cost of a contrasting white roof.

Then, I get turned around by the fact that my Grenadier will be parked outside 24/7, which I understand is a death knell for the longevity of wraps. I also don't fancy the idea of dropping what could be several thousand dollars for a wrap every 3-4 years.

Anyone else internally debating this? Do you have past experience (good or bad) with wraps designed to prevent trail damage? What do you recommend for Grenadiers that will be driven hard on narrow trails. I welcome your thoughts!

This is what is possible with a clean wrap of an Inky Black Grenadier (if anyone can guess the wrap, go for it!):

View attachment 7814244
Hello, Just came across this post, so what did you decide on? did you get the wrap done? I am getting delivery of my Grenadier next week, Scottish White as well. I am planning a Matte Blue/White pearlescent wrap (attached a photo of the color). Main reason being that i want my Grenadier to look different, plus a similar base color will be good when I open the doors and there it is white as well. Will avoid doing the roof as it is white. Well that is the plan! Will post photo once completed.

Attachments

• kpmf matte blue pearlescent.jpg
    kpmf matte blue pearlescent.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 42

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, Just came across this post, so what did you decide on? did you get the wrap done? I am getting delivery of my Grenadier next week, Scottish White as well. I am planning a Matte Blue/White pearlescent wrap (attached a photo of the color). Main reason being that i want my Grenadier to look different, plus a similar base color will be good when I open the doors and there it is white as well. Will avoid doing the roof as it is white. Well that is the plan! Will post photo once completed.
Do you have an estimate on cost for this wrap? I was given a number of between $8K-$10K. Not worth that much to me, but I do love the look.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Do you have an estimate on cost for this wrap? I was given a number of between $8K-$10K. Not worth that much to me, but I do love the look.
People are wrapping their cars so much that wrappers have jacked up the prices. The average wrap last 4 to 6 years. At 10k, you could get it painted for less cost and have them put on a super thick clear coat. Yea it won't be self healing but you could get car painted twice for 10k.

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
The Material comes in a 25 meter roll in US$1500 The wrapper will charge another $1800, this is in Dubai. KPMF materials have a 5 year warranty for cast and i have seen them last that long even in this heat. Can't say the same for many other brands. From experience i keep a couple of meters or more of the material on hand , incase of some mishap in the future!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I might seriously go for that at $3,200 - but here it's more like 6-7 grand.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I won't receive my Grenadier until February at the earliest. So, I am still in the wait and see contemplating mode. I will probably end up going with a clear Xpel protective wrap in the most scratch susceptible areas.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Resurrecting this as I get closer to delivery (2 weeks). Is the Bushwrapz kit inclusive of the front? Their pics don't show this section. OR, any shared info from folks who wrapped their trucks stateside?

Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier - Mellow Mushroom - from the Portland/Wilsonville dealership on 12/27 drove it home, then my next journey on 12/30 was to drop it off at Cleancut Auto Shield in Portland for paint protection. It was their first introduction to the vehicle and pictures will be on their web site if a few days. It took over a week and I collected it today 1/10. It looks and feels amazing - so smooth.

Why do it? I want to give the paint a chance given the large surface area, with inevitable rock chips, contact with bushes and branches, birds and insects, etc., to increase the UV protection, and to make cleaning easier.

What protection? PPF film on everything except the roof, and ceramic coating on top of PPF film and everything else - roof, windows, wheels, ladder, bumpers, lights, tire side walls, etc. (he even got underneath and did the bash plates).

Warranty? 10 years.

His comments to me were:
  • It's a project! Large vehicle and numerous items to take off and reinstall (air intake, side tracks, wheel mount, etc.)
  • Because of all the nooks and crannies, unless the PPF is applied when new you will never get the same quality partially because it will not be possible to eliminate all dirt, so PPF edges will have tend to have visible sections.
  • Silver and dark colors have a tendency to fade, the PFF will help to reduce the effects of UV and make those colors hold up longer,
  • Never ever take it through a car wash.
  • He measured the paint thickness and was impressed - 185 microns. This compares to about 120 microns typical for a Tesla and perhaps less on other vehicles. I know some people have made comments about the perceived quality of the paint.
  • The Ineos emblem on the hood was barely attached!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Resurrecting this as I get closer to delivery (2 weeks). Is the Bushwrapz kit inclusive of the front? Their pics don't show this section. OR, any shared info from folks who wrapped their trucks stateside?
The kit does the sides , the curved pieces above the headlights but not the bonnet or rear door. Just the bit behind the ladder where your boot hits.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier - Mellow Mushroom - from the Portland/Wilsonville dealership on 12/27 drove it home, then my next journey on 12/30 was to drop it off at Cleancut Auto Shield in Portland for paint protection. It was their first introduction to the vehicle and pictures will be on their web site if a few days. It took over a week and I collected it today 1/10. It looks and feels amazing - so smooth.

Why do it? I want to give the paint a chance given the large surface area, with inevitable rock chips, contact with bushes and branches, birds and insects, etc., to increase the UV protection, and to make cleaning easier.

What protection? PPF film on everything except the roof, and ceramic coating on top of PPF film and everything else - roof, windows, wheels, ladder, bumpers, lights, tire side walls, etc. (he even got underneath and did the bash plates).

Warranty? 10 years.

His comments to me were:
  • It's a project! Large vehicle and numerous items to take off and reinstall (air intake, side tracks, wheel mount, etc.)
  • Because of all the nooks and crannies, unless the PPF is applied when new you will never get the same quality partially because it will not be possible to eliminate all dirt, so PPF edges will have tend to have visible sections.
  • Silver and dark colors have a tendency to fade, the PFF will help to reduce the effects of UV and make those colors hold up longer,
  • He measured the paint thickness and was impressed - 185 microns. This compares to about 120 microns typical for a Tesla and perhaps less on other vehicles. I know some people have made comments about the perceived quality of the paint.
These insight is really helpful. Did you do the windshield? Approx cost? I'm working on quotes near me but nobody has seen one so it is kind of wide open...

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Warranty? 10 years.

His comments to me were:
@MombasaRoger - I’m think of the exact same approach for mine (PPF everything, except roof + ceramic). If you don’t mind me asking, what was the ballpark price for the work? I’m up in Seattle so figure this is a good comp for me.

Back
Top Bottom