The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you considering or have you wrapped your Grenadier? If so, with what and why?

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Although Raptor is more/less permanent, it is easy to touch up if it’s ever needed. I had LineX on the fender flares, wheel wells, bed, lower rear quarter panels, and bumper on my Ford Raptor and they still looked the same as when new 5yrs later. Raptor is marketed as the DIY equivalent to LineX, which requires a LineX shop to spray and bake

When I got my ND, I told my wife it looked too pretty with all the gloss black and told her I was thinking about Raptor spraying all the black😂😂….she threatened to divorce me for being stupid if I went through with it, haha!!
Uhmm so million dollar question when does the gloss black raptor paint arrive ? ;)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
It seems between 850 and a 1000 aussie dollars if you do it your self:
View attachment 7830260
You have to scuff up the paint for this to adhere properly, so in essence you are ruining a fine paint surface to apply another textured surface. It does need maintenance from time to time because it is a semi soft polymer. I considered it for my camper, just haven't gotten around to ordering it.

Local time
Reaction score
I have asked re Rhino hide etc an they aren't interested due to the low sales volume
That is a shame to hear but who knows maybe if there will be enough demand in the future to have them look into it again

Local time
Reaction score
You have to scuff up the paint for this to adhere properly, so in essence you are ruining a fine paint surface to apply another textured surface. It does need maintenance from time to time because it is a semi soft polymer. I considered it for my camper, just haven't gotten around to ordering it.
Ahh oke didn't know that you have to scuff up the original paint before applying Raptor, might prefer to have it been done then haha

Ed I

Production/Transit
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Bushwraps have a dyi kit for the Grenadier & Purnell Blakehurst are doing a full PPE film in clear or clear satin for 8k.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
That’s true but regardless of scuffing or not, the OEM paint is non-recoverable once the Raptor coating is applied. It’s not meant to be a reversible option.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s true but regardless of scuffing or not, the OEM paint is non-recoverable once the Raptor coating is applied. It’s not meant to be a reversible option.
That is correct

David Czarnecki

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote that long post and failed to mention my plan. I’ve ordered magic mushroom with contrast black roof and fender plates. I liked the prototype vehicles with the rear door contrast color and the nose dipped in paint look.
I think I’ll go with a “stealth” wrap to give a matte finish overall, but have a few ideas for “ghosting” some decals and branding under the stealth wrap.
Same idea here with the same color.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
the Grenadier is flat no crazy angles I think 2 people and a few beers could do this after a few youtube videos in a weekend for about 400.00 USD

Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Geez, I remember in 2006 when I bought my H1 and had it PPF'ed I had the hood and the sides/back up to the bottoms of my windows.
1300 bucks.
Same with an H2. 800 bucks.
My Vipers, hood, front, rockers, behind the tires. 450 bucks.
Now its several thousands.
Why?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now its several thousands.
Why?
God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
My choice of colour is the Magic Mushroom.
I intend to use mine primarily as an overlanding platform, traveling into remote areas where tracks are often heavily overgrown.
To cover it in a protective wrapping it essential imo.
I particularly like this clear matte finish which apparently has self-healing qualities when you scratch it!
A soft heating of the damaged film, I'm told is enough to mend any damage (within reason of course)

View: https://youtu.be/_F_vvq8Alpc?si=SLMjXsL0jb4QE3ND

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.24.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.24.42 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.26.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.26.34 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.25.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.25.40 PM.png
    982.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 52

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I intend to use mine primarily as an overlanding platform, traveling into remote areas where tracks are often heavily overgrown.
I particularly like this clear matte finish which apparently has self-healing qualities when you scratch it!
A soft heating of the damaged film, I'm told is enough to mend any damage (within reason of course)

H David - welcome to the forum!

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would in theory like to clear wrap mine to protect it from bush damage. But for a vehicle this size it’s about $8k AUD if they have a template available for the vehicle and about $12k if they don’t, and they don’t. So I am doing a self healing ceramic coating for about $1800 it won’t give the same amount of protection but will help.
You can purchase the Bush Wrapz product (clear PPF) for $600 as a DIY kit. or about $1700 installed. That's not the full wrap, but the 'advanced' kit which covers side sides and has a few mm gap around the edges. I think it's worth doing as a replaceable option every few years.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
You can purchase the Bush Wrapz product (clear PPF) for $600 as a DIY kit. or about $1700 installed. That's not the full wrap, but the 'advanced' kit which covers side sides and has a few mm gap around the edges. I think it's worth doing as a replaceable option every few years.
I have a Bushwraps kit, but I had the car ceramic coated before delivery and they tell me ir probably won’t stick, so in a bit of a dilemma on that.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Looks awesome 👌 what wa the cost? If you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom