The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side Protection Bars - Installation Questions

DeepH20

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got my hands on a pair of the side protection bars (I'll refer to them as the bars) that mount onto the bull bar and the rock sliders. To be clear I have already installed the bull bar and rock sliders... no problems. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

On the rock slider end of the bars, there is some black tape almost like duct tape covering a hole on the end surface. I assume the hole is for drainage - maybe? - but not certain. Does anyone know if the tape is supposed to stay in place or be removed? I would normally assume removed but thought I would ask.

Second question, the clamps used to attach the bars to the bull bar have a rubber lining where they contact the bull bar. For anyone who has done the installation... did you remove the rubber lining or leave it in place?

I have searched all over the place and have not been able to find any videos or comments from anyone related to this installation. Any help is appreciated. It's super simple... just not sure what to do with the nits.

Attachments

• IMG_7245.jpg
    IMG_7245.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7246.jpg
    IMG_7246.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7247.jpg
    IMG_7247.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got my hands on a pair of the side protection bars (I'll refer to them as the bars) that mount onto the bull bar and the rock sliders. To be clear I have already installed the bull bar and rock sliders... no problems. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

On the rock slider end of the bars, there is some black tape almost like duct tape covering a hole on the end surface. I assume the hole is for drainage - maybe? - but not certain. Does anyone know if the tape is supposed to stay in place or be removed? I would normally assume removed but thought I would ask.

Second question, the clamps used to attach the bars to the bull bar have a rubber lining where they contact the bull bar. For anyone who has done the installation... did you remove the rubber lining or leave it in place?

I have searched all over the place and have not been able to find any videos or comments from anyone related to this installation. Any help is appreciated. It's super simple... just not sure what to do with the nits.
Hi DeepH20: ,

I just checked mine, the rubber lining stays on the brush bar clamps, there is no duct tape to be found anywhere on my rock sliders or brush bars, I had a thorough look, I hope that helps.

Steve.

DeepH20

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
very helpful thank you. That's what I assumed but the fit at the bull bar is not as exact as I was expecting.

The black tape is on the very end of the bar and if installed probably wouldn't be visible as it's sandwiched between the end of the bar and the plate that connects it to the rock sliders. If I understood the purpose of the hole on the end (pictured) - also not visible once installed - I could make a decision. Both bars have the tape, which is highly adhesive, covering the hole. I'm 99% certain the tape goes away but the hole has me stumped. I'm guessing it could be needed as part of fabrication. Seems like an entry point for water when wading. Not lost on me that I'm overthinking it.

Hi DeepH20: ,

I just checked mine, the rubber lining stays on the brush bar clamps, there is no duct tape to be found anywhere on my rock sliders or brush bars, I had a thorough look, I hope that helps.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom