The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Install Second Door Lock Switch

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Wonder if it is possible to add a second door lock switch to the passenger front door? There is a s slot for it but I do not know if there are wiring for quick plug & play. If you have opened the passenger front door panel, can you tell us if there is extra wire for door switch? Thank you

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the same thing. Big oversight on Ineos' part. When I'm at the grocery and my wife stays in the car and for any reason she needs to lock it, she has to reach across to the driver's side door. I don't know what you'd do with kids in the same situation. Dumb design.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the same thing. Big oversight on Ineos' part. When I'm at the grocery and my wife stays in the car and for any reason she needs to lock it, she has to reach across to the driver's side door. I don't know what you'd do with kids in the same situation. Dumb design.
This is how European vehicles normally come. Only in the US does one get switches on all sides. Question, why n giver her the key fob and she can press the lock button if she is nervous? Do the doors lock when you get over a set speed? Then one person exits, then she can reach over and lock the door straight away. I remember back in day, when the passenger would reach over and unlock the drivers door so the driver could get in.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Every single one of my European cars have lock buttons on the passenger side. Well I will say my Porsche 993 only has one lock button on the console.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Going from memory here, B5/C5 (and older) Audis were a single lock/unlock switch, in virtually the same spot as the Grenadier... Perhaps the B6/C6 as well?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Every single one of my European cars have lock buttons on the passenger side. Well I will say my Porsche 993 only has one lock button on the console.
You will find cars for America will have the switch added to appease the US customer.

Back
Top Bottom