The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Rear fuel filter on diesel – Australian spec INEOS

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
When I get my car next month, I hope to get a better image of the rear fuel/water separator.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AU SPEC DIESEL – REAR FUEL FILTER IS THE ONE TO CHANGE
This AU Spec Diesel is fitted with two fuel filters. The water/fuel separator down near the fuel tank (passenger side rear wheel arch) and a second fuel filter up under the rear passenger (RHD vehicle).

Speaking to the Service Manager today at Purnell Adventure he said INEOS Australia recommended replacing the filter in the rear water/fuel separator. The front filter does not normally need to be changed (there must a need at some time?).

The rear fuel filter cost was AUD71.40 plus GST.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
REAR FUEL FILTER PART NUMBER (water fuel separator on AU spec diesels)
Water Separator Filter Part No: GRA3E12019770

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rear INEOS water/fuel separator is slowly giving up its secrets. What the INEOS Configurator describes as the Diesel water separator.

It uses a “paper filter” (probably a Cellulose/Synthetic Blend) with INEOS Part No: GRA-3E12-019770. It is made in China. INEOS is the only name appearing on the packaging and both labels.

There are two other numbers on the box 11 00 1007 0321TZ and EI-00000119533. I could find nothing searching on all three numbers. I was hoping to find the OEM manufacturer. Fail.

The underlying label says filter expiry October 2024, the filter was made on 17 October 2022.

The fuel filter looks like this (the filter is in a plastic wrapper):

Filter DxO - 0003.jpg
Filter DxO - 0004.jpg

It comes with an O-ring for the filter case.

I spoke to the Service Manager about how to change the filter, apparently you need to disconnect both sets of wires (top and bottom of the filter case), disconnect the fuel lines in and out of the top of the filter case. Then undo the two bolts and take the casing off and change the filter. No simple task.

I still cannot get a decent image of the filter case but you see the two bolts on the top left of picture. I think the filter cap maybe the bottom of the case (what you see in the image below).

Filter DxO - 0005.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your hard work @TheDocAUS !
Memo for off-road tool kit: include two water/fuel/brake hose clamps to enable fuel filter change.... ;)
When I was under the car today, I could not work out how to remove the fuel hoses, there must be some trick. I asked the Service Manager for INEOS' instructions. :ROFLMAO:

The Service Manager did get under the car and take me through the steps. Thank you Nathan at Purnell Adventure.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
When I was under the car today, I could not work out how to remove the fuel hoses, there must be some trick. I asked the Service Manager for INEOS' instructions. :ROFLMAO:

The Service Manager did get under the car and take me through the steps. Thank you Nathan at Purnell Adventure.
I will be asking for a written work instruction for this and replacing the serpentine belt when I take the car in next week to get some little warranty issues attended to. Bought the filter and Serpentine belt a couple for the spares kit, the day I got the car.

cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom