The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pretty Waterfall from the front door seals

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not sure whether this has been posted already so apologies if it has.

My Grenadier and I understand it is a common problem at present - with no upgrade or fix coming from Ineos according to the dealer, is the pretty water fall feature that occurs when it rains with the rain getting trapped between the 2 driver's door seals they are not sure of the cause - it may be something to do with the safari windows or just the outer door seal.

At first it was a funny idiosyncrasy but after a while it just got annoying!

I spoke to the dealer and they said that cutting a small hole in the seal at the bottom would solve the issue until such time as there is a fix/upgrade, not recommended if you do a lot of wading probably though, I tried it and it worked! See below picture of the cut that I made towards the front of the door seal, it involved cutting the bump off the seal leaving the door part intact (all the way through and the seal would fall off!)

Result no more pretty waterfalls when it's wet!

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 334

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
with no upgrade or fix coming from Ineos according to the dealer
That's untrue.

My car had to wait at the agent to get all the little things sorted out and one of the reasons for this was the updated door seals replaced by INEOS.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My Grenadier and I understand it is a common problem at present - with no upgrade or fix coming from Ineos according to the dealer, is the pretty water fall feature that occurs when it rains with the rain getting trapped between the 2 driver's door seals they are not sure of the cause - it may be something to do with the safari windows or just the outer door seal.

I spoke to the dealer and they said that cutting a small hole in the seal at the bottom would solve the issue until such time as there is a fix/upgrade, not recommended if you do a lot of wading probably though, I tried it and it worked! See below picture of the cut that I made towards the front of the door seal, it involved cutting the bump off the seal leaving the door part intact (all the way through and the seal would fall off!)

Have a look here:

In my opinion cutting away the seal is not a solution. I inserted a small hoese (4mm outer diameter) in the door seals gap. This has been a trick someone from UK posted here in the forum. works like a charm, does not destroy anything and costs only 5 €.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
But keep in mind that your agent may simply not know. 🤷‍♂️

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look here:

In my opinion cutting away the seal is not a solution. I inserted a small hoese (4mm outer diameter) in the door seals gap. This has been a trick someone from UK posted here in the forum. works like a charm, does not destroy anything and costs only 5 €.
Yep I did this. Works well for the moment but I have asked dealer to sort it out properly when I get the software (next week, I hope!). Still get some water occasionally though.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I still have this issue and the dealer believes they have a solution but it requires them to have the outer door seals in stock - out of stock with Ineos Automotive at the moment. If the seals are installed correctly, it is not an issue.

Reactions: PBD

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still have this issue and the dealer believes they have a solution but it requires them to have the outer door seals in stock - out of stock with Ineos Automotive at the moment. If the seals are installed correctly, it is not an issue.
My dealer just called me on Thursday to say they have the seals and I'm going in to have them fitted next week. I'll let you know the result

Andy Cooke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer just called me on Thursday to say they have the seals and I'm going in to have them fitted next week. I'll let you know the result
Did this fix the waterfall? we have 4 that are all doing it

Attachments

• Splash.png
    Splash.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 209

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did this fix the waterfall? we have 4 that are all doing it
This Wednesday. Though oddly enough I've not had the waterfall for weeks now. Not since it went in for the software update and they said they had looked at the seals. So maybe they adjusted them? No idea! But in any event it goes in for the seals this week.

Local time
Reaction score
If you have the waterfall please check the interior for water ingress as it can fill the "sills" have had to release gallons of water from the sill and dry out the interior drivers footwell.
You can tell if you have water in the sill as it sounds like you are driving a Milk Tanker. as the water swashes around .

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This Wednesday. Though oddly enough I've not had the waterfall for weeks now. Not since it went in for the software update and they said they had looked at the seals. So maybe they adjusted them? No idea! But in any event it goes in for the seals this week.
Ah, i had the same said i had the waterfall issue, they said they would fix, checked afterwards and they did the 'hack out a chunk of the seal' fix as posted above, not happy they didnt explain this or mention they would be getting a seal fix to replace.

Local time
Reaction score
The fix is to replace the whole seal not hack a hole in it also check sill for water as they fill up as well as floor area

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, i had the same said i had the waterfall issue, they said they would fix, checked afterwards and they did the 'hack out a chunk of the seal' fix as posted above, not happy they didnt explain this or mention they would be getting a seal fix to replace.
They said the replacement seals they ordered had arrived. So if its just a hack then yes not good. But I will question them vigorously tomorrow...

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
See below picture of the cut that I made towards the front of the door seal, it involved cutting the bump off the seal leaving the door part intact (all the way through and the seal would fall off!)
That "fix", IMHO, should severly impair wading performance.
Wonder what the INEOS "solution" will look like. Must somehow include a one-way vent that allows water to drain but not to enter, or am I totally wrong?

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently they have the "wrong" sort of glue... so it didn't get done.

That being said I have no leaks now despite the torrential rain at the moment.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Must be a pretty sight at night with the puddle lamps on 😁
btw I fixed my persistent sunroof leak.

Andy Cooke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Guys

We have now cut all 4 Grenadier rubbers and it has cured the issue.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Get your dealer to replace it’s a warranty item
This is my advice also. Cut it on your own at your risk! Been very wet here is SEQLD this week - who needs to go to Springbrook for waterfall when your truck can give you the same.

Back
Top Bottom