The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front drive shaft broken

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
See original post above for updates
Great result... and thank you for the update (y)
As a matter of interest : Were you able to drive from Corinna to Launceston with the CDL activated towing the van or was it a (double) tray back recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Outlander

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great result... and thank you for the update (y)
As a matter of interest : Were you able to drive from Corinna to Launceston with the CDL activated towing the van or was it a (double) tray back recovery?
It was a tow job, it may have been possible to remove the drive shaft and drive, but I don't know if this would have caused more damage and/or void warranty. Also there was a section of the drive that was a dirt road that may have allowed dust to enter??? If there was an emergency I would had removed it but not required in this case.

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Looking at the photos there could be two reason for that type of CV jointed drive shaft to fail like it has. The circlip has not been seated in the grove correctly at assembly or the splined slip joint on the drive shaft does not have free enough movement placing excessive load on the circlip when the shaft extends with suspension movement.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if "the flying spanners" could be activated? A call to Ineos Melbourne HQ might be warranted ( if you can find the elusive phone number... 😉 )
1800 819 605. What is interesting is I had an engine alert light on and rang my agent, he asked where I was and checked his agent map to find the closest in the Central Coast NSW which happened to be Port Macquarie. He asked how it was driving and it was fine no silly noises or smells, shutters or the like. I asked what would happen if I rang roadside assist, and he said they would send a flatbed tow truck and the driver would take it to the agent at Port. I drove there on my way home back to Sunshine Coast Qld and they turned it off...funny that ;)

At the end of the day, it had something to do with the adblue alert sending out signals that it shouldn't and is to be fixed in a software update

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How is that propshaft removed?
Undo the torx bits?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1800 819 605. What is interesting is I had an engine alert light on and rang my agent, he asked where I was and checked his agent map to find the closest in the Central Coast NSW which happened to be Port Macquarie. He asked how it was driving and it was fine no silly noises or smells, shutters or the like. I asked what would happen if I rang roadside assist, and he said they would send a flatbed tow truck and the driver would take it to the agent at Port. I drove there on my way home back to Sunshine Coast Qld and they turned it off...funny that ;)

At the end of the day, it had something to do with the adblue alert sending out signals that it shouldn't and is to be fixed in a software update
Ah Ha! so the Ineos Roadside Assist number above is also the IA HQ in Melbourne?
Thanks Max for the 'heads up' on the AdBlue sensor.(y)

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Ah Ha! so the Ineos Roadside Assist number above is also the IA HQ in Melbourne?
Thanks Max for the 'heads up' on the AdBlue sensor.(y)
I just checked and that number is attached to the roadside assistance paperwork...no flying spanners just a truck to take you to the spanners :D

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
For those who do their own work, modifications or break things that void warranty and are looking for alternative spare parts solutions outside of Ineos the Rzeppa CV joints used in the drive shaft looks to be identical to the ones used by Jeep. TerraFlex sells a high angle aftermarket alternatives. Spicer is known to keep to standard sizes for universal joints and drive shaft couplings that are supplied to the aftermarket and OEMs. Photo from the Dana Aftermarket. Spicer CV joint drive shaft parts.png

Back
Top Bottom