The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pretty Waterfall from the front door seals

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
If you have the waterfall please check the interior for water ingress as it can fill the "sills" have had to release gallons of water from the sill and dry out the interior drivers footwell.
You can tell if you have water in the sill as it sounds like you are driving a Milk Tanker. as the water swashes around .
I have this sloshing around. The door seals were changed even though I didnt have the waterfall but did have water in the footwell from day 1. Once new seals fitted I had the waterfall so dealer told me to cut the holes in them pending .....

I still have loads of water tracking down the door pillar area despite safari roof drains being modified.

I am trying with little sucess to escalate within IA. I have threatened to reject the vehicle as unfit for sale.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
I have this sloshing around. The door seals were changed even though I didnt have the waterfall but did have water in the footwell from day 1. Once new seals fitted I had the waterfall so dealer told me to cut the holes in them pending .....

I still have loads of water tracking down the door pillar area despite safari roof drains being modified.

I am trying with little sucess to escalate within IA. I have threatened to reject the vehicle as unfit for sale.
The water which traverses down the pillar is a problem at present - as it does two things.
1. Water goes into lower door seal to create wet feet syndrome.
2. Water that is already sitting between the horizontal upper door seal, through to pillar, all cascades directly on to your door's armrest control switch panel (windows/lock/unlock etc) and IN TO the footwell space. The amount of water depends on if how hard it is raining and and how often you need to get in and out of the vehicle.

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
The Grenadier Waterfall:
I trust the team at my dealership in Sydney, Purnell. They have been great in answering my dumb questions, and I am but one of the 100s vehicles they deliver. Yes, I also know the rain issue. We have those waterfalls daily when it rains - but I believe the techs, service people, and INEOS will be on the case.
I have faith, as 99% of my Grenadier is OK. The software and stuff... Yeah!!! It will be fixed eventually, and I still have half a brain, so I know where I am going anyway.

My biggest issue was the tyre choice and what car builders know about real-world conditions. At the moment, I am out in the wilds of South Australia. We have had several days of 40-degree-plus temperatures, and the asphalt - yes, the asphalt, NOT gravel was impossible to walk on. The Bridgestone Duellers, which we thought would be OK as 90+% of my time is on the highway - well, one tyre failed... hero to zero in seconds ... on the back left... Do I scream at INEOS... Nope... It was as hot as hell. Tyres fail... We all know that.

Those of us with delivered Grenadiers are all pretty early adopters - we had faith then, and I say 'retain that faith...'
We have what seem to be brilliant vehicles. My co-driver also loves it, and she is hard to impress. My son, aged 39, has already said he wants it.

I suggest we keep things reasonably close to the original specs, allowing INEOS and Dealerships/Service people to learn for the betterment of us all... Sure, we will need to fix basic stuff... In my case, I will biff the Duellers - we all had options of other tyres.

We started this for adventures. Think of future buyers learning from the wonderful things we are getting up to in our Grenadiers...

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I’ve seen on one of my doors.

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but the issue is the adhesive sticking the seal to the door coming away.

As the rain runs down the B pillar it leaks though the outer seal into the space between the inner and outer seal at about door handle level. It then runs down and is trapped where the bottom seal mates nicely at the bottom of the door.

I’d check that your seal is adhering all the way around the door. Failing this put some Vaseline on the seal, close the door then check that is mating all around the door. Here are 2 photos showing the location and gap on one of my doors.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve seen on one of my doors.

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but the issue is the adhesive sticking the seal to the door coming away.

As the rain runs down the B pillar it leaks though the outer seal into the space between the inner and outer seal at about door handle level. It then runs down and is trapped where the bottom seal mates nicely at the bottom of the door.

I’d check that your seal is adhering all the way around the door. Failing this put some Vaseline on the seal, close the door then check that is mating all around the door. Here are 2 photos showing the location and gap on one of my doors.

Attachments

• IMG_7621.jpeg
    IMG_7621.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Great my dealer has not been telling me the truth as they said there was no fix at present

Thanks for the heads up
This is typical of the current problem with Ineos and their dealers - they are not taking seriously the problems that their customers have to deal with. Also - I cannot believe that they can have done any serious beta testing of their product. Any reasonable testing phase would have shown up these issues. Or maybe Ineos did test - and then ignored the problems - in the same way as they now ignore their customers.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This is typical of the current problem with Ineos and their dealers - they are not taking seriously the problems that their customers have to deal with. Also - I cannot believe that they can have done any serious beta testing of their product. Any reasonable testing phase would have shown up these issues. Or maybe Ineos did test - and then ignored the problems - in the same way as they now ignore their customers.
I think there are a couple of issues and it’s based around the Company structure and focus.

1. It’s a new automotive business. They are still busy opening up new sectors like the US which will the lion share of focus due to market share. They already have your money!

2. The home office, Hambach, “helpdesk”, regional offices , and partners communication is average at best - from what I’ve encountered. All seem to have their own focus areas and is poorly coordinated.

3. RHD issues I reckon will take a back seat due to us being a serious minority in the market compared the LHD markets. Which is probably why the floor issue was ignored from prototype feedback.

4. Roll out modifications are not trivial and will depend upon the seriousness of the issue. Then you need to inject into the build program and provide to existing users - all takes time for an organisation that hasn’t done it before.

Have no doubt they will redesign the outer door seal - probably needs more length or better shape so it’s not pulling at the adhesive as it snakes down the front of the door panel

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
With the door seals. Are people noticing a difference between the doors that are very tight to close (no waterfall) and the ones that are easy (waterfall) ?

Clutching at straws I know. But still optimistic:)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I had the waterfall; I don't now.

3 of my external seals were replaced by my dealer under warranty. The dealer said that it was just the need to do it properly on a clean door. Ineos Automotive have issued a dealer update and the build process has been modified.

Icgreen3

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not sure whether this has been posted already so apologies if it has.

My Grenadier and I understand it is a common problem at present - with no upgrade or fix coming from Ineos according to the dealer, is the pretty water fall feature that occurs when it rains with the rain getting trapped between the 2 driver's door seals they are not sure of the cause - it may be something to do with the safari windows or just the outer door seal.

At first it was a funny idiosyncrasy but after a while it just got annoying!

I spoke to the dealer and they said that cutting a small hole in the seal at the bottom would solve the issue until such time as there is a fix/upgrade, not recommended if you do a lot of wading probably though, I tried it and it worked! See below picture of the cut that I made towards the front of the door seal, it involved cutting the bump off the seal leaving the door part intact (all the way through and the seal would fall off!)

Result no more pretty waterfalls when it's wet!
Thinking strongly of buying one of these used to own a range rover 95 and the same issued happened and it drove me crazy. Have your water problems been solved or should I stay away? Thanks for a thorough review.

Icgreen3

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
That's untrue.

My car had to wait at the agent to get all the little things sorted out and one of the reasons for this was the updated door seals replaced by INEOS.
Thinking of buying one of these have you had water intrusion problems? Thank you.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking strongly of buying one of these used to own a range rover 95 and the same issued happened and it drove me crazy. Have your water problems been solved or should I stay away? Thanks for a thorough review.
Lots of rain since I picked up my Gren on Jan-13th. No water falls on my doors, but my '95 RRC doesn't do this either 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom