The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Got it stuck on the first time out

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
The first real time out and I got it stuck. Withlacoochee state Forest in central FL. But I am even more of a believer in the vehicle than before. It tackled anything i could see. I even told my girlfriend, the only thing I’m afraid of is a drop off under water I can’t see. And what stopped me not 30 min later? Just that. I bottomed out in the muck. Luckily I met a great guy named Clayton with an F250 who pulled us out.IMG_0815.jpeg

So what did I learn?
Mud, sand, gravel, a foot of water, nothing to even flinch at with a Grenadier, just keep going, you won’t get stuck.

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

Having a wading height the same as tire height is a convenient measuring device

If there is something to improve with the vehicle, it would be ground clearance (duh, I already knew that and accept what it is)

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
The first real time out and I got it stuck. Withlacoochee state Forest in central FL. But I am even more of a believer in the vehicle than before. It tackled anything i could see. I even told my girlfriend, the only thing I’m afraid of is a drop off under water I can’t see. And what stopped me not 30 min later? Just that. I bottomed out in the muck. Luckily I met a great guy named Clayton with an F250 who pulled us out.View attachment 7842632

So what did I learn?
Mud, sand, gravel, a foot of water, nothing to even flinch at with a Grenadier, just keep going, you won’t get stuck.

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

If there is something to improve with the vehicle, it would be ground clearance (duh, I already knew that and accept what it is)

Wow! Very Capable! Thanks so much for sharing Psignore! Andiamo!!!

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Seems like most stock vehicles, which are a big compromise for things like fuel economy, ground clearance is what is needed most. What is awesome it seems is simple lift springs and 35s and you have a monster on your hands. As opposed to lifting an IFS vehicle. Until then...MORE SPEED! :LOL:

Reactions: Max

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
The first real time out and I got it stuck. Withlacoochee state Forest in central FL. But I am even more of a believer in the vehicle than before. It tackled anything i could see. I even told my girlfriend, the only thing I’m afraid of is a drop off under water I can’t see. And what stopped me not 30 min later? Just that. I bottomed out in the muck. Luckily I met a great guy named Clayton with an F250 who pulled us out.View attachment 7842632

So what did I learn?

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

How long did the social embarrassment at getting stuck last? Longer than pulling it out? ;);)

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to see the vehicle being used to get out and about in the rough stuff.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

So what did I learn?

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

You’re a braver man than me. I don’t do stuff like that with no one else around. I’m sure I’ll end up in situations like that as I head north into Angola but hopefully others around to help me out. Rainy season in full swing so roads getting worse.
Well done for trying
I think I’m Max weight so even more difficult to extricate myself from situations like that when alone.
Enjoy the Grenadier. It’s a top notch vehicle 👍🏼

Local time
Reaction score
I saw a recent thread where ANAND is having a grenadier specific class. He's at OEX. I don't know him, but if he's like Garret or Eric he's worth spending three days with.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I saw a recent thread where ANAND is having a grenadier specific class. He's at OEX. I don't know him, but if he's like Garret or Eric he's worth spending three days with.
Extraordinarily kind words @Zimm, I've got a long way to go before I'm at Eric's level... But, in terms of a Grenadier specific class, still hoping for more Grenadier owners to join for the April weekend class (fundamentals on Saturday, recovery on Sunday) in North Carolina

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so the thing I learned today…after hearing what seemed to be gallons of water sloshing around somewhere I couldn’t see while driving to work and back…there is a second set of drain plugs on the bottom OUTSIDE of the vehicle, removing the interior floor drain plugs empties the water into some type of holding tank, but says nothing about it in the manual I could find

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully you were back far enough to escape the deluge from the second set of plugs

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score

So what did I learn?

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

Glad you got out, and learned some things - thx for sharing

Local time
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. If the door seals worked, why did you need to use the drain plugs?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Water wasn’t coming in, and passenger side was good, I tried my driver door and was a couple inches below the waterline and quickly slammed it back shut
You released water from the sills underneath?
And do you have diff breathers installed?

Back
Top Bottom