The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Door difficult to close/Door won't latch

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
The front passenger door has trouble closing and latching. I know this is common issue and with proper force and wear in time it can resolve, but this particular door continues to have problems unlike the other doors. Has anyone had this same problem, performed a fix, or taken to dealer for fix and can relay what they did?

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
The front passenger door has trouble closing and latching. I know this is common issue and with proper force and wear in time it can resolve, but this particular door continues to have problems unlike the other doors. Has anyone had this same problem, performed a fix, or taken to dealer for fix and can relay what they did?
I have the same issue except it is with the driver's door only. When I take it back for the tow hitch reinstall, I am going to ask them to realign the door. All my other doors close easily and securely.

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same issue except it is with the driver's door only. When I take it back for the tow hitch reinstall, I am going to ask them to realign the door. All my other doors close easily and securely.
Is your dealer Atlanta or Highpoint? Mine is Highpoint.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is your dealer Atlanta or Highpoint? Mine is Highpoint.
Recall from my Discovery - there is the bolt on the vehicle that the door latch catches. Had to move / readjust that a few mm (in/out??) decades ago and the door closed fine there after. Hope this is helpful!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
It was the same with me. The tool kit had moved and was getting in the way. It’s worth a quick check.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Check the (outside) opening-knob.

Mine sometimes gets stuck in the pressed state so the door won't latch.

Back
Top Bottom