The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Possible Side Mirror Replacement to reduce Blind Spot - Please respond if interested

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
I am having a tough time deciding between the Gray and blue (anti-glare) anyone got experience with them in real life? Thanks! Prefer the look of the Gray... but anti-glare could/would be nice. Thanks!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Peterr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
The first mod I looked for after purchasing the Grenadier was Suma mirrors - so I am in on the preorder. I had a pair of the blue anti-glare on my 4Runner and loved them.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.
Definitely in

Vote:
Upvote 0

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
I just ordered and it gave me a link to share to get a discount. I don't get a kickback.

I know a couple of people had success with the code but it isn't coming up in my cart. Anyone else having a problem?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I know a couple of people had success with the code but it isn't coming up in my cart. Anyone else having a problem?
it still gives me a code when I click the link.

LXZ-P5ZQ6PO

I don't see an expiration so it should still work.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Was thinking it shouldn’t be too long before I hear something too. Looking forward to hearing of your experience in the fitting.

Vote:
Upvote 0

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
If it retains the heated mirror functionality I'm also in. Since the mirrors do not go down when reversing, I am more interested in being able to see the lines when backing into a parking spot.
Does anyone know if we could tap into the CANBUS and get the mirror to tilt down automatically? That would be great!

Vote:
Upvote 0

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
Ordered mine today. I find I use the outside mirrors MUCH more that the backup camera and/or the inside mirror. Hopefully they won't be too much of a pain to install. Now it's just "hurry up and wait...." :) (BTW the discount link didn't work)

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom