The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Possible Side Mirror Replacement to reduce Blind Spot - Please respond if interested

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Eddy has stated their is enough interest to manufacture the mirrors. They need to get a set of mirrors and need them for about a month for the R&D. I told him to reach out to his local dealer, but didn't know if anyone knew of a different source.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Eddy has stated their is enough interest to manufacture the mirrors. They need to get a set of mirrors and need them for about a month for the R&D. I told him to reach out to his local dealer, but didn't know if anyone knew of a different source.
+1 Here Too.
DaBull

Vote:
Upvote 0

LeftRev1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.
I am interested.

Vote:
Upvote 0

LeftRev1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score

Thanks.
I received this email overnight from Eddy at Suma Performance:
I just got a Vin# from another person such that I should be able to get the OEM mirror to make the mold. I'm going to call the dealer in Seattle to see if I can get the OEM mirror.

Sounds like he is moving forward with making custom fit convex mirrors available.

Vote:
Upvote 0

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I just got a Vin# from another person such that I should be able to get the OEM mirror to make the mold. I'm going to call the dealer in Seattle to see if I can get the OEM mirror.

Sounds like he is moving forward with making custom fit convex mirrors available.
Me to for uk.

Vote:
Upvote 0

BVB

Local time
Reaction score

Thanks.
+1

Vote:
Upvote 0

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Eddy has contacted Elliot Bay to buy a mirror. He will then send it off to his facility Taiwan to engineer the replacement mirror. That takes about a month, so probably 2 months for the prototype. I don’t know how long after that for production, but will keep everyone informed as I get updates.

Vote:
Upvote 0

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

That was my VIN number. 😁

Vote:
Upvote 0

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Do they ship to Germany?

Vote: