The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Poll - How is your new Grenadier really?

• Total voters

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if it might be worth considering re-running the poll for owner experiences say a few months on - my answer to the polll would unfortunately be different now albeit I remain generally enthusiastic about the vehicle/the concept behind it. Is this something that could be set up?

Perhaps owners could show their previous classification and current classification under the “marking scores”. This will give a better sense of how actual experiences are developing. Some people may have had cars that needed rectification but now don’t etc
Might be a bit too complicated. The aim of the poll is to simply record the quality of vehicles as they come from Ineos. Over time a proportion of the customer experience is then affected by their local dealership. And that’s much more variable.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Might be a bit too complicated. The aim of the poll is to simply record the quality of vehicles as they come from Ineos. Over time a proportion of the customer experience is then affected by their local dealership. And that’s much more variable.
A better way for this may be to start a 6 month review thread? "my Grenadier 6 months later" type of thing, that will give some context.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
A better way for this may be to start a 6 month review thread? "my Grenadier 6 months later" type of thing, that will give some context.
Yep that sounds a good idea. What about after say 3-4 months (it will generate more data which is probably a good/helpful thing)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
How do we (I/someone) set up the poll?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do we (I/someone) set up the poll
I can try to craft something and post it. Might just make it a responsive poll for owners who have had their vehicles for at least three months.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interestingly I note the one and only rejection response in the poll by Wing1 may be erroneous. He made several posts in a thread reporting a gearbox malfunction which was found to be an immobiliser related issue. In the thread it was reported as solved but he still responded saying the vehicle was rejected?!? Not sure what the actual final outcome was but I have messaged him to update his response with no reply.

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Now at 1000km it’s powerful, responsive, easy to drive once I’m used to euro blinker stalk. Stops on a sixpence.. I love it 😻 I’m about to have the roof cut off to get a mulgo type roof bed conversion in 2 weeks. Scary. Mapping via apple carplay does not work well. No low range work yet but now run in so soon. Stability when fully configured as an outback Australian tourer with full weight will be the real test.
Rob we need an update on this roof conversion 😭

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Giving this a bump for recent deliveries, I only just remembered it.

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you cut that roof off you better be ready to put a lot of structural replacement in.
The body rigidity is based on the cross members in the roof
Yes this idea cutting out roof members is mostly missed by many.

If you wish to risk yourself and passengers safety and change the engineering behind it, well its up to you. Why does INEOS roll over and crash test rearly test vehicles then at all? Am guessing cutting out the roofs cross members (one of the Grenadier's strengths with a higher capacity dynamic load rating), you wont be rolling over your Grenadier to gain any test results! Passenger safety is key these days. There are plenty of examples of roll overs on YouTube, both on and off road on older vehicles.

You will need to check if you require a Automotive Engineer's report and certification for insurance and registration purposes (to be legal), let alone warranty. The roll over tests by INEOS on early test vehicles for the roof in particular prooved the design.

Anyway, having been outdoors for most of my life, sleeping inside in any vehicle has many limitations with compromises.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Looking at the poll. Are there really 15% of owners without even any false alarms?

Reactions: CB

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
400 miles in, been back to dealer, loose bolt on ac all gas all gone!. Various messages on screen TPMS popped up today tire pressue too high (this needs clearing which I will do), + gearbox fault that disappeared + the info screens under offroad all disappeared so i could not keep an eye on the tyre pressures. Also got the eCall malfunction but again that went away.

Also try driving off and putting the seatbelt on when it bings the light goes out but the dings continue for ages on mine. (200 seconds I think)
Love the car though, turning circle is poor and parking compared to my TD5 90 is terrible, but i will get used to that. Its much more comfy on the road though cursing between 60 and 80 mph today. I could not do 60 in the defender and speak to passengers and getting to 90 would only be off a cliff!. It also loves flies, front is covered need front PPF I think!

Reactions: Max

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just had the TPMS issue for the first time. Had to deflate tyres by a good 10 psi and then correct. All now good again.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the poll. Are there really 15% of owners without even any false alarms?
So far 1500km and no spurious warnings whatsoever. But the built in GPS is freezing so I responded with option 2 - minor problems. Given how minor and unconnected to the vehicle’s drivability the GPS is I was tempted to go for option 1.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just had the TPMS issue for the first time. Had to deflate tyres by a good 10 psi and then correct. All now good again.
I looked at mine today and they were all blank. Vehicle has been parked up for a number of days.

Do they go to sleep and then wake up with tyre rotation?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t count a TPMS warning as a fault because every car I’ve ever driven with it has had random warnings. And some legitimate ones too. It’s the ultimate “boy who cried wolf” technology.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had to deflate tyres by a good 10 psi and then correct. All now good again.
Does "and then correct" mean they were showing correct at 10psi less or you aired them down then back up 10psi and the fault went?

Back
Top Bottom