The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Poll - How is your new Grenadier really?

• Total voters
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Interesting poll. I think I would have been surprised if there weren't some common issues. Looking at the percentages it very much reminds me of 2001/2002 Minis of which I was lucky enough to buy one. Like the Grenadier, it was a new design (clean sheet), built in a new factory, by a new workforce with new management. Everyone (probably over 80% like the grenadier according to your poll) had a multitude of quality control and design issues.

I really don't think it would worry me if there there were some issues as long as they were effectively resolved. The problem with the Mni was it was like whack a mole. As fast as you fixed them others popped up, and sometimes the original issues came back (multiple times). And eventually (I lasted 4 years) it became clear that it was never going to stop. Some things could be fixed, but other issues were baked in.

MINI resolved the production issues quite quickly. Cars built 18 months after production started were significantly better than the early ones. within two or three years they were trouble free like most cars. Unfortunately it didn't help the original owners who were stuck with the only choice being to continue to put up with the death by a thousand cuts or move the car on. It should be noted that MINI were astoundingly generous with warranty support, but you cant un-f@%# a total cluster.

I hope they resolve the grenadier issues quickly and the cars are trouble free. Personally while this poll is interesting I'll be more interested to see how many cars are trouble free at 12 months.

I don't think i'd have the confidence to spin the wheel and take a chance in the remote places I go.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting poll. I think I would have been surprised if there weren't some common issues. Looking at the percentages it very much reminds me of 2001/2002 Minis of which I was lucky enough to buy one. Like the Grenadier, it was a new design (clean sheet), built in a new factory, by a new workforce with new management. Everyone (probably over 80% like the grenadier according to your poll) had a multitude of quality control and design issues.

I really don't think it would worry me if there there were some issues as long as they were effectively resolved. The problem with the Mni was it was like whack a mole. As fast as you fixed them others popped up, and sometimes the original issues came back (multiple times). And eventually (I lasted 4 years) it became clear that it was never going to stop. Some things could be fixed, but other issues were baked in.

MINI resolved the production issues quite quickly. Cars built 18 months after production started were significantly better than the early ones. within two or three years they were trouble free like most cars. Unfortunately it didn't help the original owners who were stuck with the only choice being to continue to put up with the death by a thousand cuts or move the car on. It should be noted that MINI were astoundingly generous with warranty support, but you cant un-f@%# a total cluster.

I hope they resolve the grenadier issues quickly and the cars are trouble free. Personally while this poll is interesting I'll be more interested to see how many cars are trouble free at 12 months.

I don't think i'd have the confidence to spin the wheel and take a chance in the remote places I go.
To put your life in the hands of anything that has been unproven is possibly a chance too far. Fortunately there are members already pushing at the boundaries and testing the Grenadiers reliability.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Bumping this rather than starting a new poll for US owners. I'm having no issues. I am waiting on a tow fix and checker plates but those aren't the fault of the vehicle. As per the original post please only vote if you have taken delivery.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this. It’s our best way to get a fairly accurate statistical picture of quality. If anyone hasn’t responded, please do. And remember if your experience has changed since delivery, you can change your response.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this. It’s our best way to get a fairly accurate statistical picture of quality. If anyone hasn’t responded, please do. And remember if your experience has changed since delivery, you can change your response.
I responded earlier after delivery but now after almost 12,000kms I have experienced all of the first five responses at one time or another, currently only minor issues, hopefully most of which will be resolved after visit to dealer next week for software update and some minor bits and pieces.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I don't even have 200 miles on it yet! Only issue so far is dead CarPlay, which dealer is aware of and apparently has a fix.

Bogdriver

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I polled to have major problems, but the car is drivable. Still after a first update, the electric do not work reliable. The (single) battery will not load compleatly (max 65 %) and just with very low amp. Very often the engine didn‘t start, so I needed start help or an external load gear. In February will come the next update. Everything else is very good, so I hope, Ineos and dealer will fix it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I polled to have major problems, but the car is drivable. Still after a first update, the electric do not work reliable. The (single) battery will not load compleatly (max 65 %) and just with very low amp. Very often the engine didn‘t start, so I needed start help or an external load gear. In February will come the next update. Everything else is very good, so I hope, Ineos and dealer will fix it.
You may have a bad battery. There have been several replaced because of bad cells and once swapped out lots of errors and issues were cured.

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our issues were so serious that Ineos have had the car since September 2023 and not been able to fix it . Ineos are not members of the Motor Ombudsman scheme ( 99% of all new cars sold in the UK are covered by this) This (imo) is a big red flag . Sometimes it's not the fault itself, but how it's dealt with . Both have been shocking.
The fault on our vehicle was catastrophic. Miraculously no one one was injured. Perhaps we were just really unlucky with our particular car ? I won't be getting in another Grenadier ... just not worth the risk .
The customer service experience has been the worst I have ever encountered.
I sadly have a feeling more and more people are (or will be) experiencing issues with the car itself and the 'aftercare'

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If, like me, you can just get the dealer to acknowledge that the factory supplied battery is faulty and get it replaced, you should have all that sorted. My vehicle was transformed once the dodgy original battery was replaced at around 6000km.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If, like me, you can just get the dealer to acknowledge that the factory supplied battery is faulty and get it replaced, you should have all that sorted. My vehicle was transformed once the dodgy original battery was replaced at around 6000km.
Right, most of the time the dealer will put it on a charger overnight and most factory versions have the ability to analyze the state of your battery as well. After a night, they print out a report and based on that, you should be able to get a new battery under warranty.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our issues were so serious that Ineos have had the car since September 2023 and not been able to fix it . Ineos are not members of the Motor Ombudsman scheme ( 99% of all new cars sold in the UK are covered by this) This (imo) is a big red flag . Sometimes it's not the fault itself, but how it's dealt with . Both have been shocking.
The fault on our vehicle was catastrophic. Miraculously no one one was injured. Perhaps we were just really unlucky with our particular car ? I won't be getting in another Grenadier ... just not worth the risk .
The customer service experience has been the worst I have ever encountered.
I sadly have a feeling more and more people are (or will be) experiencing issues with the car itself and the 'aftercare'
What has happened in your case? The last I read, it had been in the shop/agent for 6wks over the brake/steering issue.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What has happened in your case? The last I read, it had been in the shop/agent for 6wks over the brake/steering issue.
Thanks Jim ,
The car was recovered by Ineos AA at the beginning of September 2023 . It was unsafe to drive . Since then it has not moved from Ineos storage facility and has not been repaired. We were told a 'top technician' had looked at it . Make of this what you will ! We loved the car but for us the Ineos dream was a very long nightmare . I wouldn't get in another Grenadier but wish everyone well who still loves theirs .

Reactions: PBD

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that brother. Does that mean they took the car back and gave you a refund, working on the refund process, or do you still own the vehicle as IG tries to fix the issue(s)?

If the later, are you still in one of their “loaners”?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Jim ,
The car was recovered by Ineos AA at the beginning of September 2023 . It was unsafe to drive . Since then it has not moved from Ineos storage facility and has not been repaired. We were told a 'top technician' had looked at it . Make of this what you will ! We loved the car but for us the Ineos dream was a very long nightmare . I wouldn't get in another Grenadier but wish everyone well who still loves theirs .
What was unsafe about the vehicle that they seemingly couldn't repair? (sorry if you've already posted it somewhere)
lt's worth repeating it on here because people will read these recent posts and want to know what issues you had.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What was unsafe about the vehicle that they seemingly couldn't repair? (sorry if you've already posted it somewhere)
lt's worth repeating it on here because people will read these recent posts and want to know what issues you had.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks,
The power steering failed catastrophically (along with other significant issues.) The vehicle was recovered by Ineos AA and has sat in an Ineos holding facility since September 2023( probably now full of water thanks to leaky doors!)
Ineos have not been able to fix as yet ( 5 months) and perhaps we could forgive the little niggles but ultimately the fact that the car hasn't moved for months in spite of being inspected by someone 'high up' has alarm bells ringing.
Ineos have been obstructive, ignored communications and been the worst company I have ever had experience with.
It seemed so perfect in the beginning but it turned out that the car was unsafe the customer care horrendous and unless they replace the current senior management and improve build quality/safety there are going to be a lot more Grenadier dreams destroyed.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
My battery has been replaced by now for similar reasons.

Back
Top Bottom