The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Poll - How is your new Grenadier really?

• Total voters

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
One other point worth noting - there has been one person on the forum who has reported rejecting their vehicle but unless a rejection is due to an actual fault as opposed to a design issue which other owners are fine with then it shouldn't be recorded in the poll.

Rob Wilson

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With deliveries underway and the many recent posts by people experiencing issues, it's rapidly giving an overwhelming impression that a lot of vehicles being delivered have problems. However this being the internet, I am hoping there are many others who have no issues they think are worth posting and are therefore remaining quiet and invisible. In order to try and get some proper data on just what percentage of delivered vehicles are having issues, here is the poll for people to respond to to cover the full range of vehicle delivery states?

Please only respond if you have actually taken delivery of your Grenadier.
(We don't care if it's still sitting at the dealer with a Euro-disco of warning lights - that's not counted as a delivery)

These responses are not trying to identify any detail about your specific issues (eg. electrical, vibrations, trim build quality etc), just to ascertain how minor or major those issues may be. If you have multiple issues, just respond for the most major one(s). Hopefully we will also be able to use this poll to keep a running tally of just how many Grenadiers have been delivered to forum members.

I have set the poll to run indefinitely so we can see how the deliveries progress. Also, I have allowed people to come back and change their response in case they have a false start delivery with some issue resolved in very short order or discover their issue was something dumb they did and not Ineos' fault.
Now at 1000km it’s powerful, responsive, easy to drive once I’m used to euro blinker stalk. Stops on a sixpence.. I love it 😻 I’m about to have the roof cut off to get a mulgo type roof bed conversion in 2 weeks. Scary. Mapping via apple carplay does not work well. No low range work yet but now run in so soon. Stability when fully configured as an outback Australian tourer with full weight will be the real test.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now at 1000km it’s powerful, responsive, easy to drive once I’m used to euro blinker stalk. Stops on a sixpence.. I love it 😻 I’m about to have the roof cut off to get a mulgo type roof bed conversion in 2 weeks. Scary. Mapping via apple carplay does not work well. No low range work yet but now run in so soon. Stability when fully configured as an outback Australian tourer with full weight will be the real test.
If you cut that roof off you better be ready to put a lot of structural replacement in.
The body rigidity is based on the cross members in the roof

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Very keen to see what you do with that roof conversion 👍🏼. That’s something we would like in the future.

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
You gotta share when this happens! Is it an actual “mulgo”? They have one engineered for it already?

Also I always see people say the cross members are basically what’s holding the IG together.. just would like to know how much work they are doing.. have we seen actual data on these? I’m guessing this is armchair engineering talk.. I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this comment.. also people saying they are actual engineers and it’s common sense and I’m dumb.. but hey I eat food a lot, but I don’t know what sheep brains taste like because I’ve never personally ate it.. just saying.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You gotta share when this happens! Is it an actual “mulgo”? They have one engineered for it already?

Also I always see people say the cross members are basically what’s holding the IG together.. just would like to know how much work they are doing.. have we seen actual data on these? I’m guessing this is armchair engineering talk.. I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this comment.. also people saying they are actual engineers and it’s common sense and I’m dumb.. but hey I eat food a lot, but I don’t know what sheep brains taste like because I’ve never personally ate it.. just saying.
The roof itself has a load rating of 420kg
You can see all the cross bracing that supports the roof skin and is the crash protection and rollover structure.
Cutting all these out means something has to replace them somewhere to stop the roof and walls from folding up in the case of a rollover

1691001969232.png1691002014198.png1691002116545.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
I don't see why not?

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The roof itself has a load rating of 420kg
You can see all the cross bracing that supports the roof skin and is the crash protection and rollover structure.
Cutting all these out means something has to replace them somewhere to stop the roof and walls from folding up in the case of a rollover

View attachment 7822121View attachment 7822122View attachment 7822123
Yeah I’ve seen all those pics with the braces.. and load rating specs.. with that said.. can someone give actual data on these? Are those braces primarily the roof load rating? Again not looking for speculation. Also look how massive tha D-pillar is.. I’m sure that’s gonna do more work on a roll over than those c-pillar cross members.
IMG_7877.jpeg
There’s the removal of the braces for the troopy roof conversion. Also for the 76 conversion you aren’t chopping forward of the b-pillar.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU
Modern convertibles have strengthened A pillars, fixed or pop up roll bars and often different seats to provide crash/rollover protection.
The windscreen on that is different to standard and may be some sort of rollover protection however those rear seat passengers sit above it and would be pancakes in an accident.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve seen all those pics with the braces.. and load rating specs.. with that said.. can someone give actual data on these? Are those braces primarily the roof load rating? Again not looking for speculation. Also look how massive tha D-pillar is.. I’m sure that’s gonna do more work on a roll over than those c-pillar cross members.
View attachment 7822127
There’s the removal of the braces for the troopy roof conversion. Also for the 76 conversion you aren’t chopping forward of the b-pillar.
I am betting a roof conversion on a troopy actually makes it safer. Not so a Grenadier, I personally would not be letting anyone cut the roof off my Grenadier.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm somewhat pleased that roof conversions will be limited. It may mean more unmolested vehicles in service down the road if we decide to wait a few years and buy a Grenadier on the used market. I understand why some would opt for a rooftop conversion but there's always the Quartermanster option.

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm somewhat pleased that roof conversions will be limited. It may mean more unmolested vehicles in service down the road if we decide to wait a few years and buy a Grenadier on the used market. I understand why some would opt for a rooftop conversion but there's always the Quartermanster option.
A roof conversion and a truck bed wedge camper can’t be traded apples for apples.

PS. 255/85/16 is what I’m running in my Tacoma and love the size. Would love to get some pizza cutters for the grenadier.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if it might be worth considering re-running the poll for owner experiences say a few months on - my answer to the polll would unfortunately be different now albeit I remain generally enthusiastic about the vehicle/the concept behind it. Is this something that could be set up?

Perhaps owners could show their previous classification and current classification under the “marking scores”. This will give a better sense of how actual experiences are developing. Some people may have had cars that needed rectification but now don’t etc

Back
Top Bottom