The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Poll - How is your new Grenadier really?

• Total voters

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
With deliveries underway and the many recent posts by people experiencing issues, it's rapidly giving an overwhelming impression that a lot of vehicles being delivered have problems. However this being the internet, I am hoping there are many others who have no issues they think are worth posting and are therefore remaining quiet and invisible. In order to try and get some proper data on just what percentage of delivered vehicles are having issues, here is the poll for people to respond to to cover the full range of vehicle delivery states?

Please only respond if you have actually taken delivery of your Grenadier.
(We don't care if it's still sitting at the dealer with a Euro-disco of warning lights - that's not counted as a delivery)

These responses are not trying to identify any detail about your specific issues (eg. electrical, vibrations, trim build quality etc), just to ascertain how minor or major those issues may be. If you have multiple issues, just respond for the most major one(s). Hopefully we will also be able to use this poll to keep a running tally of just how many Grenadiers have been delivered to forum members.

I have set the poll to run indefinitely so we can see how the deliveries progress. Also, I have allowed people to come back and change their response in case they have a false start delivery with some issue resolved in very short order or discover their issue was something dumb they did and not Ineos' fault.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just bumping the poll back up as we now have 18 legitimate responses and a clear bell curve emerging. Hoping more people who have received their vehicles might be able to respond.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just another bump and request -
Can anyone who has already voted claiming minor issues, but subsequently may have discovered it was user error or some other "feature" related warning they initially didn't understand, please take the time to revise their response so we keep the results as correct as possible. There have been a few posts in other threads where spurious warnings were subsequently found to be things like doors or bonnet not fully latched. Also if there are people who have experienced random warnings related solely to insufficient battery charge, maybe adjust the response if the fully charged battery solves it (that's not really the vehicle's fault).

I expect when the mythical upcoming software update happens there will be fresh threads discussing if this solves all the minor issues reported elsewhere but I don't think that should result in any changes to responses here as this is trying to be a true representation of the condition you initially got the vehicle in. Hopefully however, we will see a gradual increase in the number of people reporting no issues at all..

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, based on this morning's email from Ineos, the results to date (20) theoretically represent 4% of the total number of Grenadiers delivered to date. It would be good if this forum could get the sample size up over 10%.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Also if there are people who have experienced random warnings related solely to insufficient battery charge, maybe adjust the response if the fully charged battery solves it (that's not really the vehicle's fault).
It's a belief more than a known causal link, and with the very nature of intermittent faults I'd be careful about closing issues down on this assumption.

Reactions: PBD

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a belief more than a known causal link, and with the very nature of intermittent faults I'd be careful about closing issues down on this assumption.
True. So nobody change a response until they’re pretty sure a fault has been confirmed as user error or vice versa.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With regards to the 2 votes stating that their vehicles have exploded.

The accounts are both North American based, I’d take their input with a pinch of salt.
Yeah, I tried to edit the poll but it doesn’t let me remove that last option, only add more. I also messaged those guys to ask them to remove their responses but I suspect once you’ve responded the forum only lets you change to a different response and not delete it. So we’re stuck with them and I just disregard them anyway as it was a joke response. Or at least it’s a joke until one actually does explode.

Reactions: PBD

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Had to confess to minor problems but they are all software error warnings ignored initially with trepidation but now humour (“Oh! No helicopter rescue not available again!). One soft clunk from the steering I would like to know more about, but I’m Series II-savvy enough to be unconcerned.
I WILL say that on several models driven I have noticed (lucky me!) a rather “soft” throttle ramp - like a Discovery 4 in Grass, Mud and Snow mode - which existed but has vanished now on mine at 574 miles (900km) - enforcing my suspicion that there was a software-based reduction in early miles throttle response as an “auto-run-in” measure. Much more sprightly today! 😁

I AM so happy I could cry! 🤣

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another bump for this poll to keep the data flowing. Still no-one has had a critical failure but I can't see if @Logsplitter has responded yet - or maybe they're waiting until the diagnosis phase is completed. Also a reminder to anyone who responded with issues that they subsequently discovered were user error, to change their response (no judgement). Finally anyone who has had a more serious issue develop since responding, please update your response too.

Back
Top Bottom