The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

No roof rack = a different suspension

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
So heard from another member (thanks for the info!) that if you do not order the roof rack at the time of placing the order - the suspension/springs that IG specs for the vehicle is different than if you do. Apparently he was told this at a factory drive event. Has anyone else heard this or can validate?

Reactions: PBD

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
True. Suspension settings vary depending on accessories chosen. I believe there are six different settings.

Same happens if you order a front winch.

Reactions: PBD

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True. Suspension settings vary depending on accessories chosen. I believe there are six different settings.

Same happens if you order a front winch.
I know the winch requires different springs - but no where on the website does it indicate that for the roof rack. Where did you hear it?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know if the springs are different if you ordered the cross bars? No matter what, Eibach is making some nice after-market performance lift springs kits for the Grenadier.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know the winch requires different springs - but no where on the website does it indicate that for the roof rack. Where did you hear it?
It is on this forum and the Dealer told me.

AWo

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Only different springs? Ok, they keep the height, but the shocks must handle the dynamic forces this increased weight generate. There is for sure a range that causes no problems as long as you stay inside. But if the spring rate is increased, the rebound might needs adjusted as well. A spring wich generates too strong rebound forces might help in quicker offroad driving but reduces comfort on normal roads. It also leads to more increased chassis rolling.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Only different springs? Ok, they keep the height, but the shocks must handle the dynamic forces this increased weight generate. There is for sure a range that causes no problems as long as you stay inside. But if the spring rate is increased, the rebound might needs adjusted as well. A spring wich generates too strong rebound forces might help in quicker offroad driving but reduces comfort on normal roads. It also leads to more increased chassis rolling.
I haven't heard whether they change the shocks when you get the uprated springs. You'd think they would have thought about this.

AWo

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
I haven't heard whether they change the shocks when you get the uprated springs. You'd think they would have thought about this.
If the spring rate changes (at a certain delta of course) you need to adjust the damping, as well. However, I assume manufacturers don't care about this, too costly. If you have a custom suspension, the suspension expert will care about this.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well when we get the shock specs posted , we'll know the answer. Maybe.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe worth looking at part numbers on the shocks?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well yes, getting any useful information is like pulling teeth. This is an earlier reply and I've asked for details of this "calibration":

Screenshot_20230814_152525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom