The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat with having ordered the smaller OEM rack and now worry about when or indeed IF it will arrive. I need mine to be able to take a Thule roofbox with the jaw type clamping fixation thingies!
Any idea if they would work on the Leitner rack? Seems the roof clearance may be too little. Love the low profile design but it may not fit my needs 😞
Cheers
I also have a Thule Roof Box, and was wondering the same. I just received my Leitner rack yesterday and promptly put it together last night.

Unfortunately, I've found that the Thule "PowerClick Clamps" which come standard with the roof box that I have (assuming the same for yours), do not open quite wide enough to clamp onto the Leitner rack cross bars. That being said, in doing a bit of research, it looks like someone already created a potential solution (I say potential, since I haven't tested it yet), but I purchased a set of these T-track adapters, which I plan to attach directly to the T-tracks on the Leitner cross bars (there are 2 tracks on the top face of each of the Leitner cross bar):

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
This is a great example of how the US will embrace and improve the Grenadier with brilliant yet simple engineering. I just need to work out how to get one shipped to the UK .
If there’s enough interest I can look into speaking to them and seeing if they’ll let the forum handle delivery (they look like they don’t do inter shipping). They’re pretty close to me and local
Pickup is possible.

I can look into prices. If people want.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of - what are folks using to secure things to the roof rack. I need to mount my Gazelle 4+ up there and was thinking a set of front runner strachits might make sense.

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I also have a Thule Roof Box, and was wondering the same. I just received my Leitner rack yesterday and promptly put it together last night.

Unfortunately, I've found that the Thule "PowerClick Clamps" which come standard with the roof box that I have (assuming the same for yours), do not open quite wide enough to clamp onto the Leitner rack cross bars. That being said, in doing a bit of research, it looks like someone already created a potential solution (I say potential, since I haven't tested it yet), but I purchased a set of these T-track adapters, which I plan to attach directly to the T-tracks on the Leitner cross bars (there are 2 tracks on the top face of each of the Leitner cross bar):

Thank you GrenADV - I had suspected this and now confirmed. But I also thought about other solutions including maybe the one you have investigated!
Watching with interest as I really like this rack design and I’m hoping shipping from US to NZ will be less than LeTech have quoted me 🤞🏽🤷🏼‍♂️

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
If there’s enough interest I can look into speaking to them and seeing if they’ll let the forum handle delivery (they look like they don’t do inter shipping). They’re pretty close to me and local
Pickup is possible.

I'd certainly be interested in the platform, perhaps crossbars for delivery to Aus. Am waiting a response as to weight of their platform. Perhaps an option could be if they would consider sending just the brackets and platform sourced locally?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pickup is possible.

I would be keen if there was a group buy or shipment to Australia, the prospect of paying half the price of the rack for shipping has me holding off at the moment.

Leitner say they are looking at having agents in Australia but that could be years away.

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Pickup is possible.

I’m keen too please Stu - if you’re happy to move into freight forwarding 😆
Edit - I’m back from two months in Austria although I like the red and white flag 😉
Home base is NZ 👍🏼

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pickup is possible.

We should shout you a beer or coffee while we’re in the area if you’re up for it Stu: we’re shipping in to Long Beach.
I’ll DM.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I also ordered and am waiting for my T-track adapter to arrive from trailer.com so that I can direct mount my Thule Force XT.
Speaking of - what are folks using to secure things to the roof rack. I need to mount my Gazelle 4+ up there and was thinking a set of front runner strachits might make sense.
I have a Yakima LockNLoad Corner Bracket kit that I use together with strachits to hold down square and rectangular gear.

Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my 3/4 rack today and started assembling. For those that have been there done that; did you receive 16 clamps, or 18? My kit included 16, which jives with the number of clamps referenced in the manual. However, the manual says to use four clamps each on the front and rear bars (8 total), and two each on the five load bars (10 total), for sum total of 18 clamps. Am I losing my mind or is the manual incorrect, along with the number of clamps I received?

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Jeffrey. Do you mean the two front and rear bars? (not the load bars). If yes, did you end up with some spare T-nuts and M8 bolts?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Thank you Jeffrey. Do you mean the two front and rear bars? (not the load bars). If yes, did you end up with some spare T-nuts and M8 bolts?
I mean all the 4" wide adjustable cross (load) bars with T slots on top. Not including the perimeter frame (no clamps there).

Local time
Reaction score
From the manual, each of the four perimeter corners requires two clamps each (top and bottom), and each of the five load bars require two clamps each (just one at the top of each end of each cross bar).

Red circle = two clamps. Blue circle - one clamp. Total 18 clamps. I only received 16 clamps.

Will see what Leitner says when they return to work on Monday.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the manual, each of the four perimeter corners requires two clamps each (top and bottom), and each of the five load bars require two clamps each (just one at the top of each end of each cross bar).

Red circle = two clamps. Blue circle - one clamp. Total 18 clamps. I only received 16 clamps.

Will see what Leitner says when they return to work on Monday.
My kit came with 18 clamps. Yes, 2 per corner

Back
Top Bottom