The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
I have the older style Wolf Packs so I was able to use Leitner's T-Bolt and Traklok hardware as a direct replacement for the Front Runner mounts. They are even the same thread pitch for both companies. The Wolf Packs fit better on this rack, because of the adjustability, better than they ever fit on my Front Runner racks. I continue to be impressed.
The jerry can and water tank are just mocked up at this point so all of the hardware is not in place.
For the work light, I had an extra Rigid scene light left over from a different build so I just made an aluminum bracket and used the Traklok hardware to mount it in the bottom track. I wired it over to the rear roof outlet.
As a note, in case anyone is wondering, 3 of the 4 roof outlets are wired to EXT3. Thats both driver outlets and the rear passenger. The front passenger is wired to switch EXT2.
I will probably order one more load bar to bridge a gap in the front where I could add more Wolf Packs or a set of Cub Packs

View attachment 7844607View attachment 7844608View attachment 7844609View attachment 7844610
Excellent - thank you! These really help.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Hardest part was waiting for a helping hand to lift the rack onto the roof. I had to fight the urge to want to just do it on my own. Had the rack and brackets put together in about an hour an a half. Then I waited for some tall muscle to help lift in on. Once up took another 20 minutes to button everything up.
View attachment 7844601
This is a great example of how the US will embrace and improve the Grenadier with brilliant yet simple engineering. I just need to work out how to get one shipped to the UK .

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great proactive customer service. The following is an email I received today.

Good Morning,

We have recently discovered a “whistling” noise while driving our personal Ineos with the Leitner ACS Roof attached. When reaching the speed 70 MPH and higher, the whistling noise is detected. We wanted to address this as soon as possible to prevent any further complications.

We are happy to say that we found a solution to this problem and are going to be sending you a piece of stripping that will go in to the most furthest forward slot in the front load bar (see attached – page 13 of instructions: Wind Noise Reducer). This stripping should help eliminate the whistling noise while driving.

If the rack is installed, you can keep it installed and still install the strip. You just need to remove the 2 most forward nuts that attached the rack to the brackets, this way you can slightly lift the rack up to install the stripping.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Great proactive customer service. The following is an email I received today.

Good Morning,

We have recently discovered a “whistling” noise while driving our personal Ineos with the Leitner ACS Roof attached. When reaching the speed 70 MPH and higher, the whistling noise is detected. We wanted to address this as soon as possible to prevent any further complications.

We are happy to say that we found a solution to this problem and are going to be sending you a piece of stripping that will go in to the most furthest forward slot in the front load bar (see attached – page 13 of instructions: Wind Noise Reducer). This stripping should help eliminate the whistling noise while driving.

If the rack is installed, you can keep it installed and still install the strip. You just need to remove the 2 most forward nuts that attached the rack to the brackets, this way you can slightly lift the rack up to install the stripping.
Got that, too. Pretty darn good customer service!

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
I asked same question of Leitner, size they gave me are 81”x12”x7” and 65 Pounds. Shipping to Australia was US$650 from Leitner. Using my own freight options I got a lower cost of AUD 777.90 (not including taxes).

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
More options for the Grenadier posted on the Leitner website

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered the cross bars and iKamper roof top tent mounting kit!

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am seriously considering this rack now.
I checked with my dealer as to the status of my 3/4 rack. I noticed that Ineos removed it from the website.
He said that they still have to do some sort of crash testing on it, despite it being a 3/4 version of the full size rack.
I have asked for a refund so that I can source another rack.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am seriously considering this rack now.
I checked with my dealer as to the status of my 3/4 rack. I noticed that Ineos removed it from the website.
He said that they still have to do some sort of crash testing on it, despite it being a 3/4 version of the full size rack.
I have asked for a refund so that I can source another
Like you, I ordered the 3/4 rack with some other goodies. I cancelled the roof rack and options a week before buying my truck when it became clear no one knew about the future of the 3/4 Rhino rack. Things have a funny way of working out. The Leitner Design rack has been terrific for me.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think it was a 1/2 not a 3/4 rack , but nobody at IA could answer me.

TopperKenobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Quick question. Anybody plan to add an RTT to this rack? If so, what attachment system would you use for it that would make it easily removable?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Maggiolina Airlander and Leitner recommended their cross bars for mounting it - not the rack.

View attachment 7846524
Awesome to see other rack companies doing this! LFD Off Road did it a handful of years ago for the 4Runners with their "Minimalist rack" (cross bars that bolted to the factory side rail spots, so that you have room to finagle the RTT mounting

TopperKenobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Dang it. I really love the rack set up for the RTT. I have a Terrapod low profile tent. It fits perfectly with my frontrunner roof rack in my Disco. But that roof rack is not a low profile as this one is. It gets noisy really quick.
My Terrapod attaches itself from the sides using their supplied bars. So it's really easy to remove from the roof rack. I have some Alu-Cab hardware that lets me use it with the front runner rack. I wonder if this will work with this rack too.
I'm going to have to make some measurements. And adapt what I have if I want to make it work.

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat with having ordered the smaller OEM rack and now worry about when or indeed IF it will arrive. I need mine to be able to take a Thule roofbox with the jaw type clamping fixation thingies!
Any idea if they would work on the Leitner rack? Seems the roof clearance may be too little. Love the low profile design but it may not fit my needs 😞
Cheers

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom