The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas safari windows and roof rack...

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi exploresoverland, How far above the rubber or plastic roof strips does the highest part of the rack extend. Reason I am asking is that I have limited garage header clearance. If you could take a level out and a tape measure and take the distance from the top of the plastic strip to the highest part of the top fo the rack, I would be very much appreciate it. Also, do you know if they make a 3/4 rack? DaBull
Hello! I designed the roof rack together with HGM-Rack. The total height of the vehicle should still be more or less below 2,10m including the roof rack (depending on the version).

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Do you mean this measurement?
21.4 cm
View attachment 7828686

Edit: If you mean the strips on top of the roof then it is 4.7 cm.
Thanks Explorersoverland, I was looking for the 4.7 cm measurement and thank you for the other measurement, which appears to be measuring from the top of gutter rubber to the top of the rack. Thank You. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello! I designed the roof rack together with HGM-Rack. The total height of the vehicle should still be more or less below 2,10m including the roof rack (depending on the version).
Hi Ingemar, Thank you for the total height of the vehicle including the HGM-Rack. DaBull

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I did in fact order both the rack plus the safari windows with no issue but have since removed the roof rack from the order as Ineos could not change it to the 3/4 length one. Will now order https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/au/vehicle/2023-ineos-grenadier-show-all-78886
When I ordered I did the same. I'm just going to alter it with a removable hatch if it bugs me. I didnt order the skylight for air, I ordered them for the openness they impart. I do like the continuous leg on the OEM. It'll act like a cross bracing with the legs, prevent force deflection aid in weight distribution on the gutters. Not to mention they are cut to avoid the grips and look much tidier than the after market options so far presented.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Anyone quickly know how to amend my build order?
My dealer has said it’s easy for me to do by logging in to the Ineos site but so far I haven’t managed to find any option tab to achieve this.
Thanks in advance 👍🏼
Your dealer has to do it for you if the order has been placed.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Korg 👍🏼
I will hassle them 😉
Pedro
Also be warned that the Ineos website is poorly synchronised in respect to Order, Contract etc. so don't expect to see your changes reflected promptly on it. I am in the middle of sorting out my order and contract directly with Ineos as it has been "lost" off the web site currently. Most frustrating.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Myself and grenadierboy installed this rack ; we both found the bases of the legs rested 1/2 way across the gutter.
Minimal wind noise if any.
Are you happy with it?
How much did they charge you?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Are you happy with it?
How much did they charge you?
Haven't properly tested it , other than driving it at highway speeds. No wind noise above that of the 3 tonne box it's mounted to.
Bought it for list price $2800, but GB got a discount because he's got more charm than me :giggle:

nmoeder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A few months ago I drove past HGM-Rack where they installed their updated roof rack. There is currently a roof tent, solar panel, shower and awning on top and I can confirm that the bending problem has been solved by using wider brackets.

I am very satisfied with the quality and even the logo in the bracket is spray-painted with the color of the car.

Here are some pictures of just the rack.
nevermind my other post! i found it! hahaha. thanks.

nmoeder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
is there going to be any bar attachment that can go across the front so you can mount a light bar or lights?

nmoeder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Duh - there is already:
View attachment 7832329
See:- HGM-Rack
Really? That is your nice friendly response? Duh?

i already saw this. i wanted to see how a lightbar could attach. i can't tell if those are mounting points or hold the rack in place. or could you put on individual lights across the top.

but nevermind, some other friendly person sent me a video of how it is set up. thanks for your non-help.

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Really? That is your nice friendly response? Duh?

i already saw this. i wanted to see how a lightbar could attach. i can't tell if those are mounting points or hold the rack in place. or could you put on individual lights across the top.

but nevermind, some other friendly person sent me a video of how it is set up. thanks for your non-help.
i attached my light bar on the standard crossbeam in the front. here's a picture and link to a video....
View: https://youtu.be/fKu35LDpghY

there's several holes and screws where you can attach brackets.

IMG_4781.jpeg

nmoeder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the HGM each isn’t sold outside of the EU at this point. Any idea if they’re going to open up to orders for the US?
they are still working on that! they are looking for a partner so they can ship in higher quantities to get the costs down....

Back
Top Bottom