The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Drivetrain doesn't concern me. Less to go wrong with the EVs probably. And to be honest, is anyone who's ordered a grenadier thrilled it's got a bmw powerplant?
It is interesting not to be concerned with the drivetrain and as far as the powerplant the heart and soul of the vehicle, you have to research what you feel and like...diesel engine? Make? fuel economy? tried and proven?
My CHOICE is the same as yours, we have the privilege of choice, and mine at my age is miles away from yours but we have it...happy motoring

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
That's not accurate since Ineos could have released pricing info already and made a commitment to early adopters to honor that price. That's the expectation in this market. Otherwise there's no incentive to wait
I have to say that if you were looking at EV that are both bigger than the Ineos, the ineos may not be the right fit. Also, as American, we have no idea what the price would be since it was never released. All there has been speculation. We may get price increase but based on Greg's comments from the US update, thise early adopters may get the vehicle at with no dealer mark ups.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I have to say that if you were looking at EV that are both bigger thani the Ineos may not be thiiie right fit. Also, as American, we have no idea what the price would be since it was never released. All there has been speculation. We may get price increase but based on Greg's comments from the US update, thise early adopters may get the vehicle at with no dealer mark ups.
This is what I’m holding out for. But I’m tempering that with the assumption of a price hike. As long as there’s no dealer gouging.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunate for the US reservation holders. I'm having to weigh whether to stick with the grenadier or keep reservations and purchase a Rivian R1S (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024) or the Denali EV (paid deposit, estimated delivery 2024), both of which have confirmed and locked in pricing.
as stated here before, US prices were not stated yet. maybe they will be close to what you expected once they will be communicated due to strong USD / Ineos might not „increase“ US prices that much due to better exchange rates. fingers crossed.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
totally agree

I mean it sucks... but if you're not yet a customer, just a browser, you can't complain about price rises - you just got buyers (or browsers) remorse

May as well complain about property prices not being the same as 2 years ago

(I feel for US buyers, who seem to have been waiting for a chance to make a reservation but not yet been given it)

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Why, because they didn't put their money where their mouth is?
That and just general butthurt. Eg Its too expensive so Im going to buy a 70 series instead! (and wait 4 years) or buy a 300 series! (which is more expensive anyway)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Toyota have already said that there will be price rises for the 70 series when it drops here........ in 4 years time.

You can be guaranteed that it will not be long before Toyota up the price on the LC300 too, with the next year model.

INEOS have only done what everyone else is doing, I cant see the problem - however I already have deposits in place.

I do feel sorry though for the late comers, that sucks. I was too late to become an early adopter, so I have to wait longer now than others.
Such is Life.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Better load mine up then and try my hand at automotive arbitrage.
😁

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Me. What's not to like?
My n54 had hpfp issues and wastegate rattle that bmw refused to address/fix. Overall not happy with how bmw dealt with widely known problems with their motor. It was great to drive, but reliable it was not. I don't know why ineos couldnt arrange to put the 3.0 Cummins ecodiesel in the grenadier or if they even looked into it.

And that's where the problems come about when ineos looks to get into the US market. Motor and drivetrain would make a difference to me if they bothered to put out a manual diesel. I would bet most here would prefer that combination.

So now we're left waiting to see if grenadier makes being an early adopter here a worthwhile endeavor.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I read quite often about the straight six 3.0 litre engines from BMW with the 8 speed ZF as the perfect match. I haven’t heard that about other engines. But maybe in Germany we are biased towards our industry…

Back
Top Bottom