The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Africa Changing from Steel Rims To Alloy, Costs

Marine bushman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I have decided that I would like to keep the steel rims for when i do overland trips and put the 17 inch alloys on for day to day driving. I approached IG to order and was sent an invoice. It came through as R115 000 South African Rands some $6880 Dollar. This is absolutely mental and just can not be justified. If you Order them when you order the Gren they cost R10 000 south african rand $600 us dollar odd. So I guess there is no way I am taking these Rims. I dont mind paying a bit extra but x10 of the normal price is not fair and a rip off. I am concerned what spare parts are going to cost.

Any other options that anyone has tried and fitted?
What size 17 inch rims am i looking for. Its all very confusing?

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
I have decided that I would like to keep the steel rims for when i do overland trips and put the 17 inch alloys on for day to day driving. I approached IG to order and was sent an invoice. It came through as R115 000 South African Rands some $6880 Dollar. This is absolutely mental and just can not be justified. If you Order them when you order the Gren they cost R10 000 south african rand $600 us dollar odd. So I guess there is no way I am taking these Rims. I dont mind paying a bit extra but x10 of the normal price is not fair and a rip off. I am concerned what spare parts are going to cost.

Any other options that anyone has tried and fitted?
What size 17 inch rims am i looking for. Its all very confusing?
Hi Marine Bushman,
I just replied to your other thread.
17" 6 x 130, 84.1 bore, M14 x 1.5 wheel nuts, suitable load rating and offset.
Cheers Steve.

granadilla

Production/Transit
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I have had a similar experience with asking for the raised air intake to be added now prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. Once labour cost is included it comes to around 4 times more expensive than had I ordered at the time. Seems these prices are set by Ineos and local dealers are powerless when it comes to these crazy prices. Makes me very concerned as to what will happen with servicing and what parts will cost. Total Inoes Monopoly on parts. Was informed by Ineos that if any battery other than those provided by Inoes are used and it "causes issues with the vehicle that require repair" it will not be covered under the warranty. `Seems reasonable until one looks at the i current supply issues and costing..... not very reassuring that this go anywhere workhorse isn't going to be a glorified expensive stable bound show pony.
Hoping someone out there can reassure me that services are competitively priced, parts are available and it will send more time in the paddock than stable....

Back
Top Bottom