The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bailers?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I suspect you are right to a large degree - it’s a little while now since I cancelled my order and as I reflect back I think a lot is to do with the balance between on road and off road ability - I had no intention to travel across Southern Africa or Overland in the Australian style - I shoot a number of days a season and I fish which means driving off road but in each case I am “challenging “ a vehicle to a very limited degree

the IG seems to be set up to tackle more arduous conditions at the expense of an ability to comfortably address the less arduous

it’s plainly what many on here want in a vehicle and that is great but for my use needs the balance isn’t right

for those ordering early the price (in the GBP 60ks as I understand it) seems like a reasonable price for the vehicle ( issues resolved ) but the price now starts to get a little more challenging to rationalise (GBP creeping up over 80k)

I hope the project succeeds - I would not pop back to this forum periodically if I wasn’t to a degree supportive and I definitely applaud the many owners who have stoically put up with the various issues (including the foot wash for the door seals) - INDEOS are very fortunate to have so many understanding early adopters
Hi FlyingTrotter, I get what your saying. I am going from a 2020 New Defender that is incredible to drive both on-road and off-road. I highly recommend test driving one if you have not already. The new Land Cruiser may also be an option. I know the Grenadier on-road performance is not going to match the New Defender, however I am ready to try a new adventure in the Grenadier. DaBull

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi FlyingTrotter, I get what you’re saying. I am going from a 2020 New Defender that is incredible to drive both on-road and off-road. I highly recommend test driving one if you have not already. The new Land Cruiser may also be an option. I know the Grenadier on-road performance is not going to match the New Defender, however I am ready to try a new adventure in the Grenadier. DaBull
In my UK location (North London) the new Defender and the new RR are uninsurable - I tried - ordered a new RR but no chance of cover - and I am as you suggest now exploring the new 2024 Land cruiser which seems on what I have seen to be closer to an L322 RR albeit on springs not air suspension and GBP 70k ish in First Edition spec - I should be on the pre order list when it opens and will test drive and see

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my UK location (North London) the new Defender and the new RR are uninsurable - I tried - ordered a new RR but no chance of cover - and I am as you suggest now exploring the new 2024 Land cruiser which seems on what I have seen to be closer to an L322 RR albeit on springs not air suspension and GBP 70k ish in First Edition spec - I should be on the pre order list when it opens and will test drive and see
Hopefully, it’s suspension allows for a tighter turning circle and lower roof height which would all help if city based.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s IFS so it certainly will have a smaller turning circle.
Yep seems to be more suited to my needs but I want to see a production vehicle and take a test drive and confirm it’s insurable (so far I am told it will be but I guess time will tell on that)

hopefully a few IGs and a few new LCs will break up the JLR monopoly on shoots !!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very well put and best of luck with whatever you choose.
I remember an old diesel Toyota 4Runner with a stick I drove a few years ago in Costa Rica. At the time I was driving a Cayenne Turbo in the US. Two radically different cars - yet the 4Runner as a truck gave me more of a smile than my Cayenne. Go figure - sometimes the analog truck type feels more real than everything all cushy these days.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Yep seems to be more suited to my needs but I want to see a production vehicle and take a test drive and confirm it’s insurable (so far I am told it will be but I guess time will tell on that)

hopefully a few IGs and a few new LCs will break up the JLR monopoly on shoots !!
I only see Defenders on grouse moor’s.(among the guns)
I think if the industry comes together to further upgrade Grenadier’s, then we’ll see more drivers using them.
Who knows, maybe an obnoxious Yank will bring the new Lexus to the hill in 2024.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only see Defenders on grouse moor’s.(among the guns)
I think if the industry comes together to further upgrade Grenadier’s, then we’ll see more drivers using them.
Who knows, maybe an obnoxious Yank will bring the new Lexus to the hill in 2024.
On the high bird days I shoot (Exmoor, N Yorks, N Wales , Northumberland) i see some new defenders , plenty of Range Rovers , increasing numbers of new Discoveries the very occasional G wagon and old Defender and the loaders and others have Hi-lux Navarro and other pickups

not much different on grouse moors - maybe more guns in Range Rovers - but it’s a small sample

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
On the high bird days I shoot (Exmoor, N Yorks, N Wales , Northumberland) i see some new defenders , plenty of Range Rovers , increasing numbers of new Discoveries the very occasional G wagon and old Defender and the loaders and others have Hi-lux Navarro and other pickups

not much different on grouse moors - maybe more guns in Range Rovers - but it’s a small sample
If you don’t mind me asking, why did you cancel your order?

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

WE are a small sample.
I dare say here in the Midwest, 95 out of 100 people don’t even know what driven game shooting is.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

True about loaders and pickers up using crew cabs. I’ve had my Gren out a few times this season. On one day the guns were asked if they’d be happy to use their own vehicle. I volunteered as well as a new FFRR owner and the general consensus was that the Gren would be a better tool.. It’s classless, like the old defender or Subaru outback I’d not want to be climbing in to the back of a £150k FFRR on a wet day, with gun, cartridge bag and muddy boots.. I still think the Gren, for all its little faults, is a great bit kit. And FFRRs are, ahem, a bit footballers wife / new money.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True about loaders and pickers up using crew cabs. I’ve had my Gren out a few times this season. On one day the guns were asked if they’d be happy to use their own vehicle. I volunteered as well as a new FFRR owner and the general consensus was that the Gren would be a better tool.. It’s classless, like the old defender or Subaru outback I’d not want to be climbing in to the back of a £150k FFRR on a wet day, with gun, cartridge bag and muddy boots.. I still think the Gren, for all its little faults, is a great bit kit. And FFRRs are, ahem, a bit footballers wife / new money.
I shoot in a 2011 L322 Range Rover kitted out for the job - it’s fantastic - agreed on the suitability of a new FFRR - I was up at Pennal in Snowdonia and we were all thinking not sure I would fancy taking a new one round here 😀

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I shoot in a 2011 L322 Range Rover kitted out for the job - it’s fantastic - agreed on the suitability of a new FFRR - I was up at Pennal in Snowdonia and we were all thinking not sure I would fancy taking a new one round here 😀
Is the FF a euro model? What does FF connote?
The all blacked out RR’s on my last shoot days were not the look I wish to perpetuate here stateside.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The all blacked out RR’s on my last shoot days were not the look I wish to perpetuate here stateside.
In my humble opinion, since Tata Motors acquired JLR, they have ruined the brand. The L322 is the last of the line.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Full. Fat. Range. Rover.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking, why did you cancel your order?
I posted about it elsewhere - I like many was an early follower of the project - went to see and be driven off road in a pre- production vehicle - was unimpressed with the very amateur launch so didn’t order - followed as things developed - decided in part on the back of the forum and other things to place an order - did an on road test drive and realised it just wasn’t right for my intended use

test drive if a
its a ref to the big one not the Sport FFRR is the Full Fat version

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, since Tata Motors acquired JLR, they have ruined the brand. The L322 is the last of the line.
Well people have different views about Harry Metcalfe and Jeremy Clarkson but they did a well viewed YouTube in which they said nice things about the L322 - they both have older ones

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I was doing some thinking today on my school run about the IG and sales of them. I remembered when I got my L663 and I was the only one in the neighborhood for a long while. People would ring my doorbell or stop me in my driveway to ask me about it. It took a good year and half before they started to pop up all over the place. Now I have at least 10 in neighborhood and see them on regular basis. I think this will be the same for IG. It's going to take a good year for them to start popping up.

David Czarnecki

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons you might be seeing cancellations in the US is because it is very easy to preorder a grenadier with only a $450 refundable deposit. I think in Europe buyers were asked to put up $5,000 additional non-refundable deposit before they ordered their car. In the US there was always going to be a certain percentage drop out when they had to actually come up with the money. Just my 2 cents.
450...I was able to preorder with nothing down in August. I gave them $1000 at the dealer in October after test driving one.

Back
Top Bottom