The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bailers?

Grenadier

Production/Transit
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
I saw on Facebook that a email has been sent from Ineos to people saying they are providing 4.9% financing for vehicles that are sitting at dealerships. Now people are up in arms that they raised the price by 15k.

I personally think the people.on the fence have bought into a lot of the negative narrative around steering, and the teething issues. These people decided to bail without driving it themselves and experiencing the greatness
Can anyone here confirm this 4.9% financing?

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
I got this earlier

Get behind the wheel of a new Grenadier, without the wait. From 27th November to 31st December, we're offering finance on limited stock of selected new vehicles, ready to drive away now. Through INEOS Automotive Finance, we’re offering:

• A competitive 4.9% APR representative*

• Minimum 25% deposit

To get started, just contact your local retailer. The offer is only available through them and isn’t available online. Your retailer will be able to provide you with all the details and help you choose from the Grenadiers available.”

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got this earlier

Get behind the wheel of a new Grenadier, without the wait. From 27th November to 31st December, we're offering finance on limited stock of selected new vehicles, ready to drive away now. Through INEOS Automotive Finance, we’re offering:

• A competitive 4.9% APR representative*

• Minimum 25% deposit

To get started, just contact your local retailer. The offer is only available through them and isn’t available online. Your retailer will be able to provide you with all the details and help you choose from the Grenadiers available.”

Is this from Ineos?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is this from Ineos?
It's from ineos but no way in hell will we get that deal. The way you read it that you must take delievery from existing inventory.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking about the footwell. I had a friend who is buying a Grenadier and asked me what do think of foorwell issue. He had read the comments from RHD people and thought it would be issue here, thinking it flipped to LHD side. Again, it's people taking reviews as gospel.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's from ineos but no way in hell will we get that deal. The way you read it that you must take delievery from existing inventory.
So everybody that bailed that was early on the reservation list, so limited number at best...
My answer to why I might bail...say neighbor Joe drove by Ineos dealer, said hey that looks kind of cool, I'll take it, great all yours and we can get u 4.9% financing...me, on list for 2 + years, great finance offer of 10% and no idea when it might actually get here.

And maybe if the HVAC is not sorted..it was 19 F this morning, gotta have heat.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So everybody that bailed that was early on the reservation list, so limited number at best...
My answer to why I might bail...say neighbor Joe drove by Ineos dealer, said hey that looks kind of cool, I'll take it, great all yours and we can get u 4.9% financing...me, on list for 2 + years, great finance offer of 10% and no idea when it might actually get here.
Or if this went down in UK.you could bail on your oder and buy off the lot and get it for 4.9% I'm started looking ans I could get 5.6% from credit union.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes the 4.9% is UK and seemingly authorised by INEOS - most manufacturer finance is not in fact the manufacturer so here I suspect it’s all done via a finance house using by agreement the name INEOS finance

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes the 4.9% is UK and seemingly authorised by INEOS - most manufacturer finance is not in fact the manufacturer so here I suspect it’s all done via a finance house using by agreement the name INEOS finance
Rate movement has caught a lot manufactures off guard. I'm seeing toyota, Honda and Ford offering 0% financing. A small equipment dealership is offering f 0% financing on tractors. Who knows how this shakes out for us in US

DCAlbarran

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For me on the left coast of the US, the 2 years or so has given me a chance to look around at what else is available at a similar or lower price point. Interest rates have driven prices of other classics down (including Defenders, both NAS but especially RoW), inflation subsiding, chip shortages abating that are mostly chasing away dealer mark-ups, and all of a sudden there are more options at the same price range or lower. Mine isn't scheduled to come until next quarter, but I'm no millionaire, and this is a very major purchase. Worth looking at with fresh eyes.

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
To be fair, the trailer hitch issue has more to do with North America being obsessed with red rear turn signals (and being the only market globally that uses them)

Are you saying the US is the only country requiring red turn signals on vehicles or just on trailers? Please provide more details.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
No, the US doesn't require red turn signals, they just don't require amber signals like most (all?) other countries.
Most (but not all) manufacturers choose to change the turn signals to red for the US market because of esthetics, and it saves a little money.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting trend I'm seeing over the last few days - about 10 folks I know whom have ordered the vehicle are opting not to take delivery for a myriad of reasons. Build issues, price, other options, risk of high depreciation - etc. These are all VERY thoughtful/smart people whom I've met here and other places that at the end decided to end their journey at this point; couple said they may wait for the next model release for more 'gremlin removal.'

Curious to hear what others are noticing as well - as one person I'm a small sample - but are others seeing the same thing? Might open up some room for negotiating with the dealers if we see many unallocated vehicles for sale at the dealers.
I won’t bail and how and the heck would you hear about gremlins you would have to peruse one of the sub boards. This board has so many sub sections I am shocked they don’t have a section for hair and eye color board they really dilute the community by chopping it up with way to many sub categories that should happen but later on when we have seen deliveries increase.

Benz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Im on the fence. Have a 21 gls, 81 240gd, 2005 g500 and Im not sure the IG is an improvement over any of these. It really comes down to ergonomics, the footwell is cramped, armrests are in the wrong places, and the glass visibility forward and windows are like being in a jeep. Which I despise for the same reason poor cockpit vis in jeeps and old fj cruisers. It feels like one of those inside. I hate that they screwed this up because from a component l, drivetrain, and function perspective I love it. May wait to see if the ergos get addressed and hope for a hydrogen model as well. Range is also a problem.

Benz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Prior posts about people bailing because theyre broke seems a bit dismissive btw. And as far as overland camping my 98 12valve with 4wheelcamper flatbed is also superior in every way.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you saying the US is the only country requiring red turn signals on vehicles or just on trailers? Please provide more details.
As @nuclearbeef stated, the RoW (outside the Americas) requires yellow/amber rear turn signals. Around 20ish years ago a lot of manufacturers switched to red rear turn signals in North America for aesthetics (allows 2 color tails instead of 3, which in the days prior to LEDs made for a cleaner look).

For whatever reason, Ineos decided to follow this course and uses yellow rear turnsignals for RoW, but North America gets red. From what I have found/been told, the taillights are the same between RoW and North America, which means the body control module flashes the brake LEDs for turn instead of flashing the yellow "turn" LEDs.

The standard North American trailer wiring plugs are wired such that turn signals and brake lights share the same trigger wire (for ease of production and cost, since many trailers only use 1 "housing" per side to handle running/brake/turn lights (low power is running light, high power is brake and turn). In Europe, their 13 pin (and older 7 pin) connectors both have separate braking and turn signal wires.

I would imagine somewhere in the body control module, an oversight allowed for the logic coding to miss this distinction.

Back
Top Bottom