The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bailers?

TomE

Production/Transit
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
you all are gonna hate me... I was getting restless waiting for my build. (S Green Trailmaster, leather w/heat seats, 17" steel, 1/2 roof rack w/lights, safari windows, carpet). Dealer near (2hr drive) us had 16 IG's on lot for sale that were turndown orders. I drove down and decided to buy one they had versus the one I spec'd. They had a British White Trailmaster 17" steel, rockslides, rubber interior, and no other add-ons. I wasn't thrilled about build but I had to have it...I was like a kid . First bad signs my "giddiness" didn't filter ....My Smartwater bottle barely fit in the cup holder, my pistol barely fit in the center console (sig 365), and all my "stuff" had to remain in a sack because no where to put it. that shoulda been a sign for me!!

Next they handed me the keys and I drove off. I've driven the IG off-road and it was incredible, but never on the road. Once I hit aprox 65 mph the wind noise was ridiculous (to me) and I typically drive 75-85 mph. I did a u-turn and took it back to dealer and we canceled the deal (they were very gracious). I offered to give them $2000 for their time and effort, but they wouldn't accept.

Please hear me.. this was my issue. I shouldn't have forced the purchase. Warning signs started from beginning. I should have driven the IG on interstate or other roads as i typically drive, figured out if my weapon and other things I keep in a vehicle fit to my lifestyle. I now know for certain that this needs to be a 3rd vehicle for me and not my everyday commute vehicle. Again..for my needs. other may love it. I now have time, waiting on original build, to figure out what I want/need as my primary if I'm going to take my ordered unit.

The IG is an awesome vehicle, outstanding looks and capability, just cannot be my main mode of transport daily or for long trips. Just for my hunting, climbing, and off grid weekends sled.. I currently have a full size 2019 Range Rover SC and a 2021 Range Rover Sport SVR. The RR SC is great off-road and very nice, soft quiet on road. I guess I was expecting the same highway ride type... my bad !!!

Hope the comments were useful for this thread topic. Happy to answer any questions.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
you all are gonna hate me... I was getting restless waiting for my build. (S Green Trailmaster, leather w/heat seats, 17" steel, 1/2 roof rack w/lights, safari windows, carpet). Dealer near (2hr drive) us had 16 IG's on lot for sale that were turndown orders. I drove down and decided to buy one they had versus the one I spec'd. They had a British White Trailmaster 17" steel, rockslides, rubber interior, and no other add-ons. I wasn't thrilled about build but I had to have it...I was like a kid . First bad signs my "giddiness" didn't filter ....My Smartwater bottle barely fit in the cup holder, my pistol barely fit in the center console (sig 365), and all my "stuff" had to remain in a sack because no where to put it. that shoulda been a sign for me!!

Next they handed me the keys and I drove off. I've driven the IG off-road and it was incredible, but never on the road. Once I hit aprox 65 mph the wind noise was ridiculous (to me) and I typically drive 75-85 mph. I did a u-turn and took it back to dealer and we canceled the deal (they were very gracious). I offered to give them $2000 for their time and effort, but they wouldn't accept.

Please hear me.. this was my issue. I shouldn't have forced the purchase. Warning signs started from beginning. I should have driven the IG on interstate or other roads as i typically drive, figured out if my weapon and other things I keep in a vehicle fit to my lifestyle. I now know for certain that this needs to be a 3rd vehicle for me and not my everyday commute vehicle. Again..for my needs. other may love it. I now have time, waiting on original build, to figure out what I want/need as my primary if I'm going to take my ordered unit.

The IG is an awesome vehicle, outstanding looks and capability, just cannot be my main mode of transport daily or for long trips. Just for my hunting, climbing, and off grid weekends sled.. I currently have a full size 2019 Range Rover SC and a 2021 Range Rover Sport SVR. The RR SC is great off-road and very nice, soft quiet on road. I guess I was expecting the same highway ride type... my bad !!!

Hope the comments were useful for this thread topic. Happy to answer any questions.
Hey I gotta disagree with you on the highway driving. My other car is a bmw X6. And I prefer the ineos on highway driving - which to date has been 80% of my driving with the ineos after 5000 km. My typical highway speed is 65-70mph, around 100-120kph which is the legal limit in most of Australia. I love it and prefer it to the X6 now. The X6 can do up to 230kph but it’s not legal to do that here. So in legal driving there’s very little difference - the torque levels are superb in both so highway driving including overtaking is a breeze in either.

No right or wrongs here, just shows everyone should drive one before they buy. Ideally take it for a day or two.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have not had more fun driving on the road since our 1996 Discovery. I LOVE the Gren on the road! Steering feel is really good, coupled the suspension and power delivery, you just have to know how to drive it. That’s why people fault it, it’s different.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
With regards to on-pavement/hwy driving, I don’t know why it takes a couple hundred miles of bouncing and turning for the steering/suspension to get sorted but it does. Also, airing the tires down to something more reasonable (38F/41R for me) made a significant difference in handling. As someone else on the forum aptly put it, “it’s primarily an off road vehicle that can also be driven on the road,” in contrast to most vehicles these days.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Does the suspension etc gets sorted or do you get used to it. I assume the latter....

AWo
Maybe a touch of the latter, but majority of the former.

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Road noise could be from that roof rack, which may need a wind deflector or be moved back.

Back
Top Bottom