The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
D
If you don't mind me asking, speaking of spec changes, I paid my deposit yesterday for a certain config and want to add something. I made the change, saved the new config but I don't see it reflected in the order with a new $ total. How does that work?
don't make changes on the website
Do it at your dealer

Last edited:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, speaking of spec changes, I paid my deposit yesterday for a certain config and want to add something. I made the change, saved the new config but I don't see it reflected in the order with a new $ total. How does that work?
Ineos will send you an updated configuration via email but not sure when the website is updated.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's not accurate since Ineos could have released pricing info already and made a commitment to early adopters to honor that price. That's the expectation in this market. Otherwise there's no incentive to wait.
I don’t think any manufacturer would release binding prices 2 years out from market release. So much can change economically in that time. There is even a chance it might go down from what they would have to charge today if supply and shipping issues improve and economic conditions improve and also if competition in the US ramps up.

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I was at the local dealer yesterday for my inspection. He could see I was not in a rush (because I don't want a car before next year). He muttered... there is talk of price rises.. maybe June.

I sincerely hope it's just talk. Ineos are already at risk of pricing themselves out of their market. I know things are tough in Europe. Not sure what the answer is.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was at the local dealer yesterday for my inspection. He could see I was not in a rush (because I don't want a car before next year). He muttered... there is talk of price rises.. maybe June.

I sincerely hope it's just talk. Ineos are already at risk of pricing themselves out of their market. I know things are tough in Europe. Not sure what the answer is.
Sometimes you just have to walk away or accept a lower spec vehicle.
My configuration went up from $121K to $131K at the new prices but I had already placed the order so it held.
I finalised the order at $117K on road.
$120k was about my limit so if I was ordering today I would have to put some of the toys back in the box
I couldn't find any other equivalent vehicle that I could get for the money.
Plenty of alternatives but no equivalents

Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to walk away or accept a lower spec vehicle.
My configuration went up from $121K to $131K at the new prices but I had already placed the order so it held.
I finalised the order at $117K on road.
$120k was about my limit so if I was ordering today I would have to put some of the toys back in the box
I couldn't find any other equivalent vehicle that I could get for the money.
Plenty of alternatives but no equivalents
Personally I think another big price rise like the one before Christmas and the Grenadier will become a niche vehicle in Aus. I think at the original pricing they may well have sold 50k a year.

I'm kind of ok with the current pricing (just) another 15% on top and I'm out.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I think another big price rise like the one before Christmas and the Grenadier will become a niche vehicle in Aus. I think at the original pricing they may well have sold 50k a year.

I'm kind of ok with the current pricing (just) another 15% on top and I'm out.
They really only have to keep on par with 70 series LandCruiser pricing, or just a bit above it. I'm expecting that once Grenadiers start getting out into the wild, a lot of LC owners will be interested when they realise you can now buy a decent 4x4 with soundproofing and a good infotainment system, and even somewhere to rest your arm FROM THE FACTORY for under A$100K. I look at the standard inclusions on the Grenadier and wonder how much you would actually have to pay if you optioned up a LC76 wagon to the same standard. Things needing to be added to the LC include:
- GVM suspension upgrade (but you're still stuck with leaf springs at the rear)
- rear track width correction
- decent tyres
- Infotainment system with carplay/android auto etc.
- Extra wiring
- replace the seats (has anyone priced the Grenadier's Recaro seats on their own?)
- extra interior storage
- arm rests
- sound proofing
I'm sure there's more. And even after you've added all these things to a stock vehicle, you're still stuck with an oversized, under-powered engine and can't get into most underground car parks, and it's still.... a LandCruiser.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They really only have to keep on par with 70 series LandCruiser pricing, or just a bit above it. I'm expecting that once Grenadiers start getting out into the wild, a lot of LC owners will be interested when they realise you can now buy a decent 4x4 with soundproofing and a good infotainment system, and even somewhere to rest your arm FROM THE FACTORY for under A$100K. I look at the standard inclusions on the Grenadier and wonder how much you would actually have to pay if you optioned up a LC76 wagon to the same standard. Things needing to be added to the LC include:
- GVM suspension upgrade (but you're still stuck with leaf springs at the rear)
- rear track width correction
- decent tyres
- Infotainment system with carplay/android auto etc.
- Extra wiring
- replace the seats (has anyone priced the Grenadier's Recaro seats on their own?)
- extra interior storage
- arm rests
- sound proofing
I'm sure there's more. And even after you've added all these things to a stock vehicle, you're still stuck with an oversized, under-powered engine and can't get into most underground car parks, and it's still.... a LandCruiser.
From what I can see there isn't a single 70 series wagon available for sale in Australia
Toyota aren't giving prices for new orders and have over 12 months delivery
Closest you would come from Toyota is the LC300 or the Nissan Patrol
1674002032430.png
1674002109945.png

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Drove a Nissan Armada (same as Patrol) for a week late last year, felt a bit low rent & tinny to me. Even with a big petrol V8 still seemed a bit sluggish.

The build quality and solidity of the Grenadier prototypes put them in a different class to the Patrol.

Local time
Reaction score
For clarity I think the prices are ok as they are.

I'm just saying that another 15% price rise and I'll probably do something else. I bet a lot of others will too. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I can see there isn't a single 70 series wagon available for sale in Australia
Toyota aren't giving prices for new orders and have over 12 months delivery
Closest you would come from Toyota is the LC300 or the Nissan Patrol
View attachment 7800646
View attachment 7800647
Dave - the LC300 series is not as good "like-for-like" comparison to the Grenadier as the 70 series but, is the GX or GXL the closest?

Local time
Reaction score
I agree but it was as close as I could get
The GX is probably close to the base SW and the GXL to a specced up version
Yes .. I don't think a GXL is an Grenadier competitor.. as much as a new Defender is. They aren't the same thing although I'm sure there will be a few people moving from them to the Grenadier.

Anyway let's just hope they keep prices stable for a bit.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mmmm
My Grenadier has real Leather Recaro Seats, Sunroof, Full Lockers, proper AT tyres, Winch, Roo Bar, Towing Bar/Electrics, Alloy Wheels that don't look like plastic covers, Electrical Preparation, Roof Ladder. Proper Payload etc, etc, etc, etc etc for $114K driveaway

What does the LC300 GXL have for $114K driveaway?...........?............?............? nup cant think of anything but perhaps 7 cloth seats.

Too right the GXL is not a Grenadier Competitor. Perhaps the Sahara or ZRSport is - but they are $40K more than my vehicle.
Granted this is prior to the price rise, but this type of comparison sold me on the Grenadier straight away.

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Good luck to ineos if they price it over $70k in the United States.
Agreed. At that point I'm looking at a fully spec'd GX460. Was hoping it'd be more in the up-model Jeep and 4runner range. Wishful thinking I know.

Can anyone help me with the UK and Australian pricing being thrown around? I know doing a straight currency conversion doesn't make sense but it's helpful to get a general idea of the pricing. What portion of the numbers mention include some kind of built in tax above the base cost of the vehicle?

Im trying to back that percentage out. In the US, taxes are usually not mentioned in pricing because they are so specific to the state and even municipality.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. At that point I'm looking at a fully spec'd GX460. Was hoping it'd be more in the up-model Jeep and 4runner range. Wishful thinking I know.

Can anyone help me with the UK and Australian pricing being thrown around? I know doing a straight currency conversion doesn't make sense but it's helpful to get a general idea of the pricing. What portion of the numbers mention include some kind of built in tax above the base cost of the vehicle?

Im trying to back that percentage out. In the US, taxes are usually not mentioned in pricing because they are so specific to the state and even municipality.
Prices are on the configurator
Just log onto Australia instead of your default country, it is right at the bottom of the page
Australian pricing includes 10% GST (tax) so divide by 1.11 to get close enough to the tax free price
Then do the exchange rate

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Prices are on the configurator
Just log onto Australia instead of your default country, it is right at the bottom of the page
Australian pricing includes 10% GST (tax) so divide by 1.11 to get close enough to the tax free price
Then do the exchange rate

Thank you!

Spec'd the same options on both the UK and Australian configurator, and removed VAT and GST from their respective prices. Converted prices were interesting. Who knows if it's because of exchange rates or market differences but at least it gets me in the ballpark:

Australia = about $70,000USD
UK = about $66,000USD

$55,000-60,000 would be better. $60,000-80,000 seems to be a weird price point in the US. Well continue holding our breaths here for more info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom