The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Washing the Grenadier

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
This is the largest vehicle I have owned and I am trying to figure out what most of you plan on doing for keeping the Grenny clean.

Normally I wash my cars by hand and there is no way my middle-aged short stature behind will be able to wash this with any level of detail. I know I could get a ppf wrap and not have to worry much.

There are a few different places that offer monthly, unlimited, or savings packs. Any suggestions on the best services to buy and which options to choose?

Scrub-A-Dub around me has the following prices for unlimited washes:
The Ultra Unlimited – $49.99/mo
Unlimited Ultra Washes – Our best wash includes our Express Wash, 2 Step Ultra Shine protectant with UV protection and High Tech Polymers for durability, Under Wash, Rust Inhibitor & Wheel brite. PLUS Tire Shine and Vision Clear! Regular price $25-$26

The Works Unlimited – $39.99/mo
Unlimited Works Washes – Works Wash includes our Express Wash, Simoniz DuraGlaze 2 step conditioner/sealant for shine and protection, Under Wash, Rust Inhibitor & Wheel brite. Regular price $20-$21

Super Choice Unlimited – $29.99/mo
Unlimited Super Choice Washes – Super Choice Wash includes our Express Wash & your choice of 2 – Simoniz Sealant, Under Wash, Wheel brite. Regular price $15-$16

Express Unlimited – $24.99/mo
Unlimited Express Washes – Our basic car wash. Clean Fast & Fun! Regular price $10-$11

Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
This is the largest vehicle I have owned and I am trying to figure out what most of you plan on doing for keeping the Grenny clean.

Normally I wash my cars by hand and there is no way my middle-aged short stature behind will be able to wash this with any level of detail. I know I could get a ppf wrap and not have to worry much.

There are a few different places that offer monthly, unlimited, or savings packs. Any suggestions on the best services to buy and which options to choose?

Scrub-A-Dub around me has the following prices for unlimited washes:
The Ultra Unlimited – $49.99/mo
Unlimited Ultra Washes – Our best wash includes our Express Wash, 2 Step Ultra Shine protectant with UV protection and High Tech Polymers for durability, Under Wash, Rust Inhibitor & Wheel brite. PLUS Tire Shine and Vision Clear! Regular price $25-$26

The Works Unlimited – $39.99/mo
Unlimited Works Washes – Works Wash includes our Express Wash, Simoniz DuraGlaze 2 step conditioner/sealant for shine and protection, Under Wash, Rust Inhibitor & Wheel brite. Regular price $20-$21

Super Choice Unlimited – $29.99/mo
Unlimited Super Choice Washes – Super Choice Wash includes our Express Wash & your choice of 2 – Simoniz Sealant, Under Wash, Wheel brite. Regular price $15-$16

Express Unlimited – $24.99/mo
Unlimited Express Washes – Our basic car wash. Clean Fast & Fun! Regular price $10-$11
All those offers sound like a great deal................. I hate washing cars and to leave it to someone for a few hundred bucks per year sounds great. More time to enjoy your vehicle/do other stuff.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Twice a year I put marine wax (Collinite) on my vehicles. Sprayin/washing with just water makes it easy.

I try to wash the under carriage to remove salt as much as I can.
Fluid film, surface shield, etc helps to protect also.

But I would probably choose Super Choice Unlimited – $29.99/mo

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have not gone through an automatic yet but I had my ceramic coated. With ceramic coating the I buy the cheapest wash because really all you need just enough soap and the clean spot free rinse.

I have only had it for 6 weeks and just haven't had time to go to a car wash. My wifes vehicle is 2 months old and we haven't gone to the car wash yet.

On a related note, I hated taking my Defender through the wash because shifting from neutral to drive was a royal pain.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you get a ceramic coating, it has to be a touchless car wash or you will get pin stripes in the coating for the car wash. I have washed mine three times thus far. I have a small bench that is about 4-5 feet in length that I stand beside the IG. Then use a foam cannon to blast the car with suds. Mostly scrub the lower portion which is where the dirt accumulates. Then blast it off with a pressure washer.

I use the bench to get high enough to wash the top and then use 3ft microfiber rags to drag along the top to dry it and prevent water spotting.

Geez, after typing all this, I sound pretty anal on the cleaning, lol

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
If you get a ceramic coating, it has to be a touchless car wash or you will get pin stripes in the coating for the car wash. I have washed mine three times thus far. I have a small bench that is about 4-5 feet in length that I stand beside the IG. Then use a foam cannon to blast the car with suds. Mostly scrub the lower portion which is where the dirt accumulates. Then blast it off with a pressure washer.

I use the bench to get high enough to wash the top and then use 3ft microfiber rags to drag along the top to dry it and prevent water spotting.

Geez, after typing all this, I sound pretty anal on the cleaning, lol
If you want to pop over here you would be welcome to come and clean mine…….

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had mine since last June and haven’t cleaned it. Lives outside and I look for deep puddles after salty roads.
My car washer uses something like this. So much dirt was removed underneath I could see the car outline as I drove off. Just google Underneath Car Washer. Here's one from Walmart. DaBull

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My wife does the monthly w/ underbody blast and here in the salt belt it works wonders.
On days like today, your car looks like a glazed donut.
I’d be interested in hearing about water intrusion if anyone is using a touchless car wash

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
Among my motorbike and cycling friends we say “a washed bike is an inspected bike”. Life or death on two wheels.

IMO trucks look great dirty but maybe keep the underside clean and checked. 🤣

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't used automatic carwashes in many moons, however, one thing I remember someone posting months ago was that they had staining/discoloration of the exterior gear rail due to a carwash, with the belief that it was due to the traffic film remover that was commonly used.... Just something to think about

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I went thru a car wash this weekend as I wanted to get the salt off ASAP. One thing I discovered, the automatic wash did not like the ladder and tire on the back. The rest of the Grenny was fairly clean, Behind the Ladder and the Tire, like I had not even had it washed. Will probably get mine ceramic coated and just use a push brush.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The modern day car wash won't damage your paint. Just make sure you go to a big name one. At the car wash I go to, I see Porsche, BMWs, Mercedes getting washed. I'm sure our "built on purpose" trucks can handle a car wash.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car washer uses something like this. So much dirt was removed underneath I could see the car outline as I drove off. Just google Underneath Car Washer. Here's one from Walmart. DaBull
I have a very similar one from Amazon; and I'm a huge fan of it... Actually just used it yesterday.

If you don't have a pressure washer, but want a similar experience, just slide a spinny lawn sprinkler under the truck

Back
Top Bottom