The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Washing the Grenadier

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
If the Grenadier acts like no other car in North America when choosing to go through a car wash, this is going to be a disaster.
The guy standing out in the snow reading the owners manual was weird enough, but now a special procedure to go through an automated car wash?

I ‘m not smart enough for one of these I’m thinking’.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL... I'm thinking, people are gonna log onto this site looking for info on this new bad ass off road tank of a truck they are starting to see, and they are going to read a thread asking how to wash a car...

So much for our street cred.
Meh someone on the US Facebook group put 22s on a Grenadier already, so we're doing alright

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just put it neutral and there was no problem. The auto start/stop shut down the engine and it restarted at the end when I put the truck in drive and drove out.
I don't plan on shutting it off and then entering accessory mode.
I think the post was regarding those washes that pull your vehicle along a track from one end to another. Most of those that I’m aware of are the spinning rag or brush style. With touchless, the only kind I’ve ever experienced is the drive in, park, and the machine rotates around the vehicle.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL... I'm thinking, people are gonna log onto this site looking for info on this new bad ass off road tank of a truck they are starting to see, and they are going to read a thread asking how to wash a car...

Or if we should add nitrogen to our tires…🤡

Local time
Reaction score
Meh someone on the US Facebook group put 22s on a Grenadier already, so we're doing alright
It was bound to happen. Defenders and G's come that way after all!

If I close my eyes and wistfully harken back a couple decades to the heyday of Pirate4x4 and Ih8mud chat... I wonder how a thread asking how to wash a truck would have fared... In some ways, it's a kinder, gentler, internet.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Second time going through a car wash since I got my Grenadier. I did the same thing as last time. Put vehicle on neutral as it was dragged along by the moving belt. First time, no problem. This time, I couldn't put the Grenadier back to drive. It stayed in neutral and the same tone as lane departure kept going off. I was still in neutral as I popped out of the wash. Steering and brakes were still powered. I turned off the ignition and turned it back on. Vehicle responded. Drove to the nearest vacuum station. All good after.

Local time
Reaction score
I just read it. At the end, "Call the nearest Ineos dealer for support".

That's effin scary. "Hi, I'm in Fargo, and my wife went thru a car wash wrong, and it won't go into gear. Where is the nearest dealer to tow to?"

Is this a BMW drive train thing?

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

No worries a similar thread was posted on the Hummer (real Hummer) forum decades ago.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score

😂🤦🏻

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the post was regarding those washes that pull your vehicle along a track from one end to another. Most of those that I’m aware of are the spinning rag or brush style. With touchless, the only kind I’ve ever experienced is the drive in, park, and the machine rotates around the vehicle.
What I am talking about is a standard car wash on a track.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Second time going through a car wash since I got my Grenadier. I did the same thing as last time. Put vehicle on neutral as it was dragged along by the moving belt. First time, no problem. This time, I couldn't put the Grenadier back to drive. It stayed in neutral and the same tone as lane departure kept going off. I was still in neutral as I popped out of the wash. Steering and brakes were still powered. I turned off the ignition and turned it back on. Vehicle responded. Drove to the nearest vacuum station. All good after.
I think that all I had to do different was press the brake as I bumped it back into drive.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Given the process to put the Grenadier in car wash mode for the transmission I would never take it to an auto car wash that requires the workers to take control of the car.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No worries a similar thread was posted on the Hummer (real Hummer) forum decades ago.
Every car forum I’ve been apart of has a similar thread about ‘How do you wash your car?’ New Defender, Alfa 4C, if you want to see some really some in depth dissertations backed up by some post doctorate double-blinded thesis research head over to the Porsche forums.

With that being said, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of car detailing and washing. Pressure washer with foam gun attachment. Separate rinse bucket for my microfiber scrub brush, and an electric blower to dry the car off followed by a quick spritz with a quick detail spray. Sounds like overkill but it’s actually pretty efficient and I enjoy it. My wife is normally so excited about her clean car she’s celebrate by driving through the biggest puddle she can find within 24 hours….

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every car forum I’ve been apart of has a similar thread about ‘How do you wash your car?’ New Defender, Alfa 4C, if you want to see some really some in depth dissertations backed up by some post doctorate double-blinded thesis research head over to the Porsche forums.

With that being said, I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of car detailing and washing. Pressure washer with foam gun attachment. Separate rinse bucket for my microfiber scrub brush, and an electric blower to dry the car off followed by a quick spritz with a quick detail spray. Sounds like overkill but it’s actually pretty efficient and I enjoy it. My wife is normally so excited about her clean car she’s celebrate by driving through the biggest puddle she can find within 24 hours….
That was part of my reason for asking...I've never had such a large vehicle and just brushing the snow off it was a bit of a challenge for us short people. I know some people are fanatics about washing, waxing, polishing ad the various products associated.

I basically decided that I'll just go to a handwashing facility/detailer and pay someone else...

Back
Top Bottom