The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interested in buying pre owned grenadier

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
New here:

I have a grenadier on order but i have seen many unsatisfied with their vehicles as I have read through the forums in anticipation of my new car.

Not trying to resell - this is a life long keeper for me.

If willing to discuss please reach out.

Happy holidays.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I agree - the negative posts are not helpful.

I also agree that there are a few owners that are very disappointed, but I have to say there are others who have very positive experiences.

To make a proper decision I would like to know what there statistics are of unhappy verses happy customers.

Merry Christmas and @Shuggs I hope it works out for you.

Local time
Reaction score
I too agree that the negative posts lacking context are not helpful.
However, knowing the issues that have been arising, be it mechanically or electronically, and how Ineos / the dealerships are handling those issues, I have found to be helpful, simply because I know what I am walking into with wider eyes.

I also agree that statistics would aid in making one's decision as to whether purchasing this particular vehicle, however, considering it is so unique, buyer's expectations must be taken into consideration.
As a previous '97 D90 owner I never expected this to drive like a modern SUV. It actually handles better than my LR did, which was down right scary on the freeway.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful (for me) to know what mechanical / electronic issues have been arising, what Ineos has been doing about it, what the dealerships have been doing about it, and the expectations of each owner as they came into this particular purchase.

I have an Inky Black build coming in May (which has a lock date coming up shortly). Almost all options, less the extra differentials (I never needed more than center diff on my LR).

My point being, if anyone is unsatisfied, or wish they had built their vehicle differently, I would love to discuss options if they want out.

Enjoy your Grenadiers! I am certainly looking forward to mine.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
They all seem to be people that bought a base/commercial wagon. They complain about the back seat but it's because it's a commercial version. They didn't get all the options they wanted so now they don't like it kind of thing.

Local time
Reaction score
Understandable. And after much thought about how I’d be using this i think I’d be very much ok with a base model. Hence the post bc there has to someone out there thinking **** i should’ve gotten “xyz” on this too and i have a slot for may delivery.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I too agree that the negative posts lacking context are not helpful.
However, knowing the issues that have been arising, be it mechanically or electronically, and how Ineos / the dealerships are handling those issues, I have found to be helpful, simply because I know what I am walking into with wider eyes.

I also agree that statistics would aid in making one's decision as to whether purchasing this particular vehicle, however, considering it is so unique, buyer's expectations must be taken into consideration.
As a previous '97 D90 owner I never expected this to drive like a modern SUV. It actually handles better than my LR did, which was down right scary on the freeway.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful (for me) to know what mechanical / electronic issues have been arising, what Ineos has been doing about it, what the dealerships have been doing about it, and the expectations of each owner as they came into this particular purchase.

I have an Inky Black build coming in May (which has a lock date coming up shortly). Almost all options, less the extra differentials (I never needed more than center diff on my LR).

My point being, if anyone is unsatisfied, or wish they had built their vehicle differently, I would love to discuss options if they want out.

Enjoy your Grenadiers! I am certainly looking forward to mine.
Hi Shugs
In my view, you need to order the diff’s. For the little extra cash, it will make your vehicle all the more desirable should you ever think of selling.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Understandable. And after much thought about how I’d be using this i think I’d be very much ok with a base model. Hence the post bc there has to someone out there thinking **** i should’ve gotten “xyz” on this too and i have a slot for may delivery.
Dealers are selling the ones that people didn't pickup. I'd start by just contacting the closest dealer.

Local time
Reaction score
I actually did. The lease rates were absurd at 4K / month and they were charging above msrp, or wouldn’t turn on the radio, or allow me to see how easy it was to pair a phone… all the normal things one would do if buying a new car (which is not the ideal move to begin with in my opinion but I’d do it in this case). I found one dealer who’s honest and I plan to go through him if I don’t find something here.

However, I do very much appreciate that!

Local time
Reaction score
I actually did. The lease rates were absurd at 4K / month and they were charging above msrp, or wouldn’t turn on the radio, or allow me to see how easy it was to pair a phone… all the normal things one would do if buying a new car (which is not the ideal move to begin with in my opinion but I’d do it in this case). I found one dealer who’s honest and I plan to go through him if I don’t find something here.

However, I do very much appreciate that!

Shuggs, can you let us know what dealers were charging over MSRP?

I know there are a few on the forum and it might be helpful to ask a if they can help (Mossy comes to mind as I know they have been active).

You might also wait a little bit as things are still settling down and I think you might be happier with a build next year.

Local time
Reaction score
The price one particular dealer was charging over msrp varied over the course of three weeks.

Initially up charges were “hidden” in taxes (charging above the tax rate for CA / area code) and more recently they were charging about 10% above msrp, citing “add ons” that were already included in the vehicles build.

That was enough for me to walk out.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The price one particular dealer was charging over msrp varied over the course of three weeks.

Initially up charges were “hidden” in taxes (charging above the tax rate for CA / area code) and more recently they were charging about 10% above msrp, citing “add ons” that were already included in the vehicles build.

That was enough for me to walk out.
Was this a proper INEOS dealer or a different type of dealer that managed to get a hold of one?

Local time
Reaction score
Dealers should be back-filing clients that were pre-orders or at least giving them right of first refusal. If they have burned through all the pre orders then there must be quite a few people that bailed.

Have you asked the dealer in Irvine or SD?

Local time
Reaction score
Pasadena has several for sale currently from people that bailed. Still charging above msrp and they never called me to give me FNFR. And I’m “designated’ to go through Pasadena. So wtf.

Irvine dealership is fantastic. When I buy I’m going through them. The gentleman i spoke to there is great and he wasn’t expecting my business by any means.

Local time
Reaction score
What does that say about Rusnak? Wow, I thought they were a bit of a “fish out of water” selling Ineos but I’m disappointed.

Sounds like Greg C might have misjudged them:(. Sad as Rusnak is in the neighborhood.

@YellowLab have you picked yours up yet? Any intel for @Shuggs

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Markup isn't really surprising with off-the-lot Grenadiers. there's going to be extremely limited inventory for the 2024 model year. Can't blame them for taking some profits on their risky endeavor.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The Pasadena dealership is likely willing to dicker on vehicles that buyers have bailed on. The non diff-lock models (Fieldmasters) are not moving in Los Angeles because all the early adopters are "hardcore" types. That will change as soon as the general public starts to be aware of the vehicle. The traction control system works well enough so, if you really don't need the lockers, try walking in with a cash offer.

Back
Top Bottom