The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front spot lights

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Good morning All and Happy Christmas!
Has anyone switched the two front spot lights with effective lights that are “eye ball burners” rather than the existing ones that are as effective as a couple of candles?
Preferably just a direct swap over, I have seen rectangular Lazers fitted but would prefer to just do a straight replacement.
Thanks
John

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone switched the two front spot lights with effective lights that are “eye ball burners” rather than the existing ones that are as effective as a couple of candles?
Preferably just a direct swap over, I have seen rectangular Lazers fitted but would prefer to just do a straight replacement.
Thanks
John
Expensive but nice!

Lights

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
That is a great install. I go back and forth between something like that, or a light bar on my roof rack. I’ll most likely go light bar due to the factory connectors and switches (plus adding a reverse work light).
There is a factory connector in the engine bay with a corresponding switch on the overhead panel. I forgot what number it is.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks
John
I agree the two 5" spot lights do lack a bit of punch, and I too am considering an upgrade. I had thought Lazer would have brought out a suitable grill kit for the Grenadier incorporating 5" or even 7" round lamps, but their idea with rectangular lamps changes the whole front facial design that just doesn't meet with my approval. I considered the Lazer 9 inch Sentinels, but really to my mind they are too big.

I see TMD Tuning have brought out a kit - Floodlight Kit or Spotlight Kit - costing £1,199 that nicely integrates two Vision-X Cannon Flood or Spot lamps while retaining the original Grenadier design.

1703697772913.png

1703697804755.png

1703697840018.png

1703698000283.png

My only real concern revolves round the TMD Tuning price of £1,199 which seems a bit rich for basically 2 machined anodised rings, 2 stainless steel supports, and an aluminium relay support, given the lamps themselves retail at only £639.38 - VISION X LIGHT CANNON 4.7" CG2 49W MULTI LED DRIVING LIGHT KIT. Nice to see is the Vision X lamps carry a 5.5 year manufacturer's function warranty.

Last edited:

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree the two 5" spot lights do lack a bit of punch, and I too am considering an upgrade. I had thought Lazer would have brought out a suitable grill kit for the Grenadier incorporating 5" or even 7" round lamps, but their idea with rectangular lamps changes the whole front facial design that just doesn't meet with my approval. I considered the Lazer 9 inch Sentinels, but really to my mind they are too big.

I see TMD Tuning have brought out a kit - Floodlight Kit or Spotlight Kit - costing £1,199 that nicely integrates two Vision-X Cannon Flood or Spot lamps while retaining the original Grenadier design.

View attachment 7837333

View attachment 7837334

View attachment 7837335

View attachment 7837337

My only real concern revolves round the TMD Tuning price of £1,199 which seems a bit rich for basically 2 machined anodised rings, 2 stainless steel supports, and an aluminium relay support, given the lamps themselves retail at only £639.38 - VISION X LIGHT CANNON 4.7" CG2 49W MULTI LED DRIVING LIGHT KIT. Nice to see is the Vision X lamps carry a 5.5 year manufacturer's function warranty

Thanks for the very informative post @Arkaig - I agree about retaining the current design. A hefty price for what will be occasional use! Back to the drawing board for me!

Cheers

John

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In North America for some reason our spot lights only work in off-road mode WHY???
Anyone found a work around that illuminates these spot light on high beam?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In North America for some reason our spot lights only work in off-road mode WHY???
It’s the law in the US. You can re-wire them and tie into your aux panel to switch on/off. They are pretty weak / low lumen output actually. I’ll eventually just upgrade to some more powerful LED lights and keep stock front end vs bolt ons.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In mine, it must be because it is a UK vehicle, they work on high beam if turned on via the overhead panel and go out when the lights are dipped. They are however pretty weak and I need to update them to make them more effective.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine are pretty ineffective, could do with beefing up. Also, 9 out of 10 times it requires a double push of the overhead aux button to turn them on, whether main beam on or off. Once they are on I can toggle them on and off with just a single press - bit odd. I noticed as well that when the dipped beams are on and I toggle the aux switch on there's a noticeable drop in the dipped beam intensity (this is just activating the aux lights switch and not touching the main/high beam).

Reactions: PBD

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As has been noted, these are not fog lights and they are not marked DOT. They are Aux lights, and legally cannot be used on the road in the US.

This, they are configured to only work in off road mode.

Last edited:

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As has been noted, these are not fog lights and they are not marked DOT. They are Aux lights, and legally cannot be used on the road in the US.

This, they are configured to only work in off road mode.
As the kids say “whatever” my question still is, is there a work around? Obviously its fairly easy to add DOT replacement lights as some have already done IF one is compelled to comply with DOT.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is on my list to check when I drop the roof switch panel. I’m waiting for a warm weekend to install my Wolfbox. My guess is that the switch wiring is the easiest location to change between USA and RoW.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bet you’re right.
I wired my mirror/camera into the back of the 12 volt outlet in the center console, it’s ignition switched there so mirror automatically comes on/off with ignition key

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s the law in the US. You can re-wire them and tie into your aux panel to switch on/off. They are pretty weak / low lumen output actually. I’ll eventually just upgrade to some more powerful LED lights and keep stock front end vs bolt ons.
It’s the law sure and why the manufacturer has no option other than installing DOT approved lights. Complicated it isn't but probably more expensive and complying with DOT after delivery is not priority # 1 for me. Connecting to aux overhead panel is easy but would like to tie in with high beam activation. In the old days this was simple, just spice into the high beam wiring harness but today that may not be that simple. Since the ROW has this feature standard it shouldn’t be rocket science to figure it out but I’m not one.

Back
Top Bottom