The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front spot lights

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
Hey DaBull,

Ccam installed some BajaDesign LP6s on the front bumper, looks very nice - https://www.theineosforum.com/media/img_7594-jpeg.24386/

This past weekend I installed a BajaDesign On6x 20" light bar on my front bumper and I am very pleased with the result. I placed it on a 1 inch heavy zinc post so that it would not interfere with airflow in the lower grill. I have several BajaDesign lights on my Tacoma and they are all outstanding in design, quality and light output, I'm a fan. This is my first experience with the On6x model and holy cow, they emit a ton of light, more than I was expecting. With the On6x you have the option of tuning down the amount light that is emitted from the LED light by 30%. I did not opt of this, I went 100% The installation was relatively easy (of you don't count my small mishap, learn from my mishap). See below. I'm not sure I like the look of the BD S2 Sport lights that are mounted to the light bar, but I do like the look of the LED bar. I may change the position of the S2 Sport light, moving them closer to the middle of the grill so that it does not block the OEM offroad lights.

I may be wrong, but the grill is plastic, it did not impress me as a great spot to mount a light to. I personally would not mount a light to the plastic grill. I look forward to seeing your IG and your light set up and best of luck.

View attachment 7845791
Hi LeonD, I like the elevated mounts on the bumper for airflow to both the lights and Grenadier vents too. Great to hear the light output is more than you expected. Your idea of mounting the BD S2 lights more to the middle would be functional because you could adjust them to shoot straight or arc them slightly to the side. If there is room, you could also accomplish the same thing by mounting them to the side of the linear light bar, which would also look nice and give you the same adjustability for light throw. DaBull

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:09 PM
Reaction score
@AnD3rew is running the linear elite 18 and I like the way it fits width wise on the bullbar. If you can fashion a mount for it on the grill I'd imagine it would be as good.
View attachment 7845783

I'm going to run mine on the bullbar as well so the Leitner mount may not work for me. I'm collecting mounts trying to find the lowest profile I can before buying a light bar. So far I think I like the Axia Alloys the best. I noticed them on the Baja Designs site and they may be the ones I roll with. I also ordered a pair of their little guys to test with my scene lights. Stedi 13.9 for now but may upgrade later on when I figure out what I'm doing in the rear.

Does anyone have the OD of the bull bar tube so I can buy the correct tube clamp bracket?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have the OD of the bull bar tube so I can buy the correct tube clamp bracket?
The RFI 50mm UHF bracket works well. It should work for a light bracket, provided the holes are not too wide.

MGH Gren.jpg
FITTING TIPS FOR AERIAL (most apply to a LED lightbar, etc)
Two bolts on the rear side clamps the bracket to the bar, and the self-tapping screw on the underside makes sure the bracket does not twist around the bar. Two tips, first, attach and tighten the aerial base to the bracket before fully tightening the nuts on the two bolts. You need to move the bracket to get proper access to the aerial's nut and tighten that nut first. Second tighten the two bolts to a similar degree, otherwise one side is tight and the other not so. The screw is the last thing to do. The bracket is now tight so drill a hole, put Goop (or other sealant) on the screw to seal it up as it is screwed in. It helps prevent rust forming in the hole in the Roo Bar.

Or take a look at the Lighforce Bar Clamps, 3 sizes (6 sizes with rubber inserts), most relevant would be 44mm to 51mm. Comes in polished or black powder coated. Link to polished here. STEDI also has a selection here.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Maxitrac 50mm one doesn't; I had to enlarge the bolt holes.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The RFI 50mm UHF bracket works well. It should work for a light bracket, provided the holes are not too wide.

View attachment 7846164
FITTING TIPS FOR AERIAL (most apply to a LED lightbar, etc)
Two bolts on the rear side clamps the bracket to the bar, and the self-tapping screw on the underside makes sure the bracket does not twist around the bar. Two tips, first, attach and tighten the aerial base to the bracket before fully tightening the nuts on the two bolts. You need to move the bracket to get proper access to the aerial's nut and tighten that nut first. Second tighten the two bolts to a similar degree, otherwise one side is tight and the other not so. The screw is the last thing to do. The bracket is now tight so drill a hole, put Goop (or other sealant) on the screw to seal it up as it is screwed in. It helps prevent rust forming in the hole in the Roo Bar.

Or take a look at the Lighforce Bar Clamps, 3 sizes (6 sizes with rubber inserts), most relevant would be 44mm to 51mm. Comes in polished or black powder coated. Link to polished here. STEDI also has a selection here.
Thanks
Much appreciated
Those checkerplates look great on that cream paint.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AnD3rew is running the linear elite 18 and I like the way it fits width wise on the bullbar. If you can fashion a mount for it on the grill I'd imagine it would be as good.
View attachment 7845783

I'm going to run mine on the bullbar as well so the Leitner mount may not work for me. I'm collecting mounts trying to find the lowest profile I can before buying a light bar. So far I think I like the Axia Alloys the best. I noticed them on the Baja Designs site and they may be the ones I roll with. I also ordered a pair of their little guys to test with my scene lights. Stedi 13.9 for now but may upgrade later on when I figure out what I'm doing in the rear.

I would like to get mine up higher. I bought those mounts but wasn’t able to get them to sit where I really wanted. I am still on the lookout for something that would tuck it up closer to the top of the bar. The light bar itself is excellent I don’t think you could possibly get more light for the slim size and shape.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
I would like to get mine up higher. I bought those mounts but wasn’t able to get them to sit where I really wanted. I am still on the lookout for something that would tuck it up closer to the top of the bar. The light bar itself is excellent I don’t think you could possibly get more light for the slim size and shape.
Are you using the center mounts from Lazer to suspend the light bar? I think there may be a slot for that mount on the bottom as well. That would raise the bar but I don't know if you can hang the light when it's mounted that way. Also could try the stedi hex clamps or a low profile mount like the Axia Alloys ones I posted. It looks like using the end pins to secure the light would be lower profile but I'm not sure if the width of that bar allows the end mounts to be used.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes using the Lazer mounting points that slots into the back of the bar bolted into Stedi bar clamps. But yes investigating some of those ones as options

Back
Top Bottom