The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Does the Trialmaster come with the air intake plate and plugs?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
My Trialmaster is on a boat for delivery. I wanted everything on the Trialmaster except for the air intake. Anyone that has received theirs know if it comes with a replacement air intake plate and the rubber plugs for the mounting holes if you remove it?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It does not

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is, as I understand it, easily converted once you have the parts.

You might be able to find someone with a SW or FM willing to swap.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
It is, as I understand it, easily converted once you have the parts.

You might be able to find someone with a SW or FM willing to swap.
Anyone have the part numbers to remove the air snorkel and replace it with blank off plate etc. DaBull

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I configured a similar IG at first, but I did not want the air pipe. But, it couldn't be deleted from the build! So I started over with a basic SW and built up a custom rig similar to the TM without the air pipe. Maybe someday I'll actually have it......

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
When the parts warehouse is settled in I will probably remove the air intake, and replace it for big desert trips. It looks like it might be a 20 minute job, but then I might be wrong about that; itll come down to the side indicator I think.

jb504

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
I configured a similar IG at first, but I did not want the air pipe. But, it couldn't be deleted from the build! So I started over with a basic SW and built up a custom rig similar to the TM without the air pipe. Maybe someday I'll actually
I did the same thing. I think the build end up costing more not to have the snorkel. Am considering reconfiguring to TM and deleting it later. I think it will end up cheaper overall even after buying the trim parts.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Snorkel was the main reason I didn’t get a Trialmaster. Seems like a pretty easy piece of plastic to fabricate/3d-print.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only if someone gives you the CAD file and you have a large platform machine.
Isn’t there just a hand-sized plate that covers the hole that the snorkel goes into? I can do 36x36cm at home.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Snorkel was the main reason I didn’t get a Trialmaster. Seems like a pretty easy piece of plastic to fabricate/3d-print.
Why is the RAI a problem? I just want to understand it because I have read the same thing from several people.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Why is the RAI a problem? I just want to understand it because I have read the same thing from several people.
I presume there are more people like me that don’t like the look. If you don’t need it and don’t like it it’s a good choice not to buy it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I presume there are more people like me that don’t like the look. If you don’t need it and don’t like it it’s a good choice not to buy it.
I agree. I think cosmetics play a large role here for all sides - people who need it, people who want other people to think they need it, those who don’t need it, and those who don’t care but it made more sense to by a TM regardless.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rovie, There is no problem with the RAI. You either like the look or not. Since I ordered the Trialmaster, the RAI was automatically part of that build and you could not unclick getting it. Since I don't particularly like the look, I will simply remove it and order the blanking plate/vent from Grenadier once I find the part number. DaBull

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That's me. Pretty ugly, and for me, not necessary for the driving I will be doing.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Wife says interferes with her ability to see out of the window towards the right. We don't plan of heavy off-road use in the short team, so plan on replacing with cover plate and 'plugs'. Eventually, as our lifestyle evolve, the RAI may get re-installed/replaced/upgraded.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. I think cosmetics play a large role here for all sides - people who need it, people who want other people to think they need it, those who don’t need it, and those who don’t care but it made more sense to by a TM regardless.
Ok, thanks. Then I'm one of those people who don't need the RAI, who don't necessarily want it, who don't want to show other people that they need it and who don't care.
I bought the Trialmaster and the RAI was on it.
The look of the vehicle doesn't matter to me, apart from the colour. For me, functionality, including add-on parts, is clearly the most important thing.
But if the look of the vehicle is important to someone, I can understand that and be happy for them.
I think that's what makes the difference. Everyone should equip and use their vehicle the way they like it and enjoy it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rovie, There is no problem with the RAI. You either like the look or not. Since I ordered the Trialmaster, the RAI was automatically part of that build and you could not unclick getting it. Since I don't particularly like the look, I will simply remove it and order the blanking plate/vent from Grenadier once I find the part number. DaBull
Hi DaBull, ok. Thank you. If it's about the look, I understand.

Back
Top Bottom