The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Does the Trialmaster come with the air intake plate and plugs?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
I presume there are more people like me that don’t like the look. If you don’t need it and don’t like it it’s a good choice not to buy it.
Except it saves several thousand building the IG to the same specs. By the time you’ve gone with BFG KO2, front/rear lockers, the added electrical, the utility belt inside and out, etc you’re several grand more.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Except it saves several thousand building the IG to the same specs. By the time you’ve gone with BFG KO2, front/rear lockers, the added electrical, the utility belt inside and out, etc you’re several grand more.
IS that true? I thought we had gone and looked at Ala carte vs packages here in the US and there wasn’t a ‘deal’ on packages. Now, it does seem like ala carte versus packages may have changed delivery order here in the US.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The difference in buying a Trialmaster or outfitting all the options on a base wagon is $1,000USD (base being more); between a Fieldmaster and equally optioned base wagon is $1,075USD (base being more). So unless you really want everything the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster gives you, it isn't a cost savings

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
The difference in buying a Trialmaster or outfitting all the options on a base wagon is $1,000USD (base being more); between a Fieldmaster and equally optioned base wagon is $1,075USD (base being more). So unless you really want everything the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster gives you, it isn't a cost savings
But the Jacket ??! ;p
adam lambert jacket GIF

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I built one out and there’s more than a $1k diff. Even if it was $1k. Why would you not get an edition one? The ones guys can’t seem to flip are the ones built up.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I agree. I think cosmetics play a large role here for all sides - people who need it, people who want other people to think they need it, those who don’t need it, and those who don’t care but it made more sense to by a TM regardless.
I live in the desert SW, and the RAI makes sense if I were driving behind another vehicle on a dirt road, fast enough to be kicking up dust, and close enough to be sucking it into the intake, which I might do once or twice but since I'll probably be going around solo, most likely not. Not sure it makes a lot of difference to my use, but I wanted the other stuff on the TM package, so I got it.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I built one out and there’s more than a $1k diff. Even if it was $1k. Why would you not get an edition one? The ones guys can’t seem to flip are the ones built up.
I did the builds as I was typing the post to confirm...

Honestly, if you wanted everything that comes with each package, then yes, order the package. Personally, I wanted a blend of both, but without the stereo (doing it myself) and without the second battery (again, doing it myself).

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
Why is the RAI a problem? I just want to understand it because I have read the same thing from several people.
I’m hoping the aftermarket come out with their own waterproof version. Whose idea was it to put the side indicator in the actual RAI in the first place. Australian conditions you prefer a snorkel (fully sealed) opposed to a raised air intake. It is a hydraulic accident waiting to happen Especially when that indicator pops out

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping the aftermarket come out with their own waterproof version. Whose idea was it to put the side indicator in the actual RAI in the first place. Australian conditions you prefer a snorkel (fully sealed) opposed to a raised air intake. It is a hydraulic accident waiting to happen Especially when that indicator pops out
Having it be a "true" snorkel is all well and good, but there are so many things that are effected by deep water that aren't the air intake (on any vehicle), that having the snorkel and saying "it is for deep water" is more for the 'gram than for actual use.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
And if you select some of the Fieldmasters specs to the Trialmaster it’s probably vs. vs.
What is the point in this? Of course there are circumstances where buying a Trialmaster is the economic better choice. But the question was why would someone prefer not the have the raised air intake.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And if you select some of the Fieldmasters specs to the Trialmaster it’s probably vs. vs.
What is the point in this? Of course there are circumstances where buying a Trialmaster is the economic better choice. But the question was why would someone prefer not the have the raised air intake.
Because I don’t like the look of it, there’s no practical reason for me to have it, additional road noise, and more resistance.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaBull, ok. Thank you. If it's about the look, I understand.
Hi, Has anyone purchased a Grenadier with the Raised Air Intake and removed it. I was looking for any instructions on how to do so and exactly what parts to order from my Dealer for a proper blanking plate and fittings. DaBull

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone purchased a Grenadier with the Raised Air Intake and removed it. I was looking for any instructions on how to do so and exactly what parts to order from my Dealer for a proper blanking plate and fittings. DaBull
@DaBull I am also searching for this information. Somewhere buried in the forum I saw a posting that had the part numbers for the blanking plates and screws to remove the RAI and return it to the factory non-RAI look. I ordered a TM but also don't like the look of the RAI and want to return to factory look.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also ordered a trialmaster but I don't want to keep the RAI everyday. I will only mount it when I travel on very dusty roads.

The fieldmaster type plates SHOULD come with my car to remove it. I ordered them as replacements.

I'll let you know when I pick it up.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also ordered a trialmaster but I don't want to keep the RAI everyday. I will only mount it when I travel on very dusty roads.

The fieldmaster type plates SHOULD come with my car to remove it. I ordered them as replacements.

I'll let you know when I pick it up.
Hi ORSO, Did you order the blanking plates on the website when you pre-ordedee your Grenadier or did you put in a separate order through your dealer or Ineos afterwards. DaBull

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I put in a separate order through my dealer.

I'll let you know in 48 hours (y)

Unfortunately, to date I do haven't access to the portal with the exploded views of the vehicle and even less to the workshop manual.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bay now has the plate available for the fender. Nothing for the A-Pillar though

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Saw plates on eBay. Probably crap but I’d imagine serviceable until IA comes through.

Back
Top Bottom