The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing raised intake

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Yes, there have been at least 3 versions of the air intake position (excluding RAI). This one would notionally give you a higher wading limit.
FB_IMG_1660984648277.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Better to deform than rip off it's called engineering
Form over substance perhaps? Sorry, I’ll take substance in this instance. I’m guessing if you gave it a moderately solid tug you’d either tear it off or certainly bend it at the fixing point.
My safari snorkel is as solid as it was 10 years ago when it was fitted
And I’d guess take a better hit than the panels would.
Sorry, but for something that is as solid as a brick outhouse like the IG, I just expected better made.

To put it into perspective I think you could easily push a blade right through it. So hitting a tree branch on a tight track could easily damage it. Not much chance of that happening to the main snorkel brands we have here in Oz.

Last edited:
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
I'm interested in removing my RAI too. If you look at the base wagon configuration, you'll see that all versions seem to draw air from the side. But the problem is the side marker light. Not sure how easy that will be to move since it is integrated into the RAI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230329_232357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329_232357_Chrome.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19

Don Fraser

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if you can option a white or Scottish White RAI given that function is a priority in design and a light colour would assist in cooling air to the engine in hot climates

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm interested in removing my RAI too. If you look at the base wagon configuration, you'll see that all versions seem to draw air from the side. But the problem is the side marker light. Not sure how easy that will be to move since it is integrated into the RAI.
It looks like the same indicator light with or without RAI. Once the RAI is loose, I bet you can reach inside and squeeze a few tabs to release the light, then just press it in the wing.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if you can option a white or Scottish White RAI given that function is a priority in design and a light colour would assist in cooling air to the engine in hot climates
There was a white RAI early on:
Screenshot_20210512_201100_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score

If the engine does indeed draw it's air from there, that´ll be the worst possible position on a 4x4.

Rather then removing the RAI I´d fit a cyclone to it, unless you'll never want to take the vehicle off-road.

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 15

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the engine does indeed draw it's air from there, that´ll be the worst possible position on a 4x4.

Rather then removing the RAI I´d fit a cyclone to it, unless you'll never want to use the vehicle off-road.
It does, look at post #56 in this thread.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Rather then removing the RAI I´d fit a cyclone to it, unless you'll never want to take the vehicle off-road.
The cyclone option comes with the full RAI and you replace the top section when offroad and nobody can see/judge you

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'm a bit confused as to why the RAI is not ideal... can you clarify?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I which you had said earlier, I would have ordered without the RAI and happily swapped my side panel for your RAI…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I which you had said earlier, I would have ordered without the RAI and happily swapped my side panel for your RAI…
When the parts list goes live it will be interesting to see the difference in cost of the two parts.

Back
Top Bottom